New Member....seeking a bit of advice please

Vintage

Hi Everyone

This is my first post on the site, so I'll give you a brief background as to why I'm here;

I recently inherited a huge amount of vintage toys. Although I'd always loved looking at them, I have no expertise regarding any of them.

Amongst the collection are hundreds of vintage Star Wars figures, vehicles, ships etc (1977-1985). I loved the films and figures as a child so these were of particular interest to me.

There are many duplicates of each figure, so my original plan was to see if I had one of each figure made (which I did) keep the best one, match them with their weapon, display them nicely in a case and sell any duplicates.

As I'm sure you are all aware this is where the confusion started.
What I'd really like to sort out for my collection is one of each figure sold in the uk that I would have owned as a child.
Could someone please point me in the direction of what I should be looking for with regards to the 'coo marks etc' usually found on their leg, or any other specific feature for these figures.
At this early stage of my collecting I'm not too worried about getting different variations of the same figure (small/big head Han Solo or the blonde/brown haired Luke farm boy etc) so if there's a specific one I should go for that would be great.

My other major concern when researching the weapons was the phenomenal number and variants of reproductions there are.
If I'm going to have a display of original vintage figures I don't want to do it with reproduction weapons, and I don't want to sell the ones I don't keep if they are repros.

I've used various sites such as the imperial gunnery to try and verify the weapons but the minute details are above my knowledge at present.
If I was to post a couple of photos of weapons would anyone be willing to have a look and give me their opinion please?

Thanks very much for taking the time to read through my lengthy post.
Any comments, opinions and advice is welcome

Many thanks
Jamie

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Hi Jamie, good to hear you're planning to keep a set of loose figures. The best thing to do would be to provide some nice clear photos that show all the figures arrayed in rows, and then another photo that shows all the weapon items. A simple test on the weapons, is called the float test. Put them in a big bowl of water and push them all down under the surface. If they're vintage they should bob back up again. This isn't flawless as a few specific vintage weapons do sink (from memory Logray staffs and Gam Guard axes) but it's a good starting point.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom