Seems a bit suspicious don’t you think ?

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
Is it me or does this cardback mr TT is selling looks a little to clean for a used cardback ? Looks suspiciously like one of his Fett cardbacks with the minimal bubble tear due to glue not activating? Is it possible he did get some trilogo cardabacks in amongst the factory overstock lot?

eBay item number 254168555784

TK-7785

Jedi Master
It's possible I guess. There's some obvious evidence of a bubble having been attached at some point, but I don't recall ever seeing a genuine used Trilogo card back that clean. The glue on Trilogo bubbles always seems to have been very good, as evidenced by the amount of litho torn and, in some cases, layers of card being torn from the card back. Maybe he got some Trilogo cards and this is a failed test!? I guess we'd all better start examining our Trilogos, especially Han Carbonites, very closely for any TT tell tales. :(

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I would say this is genuine. However light the bubble impression is, it is there. And I've seen trilogos with very weak seals before, I've got a Tusken Raider with a very cleanly detached top half of the bubble. I also used to own a trilogo Luke X-Wing that the bubble just fell off, so it does happen.

Paddy the Jedi

Padawan
I've just bought the Trilogo cardback in question!! I have also bought about 15 carded Trilogos from Toni over the past number of years-no issues with them and I am delighted to have added them to my collection!!!!

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Regardless its being sold by TT then that's enough to put me off completely, though it does appear to be genuine from what I can see it would still be worth checking trilogos for the TT taint. :evil:

Paddy the Jedi

Padawan
Irrespective of the issue with the carded figures scandal he does have a lot of genuine stock-particularly Trilogos! If I'm not mistaken Stephane Faucourt recently highlighted a Trilogo cardback that looked like a proof card-but was due to the weak bubble seal-which is apparently common!!

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
Paddy the Jedi said:
Irrespective of the issue with the carded figures scandal he does have a lot of genuine stock-particularly Trilogos! If I'm not mistaken Stephane Faucourt recently highlighted a Trilogo cardback that looked like a proof card-but was due to the weak bubble seal-which is apparently common!!

Yeah thanks a lot for paying that arse holes bills :roll:

olisuds

Sith Lord
Paddy the Jedi said:

Any pics of that one or was it on Facebook?

I had a very clean POTF cardback that came from a former Kenner employee. The bubble had been glued on very weakly and unattached leaving a relatively clean undamaged cardback. I'm sure there are others originating from Kenner or Palitoy employees that are the same. Perhaps used for displays or samples.

olisuds

Sith Lord
I wasn't talking about the Tri Logo Han Carbonite referred to in the first post. I thought Stephane had seen another example. I dont see any others in TT's sold / completed items though.

Paddy the Jedi

Padawan
Hello Cardback kid-when the Toytoni scandal broke lots of collectors came out of the woodwork to analyse and dissect it all with indefatigable attention-however how many of those same people not only knew what was happening before 2012 but bought willingly from Toni? On a other point-if I want to buy Trilogos from Toni then I will!! Too many people take the moral high ground when it suits them and unfortunately can easily become abusive and judgemental behind the mask of a smartphone, PC and keyboard!!!!

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
It's not about standing on a higher plane of morality but protecting the collecting community as a whole. Not wanting to fund a criminal entity defrauding many through deception fraud and counterfeiting should not be seen as being judgemental or abusive, its obvious that you are happy to fund his ways regardless of his current/shady past business methods when it suits, don't feel offended when others step forward to share their thoughts on the matter because they rightfully choose not to purchase from him.

Everyone is pretty open here known and unknown and not really into hiding behind a screen to flame, as is evident by the forum itself being alive and well.

Regards...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom