Confused? - you will be

e30318is

Sith Lord
Flipping heck! I am off to send my china stamped Klaatu skiff guard for carbon dating (which I thought was accurate to +/- 20 years at best?!)
What a load of drivel! Who has come up with that turd?!

itfciain

Grand Master
WTF ?

What a load of bollocks - if they are China stamped then they are fake ? Who is this moron and why has he posted all that rubbish ?

Carbon dating my arse :roll:

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
What a load of ****! These is just gonna lead idiotd to believe this crap. (Watch out for ebay auctions with supposed fake figures with china coos :lol: :lol: )

e30318is

Sith Lord
I wonder how many sellers will lose out selling "fake" loose figures.
This is the sort of miss information the hobby doesnt need.

Madness I tells ya!

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Its all true!- Honest :shock: :?

Oh damnation all those raised bar china coo's I have been collecting, all fakes, been ripped of blind I have - anyone in the market for some fakes as it seems I have loads :lol: what a melting pot of total tosh.

Thought it best to post b4 any of us that sell on ebay from time to time get told we are selling fakes :roll:

PGowdy

Grand Master
Oh my god! :shock: Where has that come from?? Raised bar China Stormtrooper... FAKE now apparently. That's at least half a dozen of mine just gone in the bin.
Shocking. This is absolutely scandalous! I have a good mind to write to them... whoever they are.

aussiejames

Sith Lord
And his ebay name is kennerstarwars :lol: Definitely a case of keep your mouth shut & let people think you are an idiot instead of opening your mouth & confirming it :wink:

momike

Jedi Master
I have just thrown all my china figures away! No room for fakes in my collection 8)

ODB

Jedi Master
I collect fakes so if you can send me all your fakes it would be lovely.

Honestly who is this guy and why has he not been spammed to death?

Frunkstar

Grand Master
I was soooo tempted, but need my account, to have sent him this message & feel we should all use the report this review tab on the page, I will start the ball rolling, as he is clearly full of himself.

"quote"

China figures review - I am so tempted to drop you a link to my fave Ivor biggun song as I feel the shoe fits.

On a more serious note - why have you written this obviously outlandish lie?, I have been collecting vintage SW since I was 7, I am now 40 & know for fact 100% that China COO & Raised bar COO's are legitimate.

Please do enlighten me?.

kind regards

Frank

"end quote"

I await his witty & informative response :?

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Well I did report this guide to ebay back then & have just had this reply -

Dear Frank:

Thank you for your email.

We appreciate your feedback. The person who wrote the guide was not an expert in science, so we sought one out. The writer of the guide told us it was merely a suggestion; however we had a manger consult with a University Expert in this area.

Based on the professor?s opinion, we revised the section under ("Spotting Fake Vintage Star Wars Figures" guide) citing the professor's comments per his email in quotation. We then removed the brief reference to suggest C14 dating under ("Vintage Star Wars Weapons" guide).

Regarding COO China. Our manager has been attempting to make direct contact with Lucasfilm, LTD., regarding licensing and production history, but no answer from them at this time. Based on known U.S. history and trade agreements with China specifically, we don't have any independent evidence to show otherwise.

We have no doubt that certain vintage figures and weapons are been copied and sold on ebay and other websites. As you know, fake reproductions occur in all industries especially when there is a successful product. Copies of Star Wars items can be traced back to the early days, including Mexico, China and other counties. If you have any evidence that can be independently authenticated, we would be happy to investigate further.

Thank you for taking the time to write.

Happy Holidays!

Tiffani @CS

So if we can get them some evidence we can get this looked in to further, come on guys lets see if we can't get something done right for the hobby :)

itfciain

Grand Master
Who are these people whom profess to be experts and why the **** do they get to write this sort of rubbish anyway ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom