Re: *** PLANTAINMAN'S COO VARIANTS ***

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:23 am

Great guide and great work, I love it :wink:

plantainman
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby plantainman » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:40 pm

snaggletooth wrote:Great post again mate, how come only the COO 7 snag gets the PBP label?

I've removed the PBP label on COO7 from the COO guide Scott pending further information on the origin of these EURO variants. I may even follow suit of my Walrus man guide and leave the names of the figures out of the way. The snaggletooth guide is still 'work in progress'. Peace
*** SWFUK FEEDBACK *** COO VARIANTS by Plantainman (thread link) *** LIMELIGHT (coming soon, yeah right) ***

snaggletooth
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby snaggletooth » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:01 pm

Personally I don't think any of the scared cantina aliens are PBP exclusives mate but I do believe they where all made at the PBP factory. I have a made in Spain Snag so I'll check which colour figure is in it tomorrow when I get home.

I also have two greedo's in the same type of baggie, they are both a different colour plastics and paint and also have slight different scars.

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:16 pm

Awesome scott, we would love to hear more about those PBP figures :wink:

snaggletooth
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby snaggletooth » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:19 pm

The one on my MOC has the darker plastic and paint but better applied to the mouth than the COO 7 figure here

plantainman
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby plantainman » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:33 pm

snaggletooth wrote:The one on my MOC has the darker plastic and paint but better applied to the mouth than the COO 7 figure here

Could possibly be the COO6 variant scar with the dark red crimson body then. The dark red snags can be found with both COO6 & COO7 scars.
I guess the figure is too close to the card to see the COO scar?
*** SWFUK FEEDBACK *** COO VARIANTS by Plantainman (thread link) *** LIMELIGHT (coming soon, yeah right) ***

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:07 pm

Here is the coo Neil that I promised you :D I hope you can use it Image

snaggletooth
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby snaggletooth » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:22 pm

plantainman wrote:
snaggletooth wrote:The one on my MOC has the darker plastic and paint but better applied to the mouth than the COO 7 figure here

Could possibly be the COO6 variant scar with the dark red crimson body then. The dark red snags can be found with both COO6 & COO7 scars.
I guess the figure is too close to the card to see the COO scar?

Thanks and I can't see the COO

plantainman
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby plantainman » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:33 pm

Yeah, thats certainly a slightly different HK COO to the 3 I have posted. It looks very much like my third HK COO but with the HK ever so slightly more left aligned.

If each HK COO mould was made in pairs, then there must either be 4 slightly differing HK COO's which we now seem to have documented, or possibly 6 if there are 3 HK COO moulds. Something to keep an eye out, so check your snags HK COO's people :)

Much work to do yet on this figure, Keep up the good work guys!
Last edited by plantainman on Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:53 pm

We will keep an eye out :D

plantainman
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

**COO VARIANTS** by Plantainman

Postby plantainman » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:34 pm

First up, the Han bespin COO guide...

The obvious difference between Kenner & Lili Ledy Han Bespin figures is the hair being painted over the ears. You can also see sharper face details on the Kenner figures. There are other differences too (trousers, weapons); see further down.

Of note is that there is also suspected to be two Poch variants of this figure, which come in COO's #1 & #6. I won't expand on those figures here, as I will leave that to probably one of four people I can think of that know a lot more about those variants.

Here is group shot of the 9 figures in order...

Face colour, Hair colour and details can widely vary with the kenner figures. There's a reddish brown hair colour all the way through to a jet black hair colour (I'll endeavour to photograph that at some point). Some can be found with the greenish faded limbs, this is plastic degeneration. You will notice the ledy figures have a different colour tone for the trousers. The Ledy NO COO has a very dark chocolatey brown tone, whilst the two Ledy HK variants, have a lighter chocolatey tone than the Ledy NO COO, but definitely darker than the Kenner figures.
The Ledy figures also have a unique wide handled Bespin blaster.

Group shot of 3 Ledy variants...

Of note is that the HK Ledy's can also be found with a painted back buckle (not seen here). This obviously would NOT have been a factory error, as the back belt buckle would require its own paint spray mask, as it is a different shape to the front buckle. It is believed these painted back buckle figures were the earlier examples of the HK Ledy's.

Group shot of favourite 8 variants...
Left to right, 2 line HK, 1 line NO CoO, 2 line No CoO Kenner, 2 line No CoO Ledy, 3 line MIHK (left align) Kenner, Retorno 3 line MIHK (left align) Ledy, 3 line MIHK (centre align) Kenner, Retorno 3 line MIHK (centre align) Ledy

As ever, chat welcomed.

-------------

Links :

WALRUS MAN GUIDE|RED SNAGGLETOOTH GUIDE|HAMMERHEAD GUIDE|GREEDO GUIDE*|

LUKE BESPIN GUIDE*|HAN SOLO BESPIN GUIDE|OBI WAN KENOBI GUIDE|DARTH VADER GUIDE*|

BOBA FETT GUIDE|DENGAR GUIDE|IG-88 GUIDE|4-LOM GUIDE|

LUKE X-WING GUIDE*|IMPERIAL COMMANDER GUIDE*|AT-AT COMMANDER GUIDE|AT-AT DRIVER GUIDE|

LUKE HOTH GUIDE|REBEL SOLDIER GUIDE|LEIA HOTH GUIDE|HAN SOLO HOTH GUIDE*|

ADMIRAL ACKBAR GUIDE|NIEN NUNB GUIDE|BIKER SCOUT GUIDE*|REBEL COMMANDO GUIDE*|

* coming soon

Any discussion is welcomed :mrgreen:
Last edited by plantainman on Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:52 pm, edited 16 times in total.

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:08 pm

Wow nice update Neil, thanks now I have some more coo vairnats to hunt :lol:

But I also have at least one that you do not have :D my lili ledy looks like something between no. 4 and 7 :?

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:31 pm

Hi again Neil, I have been looking at mine and I think I have 2 or 3 that you are missing of those Solo coo variants.

walkie
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby walkie » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:52 pm

Nice work Neil :D
Wanted: Lili Ledy, Glasslite, Meccano, Canadian Instruction Sheets, $$$ waiting!!

Visit My Vintage Paperwork Limelight Click Me!
The Glasslite Guide & Discussion Thread Click Me! & The Droids Guide & Discussion Thread Click Me!

plantainman
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby plantainman » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:16 pm

walkie wrote:Nice work Neil :D

Cheers Stef. Wish I had your photography tekkers :D

Pomse2001 wrote:Hi again Neil, I have been looking at mine and I think I have 2 or 3 that you are missing of those Solo coo variants.

Cool, Great, maybe you could post some clear pics to the thread? Always interested in seeing other mould variations etc

Return to “Vintage Reference Library”