• R2-D2

Votes: 33 45.2%
  • Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues)

Votes: 40 54.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
So here we are for 2019, the final two figures as voted by the forum, if you had asked me at the start to name 20 figures that may make it to the final I doubt I would have named either, possibly R2 popping in but no way Luke Bespin. So a good guy is going to win, yes we had Princess Leia take the title in 2017 but that was more due to Carrie Fisher's passing at the tail end of 2016. But this time we have one on it's own merit going to take the championship. Neither has been a serious contender in the past, Quarter final has been the best for both these figures when they both reached that stage in 2017, on that occasion R2 fell to TIE Pilot and Luke Bespin lost out to Boba Fett. In the all time form table R2 lays 13th whilst Luke Bespin is in 18th prior to this years competition, both should significantly rise in that particular table especially the winner.

To reach this years show piece they've both beaten some tough opposition, both topped their respective groups in the opening, Luke Bespin topped Group F, qualifying alongside AT-ST Driver, between the two of them they eliminated Zuckuss, Luke Stormie, Droopy McCool and Nikto. R2 topped Group M, a tougher group on reflection pipping AT-AT Driver to top space, Bossk, Walrus Man, Rebel Commander and Sy Snootles.

Both figures were drawn tough ties in the second round, R2-D2 beating Luke Skywalker whilst Luke Bespin came past Sand People. The last 16 was no easier as Luke Bespin beat 2016 champion ERG and R2 had an easer stroll as he eased past IG-88. Quarter finals and it was another former champ for Luke Bespin as this time he saw off 2017 champion Princess Leia, R2 had the win of the round though as he beat the defending champion Biker Scout. With the pair beating former champions left right and centre, there was one left in fighting, Stormtrooper, Luke Bespin would make it a hat trick of former champions as he comfortably beat the 2014 victor. R2 also impressed against Yoda.

Whose going to win? Well it is difficult to call, no real previous form and both have had impressive runs with some big scalps to their names, whoever wins it I can guarantee they won't retain it next year, this is a huge one off opportunity, just which figure can hold it's nerve to take this title in this golden moment.

PREVIOUS WINNERS
2014 - Stormtrooper
2015 - Boba Fett
2016 - Emperor's Royal Guard
2017 - Princess Leia Organa
2018 - Biker Scout
2019 - ???????????

LET THE VOTING BEGIN

PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR FAVOURITE

VOTING CLOSES ON SUNDAY 17th AT 8pm

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
53037D42-0B65-4A25-BD69-2DF6ECEF5B51.jpeg

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Luke Bespin - one of the Luke's i desperately wanted but never found on pegs. Always loved that cardback, just wish they had given him a blue sabre :roll:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Ok this was easy for me R2-D2, but so far looks like luke will win this one, can r2 come back and beat luke :?

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
R2 for me. I love the simplicity of the figure. Luke is cool too but R2 is an earlybird icon.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Ok this was easy for me R2-D2, but so far looks like luke will win this one, can r2 come back and beat luke :?
Well that's put the mockers on that... :lol:
R2 all day long, he's first 12 and iconic, but suspect Luke will win as Lars has voted for R2! :wink:

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Luke Bespin never really interested me much as a kid so I'm going to vote with my 11 year old head on :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
Pomse2001 said:
Well that's put the mockers on that... :lol:
R2 all day long, he's first 12 and iconic, but suspect Luke will win as Lars has voted for R2! :wink:

Thanks :lol: looks like it is still the same luke is in front :shock:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I'm really pleased to see Luke Bespin in the final, I had a focus on him for a few years and I've always liked both the figure and cardbacks. Plus Luke in the Bespin scenes is possibly the best part of the film trilogy.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Artoo Deetoa for me. If it wasn't for him they'd all have been dead.. several times. Death star plans, trash compactor, opening various doors etc. He's the real hero of the trilogy :D Not a bad figure either :lol:

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
Think I went for R2 in the quick fire on TVR podcast, but its always been Luke Bespin for me :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom