**COO VARIANTS** by Plantainman

plantainman

Jedi Master
snaggletooth said:
The one on my MOC has the darker plastic and paint but better applied to the mouth than the COO 7 figure here

Could possibly be the COO6 variant scar with the dark red crimson body then. The dark red snags can be found with both COO6 & COO7 scars.
I guess the figure is too close to the card to see the COO scar?

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
plantainman said:
snaggletooth said:
The one on my MOC has the darker plastic and paint but better applied to the mouth than the COO 7 figure here

Could possibly be the COO6 variant scar with the dark red crimson body then. The dark red snags can be found with both COO6 & COO7 scars.
I guess the figure is too close to the card to see the COO scar?

Thanks and I can't see the COO

plantainman

Jedi Master
Yeah, thats certainly a slightly different HK COO to the 3 I have posted. It looks very much like my third HK COO but with the HK ever so slightly more left aligned.

If each HK COO mould was made in pairs, then there must either be 4 slightly differing HK COO's which we now seem to have documented, or possibly 6 if there are 3 HK COO moulds. Something to keep an eye out, so check your snags HK COO's people :)

Much work to do yet on this figure, Keep up the good work guys!

plantainman

Jedi Master
First up, the Han bespin COO guide...

The obvious difference between Kenner & Lili Ledy Han Bespin figures is the hair being painted over the ears. You can also see sharper face details on the Kenner figures. There are other differences too (trousers, weapons); see further down.

Of note is that there is also suspected to be two Poch variants of this figure, which come in COO's #1 & #6. I won't expand on those figures here, as I will leave that to probably one of four people I can think of that know a lot more about those variants.

Han_COO_guide_watermarked_SM.jpg

group 9 SM.jpg

Face colour, Hair colour and details can widely vary with the kenner figures. There's a reddish brown hair colour all the way through to a jet black hair colour (I'll endeavour to photograph that at some point). Some can be found with the greenish faded limbs, this is plastic degeneration. You will notice the ledy figures have a different colour tone for the trousers. The Ledy NO COO has a very dark chocolatey brown tone, whilst the two Ledy HK variants, have a lighter chocolatey tone than the Ledy NO COO, but definitely darker than the Kenner figures.
The Ledy figures also have a unique wide handled Bespin blaster.

Group shot of 3 Ledy variants...
SAM_2533.JPG

Of note is that the HK Ledy's can also be found with a painted back buckle (not seen here). This obviously would NOT have been a factory error, as the back belt buckle would require its own paint spray mask, as it is a different shape to the front buckle. It is believed these painted back buckle figures were the earlier examples of the HK Ledy's.

Group shot of favourite 8 variants...
SAM_6324.JPG

Left to right, 2 line HK, 1 line NO CoO, 2 line No CoO Kenner, 2 line No CoO Ledy, 3 line MIHK (left align) Kenner, Retorno 3 line MIHK (left align) Ledy, 3 line MIHK (centre align) Kenner, Retorno 3 line MIHK (centre align) Ledy

As ever, chat welcomed.

-------------

Links :

WALRUS MAN GUIDE | RED SNAGGLETOOTH GUIDE | HAMMERHEAD GUIDE | GREEDO GUIDE |

LUKE BESPIN GUIDE | HAN SOLO BESPIN GUIDE | OBI WAN KENOBI GUIDE | DARTH VADER GUIDE |

BOBA FETT GUIDE | DENGAR GUIDE | IG-88 GUIDE | 4-LOM GUIDE | STORMTROOPER GUIDE |

LUKE X-WING GUIDE | IMPERIAL COMMANDER GUIDE | AT-AT COMMANDER GUIDE | AT-AT DRIVER GUIDE |

LUKE HOTH GUIDE | REBEL SOLDIER GUIDE | LEIA HOTH GUIDE | HAN SOLO HOTH GUIDE |

ADMIRAL ACKBAR GUIDE | NIEN NUNB GUIDE | BIKER SCOUT GUIDE | REBEL COMMANDO GUIDE |

discussion welcomed!

Last edited:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Wow nice update Neil, thanks now I have some more coo vairnats to hunt :lol:

But I also have at least one that you do not have :D my lili ledy looks like something between no. 4 and 7 :?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi again Neil, I have been looking at mine and I think I have 2 or 3 that you are missing of those Solo coo variants.

plantainman

Jedi Master
walkie said:
Nice work Neil :D

Cheers Stef. Wish I had your photography tekkers :D

Pomse2001 said:
Hi again Neil, I have been looking at mine and I think I have 2 or 3 that you are missing of those Solo coo variants.

Cool, Great, maybe you could post some clear pics to the thread? Always interested in seeing other mould variations etc

Pomse2001

Grand Master
plantainman said:
walkie said:
Nice work Neil :D

Cheers Stef. Wish I had your photography tekkers :D

Pomse2001 said:

Cool, Great, maybe you could post some clear pics to the thread? Always interested in seeing other mould variations etc

No problem mate, I post some picture soon. Have you found some more Red Snaggletooths ?

.Q.

Jedi Master
This thread is awesome, any excuse to dig through my figs and see what's what. :wink:

I have a 3 Snags, one is #3 from your reference, although mine has painted cuffs. The other 2 are both #7, came in a childhood collection I bought and feel fortunate to have found the dark skin/ sloppy chops version by pure chance! :D

Have also added dark and light skin Wallies to my wish list, nice to have new targets for my bargain hunting.

Brilliant work on show, very much looking forward to seeing more! :)

plantainman

Jedi Master
Pomse2001 said:
No problem mate, I post some picture soon. Have you found some more Red Snaggletooths ?

Cool, make sure the pictures you post are a sensible size and don't distort the page setup. Anything the same size or smaller than the last red snag one you posted will be great.

No, sadly I have not bought anymore red snags. In fact I haven't bought anything in about 6 weeks. I still search in particular for your HK version and COO#6 in deep crimson red amongst also a couple of cuff versions. No rush :D

.Q. said:
This thread is awesome, any excuse to dig through my figs and see what's what. :wink:

I have a 3 Snags, one is #3 from your reference, although mine has painted cuffs. The other 2 are both #7, came in a childhood collection I bought and feel fortunate to have found the dark skin/ sloppy chops version by pure chance! :D

Have also added dark and light skin Wallies to my wish list, nice to have new targets for my bargain hunting.

Brilliant work on show, very much looking forward to seeing more! :)

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy it. This thread is exactly for the purpose you have stated above. Its for people interested in variants to check what they have/haven't got, and to see whats out there to go and collect if they wish.

Hopefully I can work up the motivation to document another character shortly :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
No problem mate I will make good pictures, sorry to hear you have not found the snaggletooth. I have also not found any snaggletooth that I am missing :(

plantainman

Jedi Master
Leia Hoth COO guide...

The 1 line NO COO figure, seen last in the below guide is regarded as the Meccano variant. The boots on this figure are a deep olive green colour as opposed to the more regular faun tan colour.

Leia_hoth_COO_base_sm_wm.jpg

The 3 line HK COO figures can come in at least three distinct hair colours, Brown, Red and Black. To me it is quite obvious when you are looking at a red hair Leia because the redness really does show up. I've seen many people label the light brown hair Leia as red hair, but it isn't the same to me.
Though I'm not 100% sure, I think the red hair Leia generally has a yellower tone to the hip paint application than the brown haired Leia.
black brown red 3 line HK wm.jpg

There are a couple of spanish origin figures. One of which, confirmed/documented by Wolff and not seen here is the 3 line HK COO figure with green eyebrows. The other figure, introduced by Kenneth is the 4 line HK COO with tan face, paler hip details, and greenish tinged boots. You can read about these variants elsewhere in Poch/PBP discussions.

One of my favourite figures is my pale/white face Leia, It is so striking. I believe it could well be a bridge piece (pre-production) between a 'first shot' and the mass produced figures. The head plastic is very white (Just like the first shot figures were), but with regular painted detailing, apart from the lipstick, which instead of being pink, is in fact a pale orange colour. The first picture below is a photo of it next to its kenner COO sister, the second photo to compare the COO's, the third a close up of the head details, and lastly a comparision shot between the regular flesh face, the tan face, and the white face figures.
white face.jpg

First shot...
leia hoth first shot.jpg

white face pre-production...
SAM_2861 crop.jpg

SAM_2865.JPG

Updated picture of favourite eight variants;
SAM_5941.JPG

Left to right, 2 line NO COO, 1 line NO COO (Meccano), 4 line HK I flesh face, 4 line HK II white face, China raised bar, 3 line HK black hair, 3 line HK brown hair & 3 line HK red hair

Discussion welcomed of course!

-------------------------------------

Links :

LUKE BESPIN GUIDE | HAN SOLO BESPIN GUIDE | OBI WAN KENOBI GUIDE | DARTH VADER GUIDE |

BOBA FETT GUIDE | DENGAR GUIDE | IG-88 GUIDE | 4-LOM GUIDE | STORMTROOPER GUIDE |

LUKE X-WING GUIDE | IMPERIAL COMMANDER GUIDE | AT-AT COMMANDER GUIDE | AT-AT DRIVER GUIDE |

ADMIRAL ACKBAR GUIDE | NIEN NUNB GUIDE | BIKER SCOUT GUIDE | REBEL COMMANDO GUIDE |

discussion welcomed!

Last edited:

plantainman

Jedi Master
Dublinjeff said:
Hi Neil,

What an awesome thread. Some excellent work involved here. Pm on the way :D

Really enjoyed reading through the pages.

Cheers Jeff. Hopefully I'll find the time to add a few more pages of content yet :D

In the meantime, if anyone has any info or discussion, especially relating to the white face leia, then post away...

plantainman

Jedi Master
Dengar guide

First up, The Kenner produced Dengar Coo's...
Clockwise, Starting top right...
4 line MIHK, 1 line No Coo, 2 line HK & 3 line MIHK
Den_HK_base_sm.jpg

Left to right...
SAM_6138.JPG

3 line MIHK 'Mustard face', 4 line MIHK 'Flesh face', 1 line No Coo 'Flesh face' & 2 line HK 'Lemon face'

The 'Mustard face' figure can often be found in a kind of chocolatey coloured armour, as opposed to the more common purple.

Next, The PBP/Euro produced Dengar coo's...
plantainman TINKER dengar coo pbp.jpg

L1 has the 1980 L.F.L set away from the © copyright symbol, whilst L2 has the 1980 L.F.L. set immediately adjacent to the © copyright symbol. You can see that L1 is slightly more left aligned, whilst L2 is slightly more right aligned compared to the copyright symbol.

On the right are the four main Euro right leg Coo's, Although almost every single right leg can be found with an an example of a worn mould where the lettering will appear far more faded or smudged even. For example, The 'MADE IN _____ON' figure can be found with the 'M' mostly missing, While the 'MADE IN _____' figure can be found with both the 'M' & the 'A' missing. This is merely due to a degrading mould producing a less pronounced stamp.
See below...
L1L2 R1R2R3R4.jpg

With there being 2 different left legs, and 4 different right legs, There can be found 8 different Coo stamped PBP/Euro Dengar figures, More if you include the figures with coo's stemming from the worn moulds!

Here are the four main right leg Coo variants...
SAM_6161.JPG

Left to right,
'MADE IN _____ON', 'MADE IN _______', 'I _______' & '_________' (aka Blank)

Face colour comparison...
SAM_6141.JPG

Clockwise beginning at the top,
Flesh face, Lemon face, Pale face & Mustard face

Group shot of 8 variants...
SAM_6165.JPG

Left to right,
3 line MIHK 'Mustard face', 4 line MIHK 'Flesh face', 1 line No Coo 'Flesh face', 2 line HK 'Lemon face', 'MADE IN _____ON', 'MADE IN _______', 'I _______' & '_________' (aka Blank)

Discussion Welcomed, Peace,
Neil

-------------------------------------------------------

Links :

discussion welcomed!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom