Pomse2001 said:
Here are some older pictures of my good old Tatooine skiff :D

Tatooine Skiff01.JPG

Tatooine Skiff02.JPG

Tatooine Skiff06.JPG

Tatooine Skiff03.JPG

Tatooine Skiff04.JPG

Tatooine Skiff05.JPG
What a super example, Lars! Thanks for sharing :)

Alas, my PC chose yesterday to die, so I cannot access my picture files currently (I am posting this from my work laptop). Once I get my PC back from the repair shop, hopefully I can post some pics of my own Skiff... although it's not as nice as yours! :lol:

Palifan

Sith Lord
This is the one vintage thing that I would still love to own. I'm a bit priced out of it now a days but at least I have the modern version that's as close as can be to the real thing. Oh and I probably shouldn't have passed on the near complete one for $40 I came across about 5 years ago, I didn't know they'd gone up so much in value at the time :roll:

Great example Lars and looking forward to seeing a few more on here.

Ian

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I don't vollect the ships Lars, but if I did I would love one as great as yours.
And I'm sure that Jeremy will be along soon (once his Laptop has been fixed) with another nice one.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

Tatooine Skiff01.JPG

Tatooine Skiff02.JPG

Tatooine Skiff06.JPG

Tatooine Skiff03.JPG

Tatooine Skiff04.JPG

Tatooine Skiff05.JPG

Alas, my PC chose yesterday to die, so I cannot access my picture files currently (I am posting this from my work laptop). Once I get my PC back from the repair shop, hopefully I can post some pics of my own Skiff... although it's not as nice as yours! :lol:

Thanks mate for the always so kind words :D

Wow sorry to read about your pc :( what did happen ? I hope they can fix it and that it does not cost much :wink: I can't wait to see your skiff :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palifan said:
This is the one vintage thing that I would still love to own. I'm a bit priced out of it now a days but at least I have the modern version that's as close as can be to the real thing. Oh and I probably shouldn't have passed on the near complete one for $40 I came across about 5 years ago, I didn't know they'd gone up so much in value at the time :roll:

Great example Lars and looking forward to seeing a few more on here.

Ian

Thanks Ian for the very kind words :D Sorry to read you passed a near complete one 5 years ago :( I do not know how much this cost today :? I bought mine in the 00 when there was a lot of them on auction and the prices was I guess much cheaper.

I hope you find one soon for your collection :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TK-7785 said:
Lovely example, Lars. I've never owned a Skiff but have always loved it.

Thanks mate for the kind words :D I am very surprised that you never have owned one with all the cool things you always have for sale :shock: that I would love to have if I had the money for it :lol: I must say I really love some of those palitoy boxes you added for sale today, awesome items 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
I don't vollect the ships Lars, but if I did I would love one as great as yours.
And I'm sure that Jeremy will be along soon (once his Laptop has been fixed) with another nice one.

Thanks mate, then I hope you will get one soon, I wish you good luck with the hunt :wink:

Yes we must cross our fingers for him that his pc will be fixed soon so we can see some pictures of his vehicle 8)

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Pomse2001 said:
TK-7785 said:

Thanks mate for the kind words :D I am very surprised that you never have owned one with all the cool things you always have for sale :shock: that I would love to have if I had the money for it :lol: I must say I really love some of those palitoy boxes you added for sale today, awesome items 8)

Ha! I guess it's strangely always been one of those items I would "pick up another time". It's on my 2019 collecting goals list...as long as I can keep focused and not keep getting distracted by everything else that comes my way. :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TK-7785 said:
Pomse2001 said:
TK-7785 said:

Ha! I guess it's strangely always been one of those items I would "pick up another time". It's on my 2019 collecting goals list...as long as I can keep focused and not keep getting distracted by everything else that comes my way. :lol:

I hope you find one in 2019 for your collection :wink: so you are getting distracted by everything else :lol: the same here, I have tried to buy the kenner death star and the sonic controlled landspeeder for years but I also get distracted by everything else :lol:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

Tatooine Skiff01.JPG

Tatooine Skiff02.JPG

Tatooine Skiff06.JPG

Tatooine Skiff03.JPG

Tatooine Skiff04.JPG

Tatooine Skiff05.JPG

Thanks mate for the always so kind words :D

Wow sorry to read about your pc :( what did happen ? I hope they can fix it and that it does not cost much :wink: I can't wait to see your skiff :wink:
Thanks, Lars. OK, the PC is back after having a new power supply fitted and one hard drive rebuilt from its mirrored backup, so I'm all good to go again!... Albeit also a bit poorer than I was this time last week! :lol:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
The Tatooine Skiff! A truly elegant looking craft, in my opinion, and also one of my personal favourites, both as an on-screen vehicle and as a toy... I just wish Kenner had made their version a bit bigger and less flimsy! It's woefully undersized and can barely squeeze in all the figures you're going to want to stand on it, and the rear vanes are an absolute nightmare to keep mint! This is especially true if (as I sadly don't), you have no inner packaging to store it properly. And if you are missing the inner, the best way to store a skiff is actually upside down with the feet retracted! That's certainly how I keep mine when in its box :D

I bought this skiff many years ago and one of the rear vanes had broken and been carelessly reattached with copper wire poked through the circular part of the vane (and I do mean through it!). It looked every bit as bad as it sounds, and so a few years back I bit the bullet and bought a vintage replacement vane I found for sale on eBay, and now my skiff's as good as new! Sadly the same cannot be said for the box, which certainly isn't bad, but is also a long way from being mint. That said, I'm very happy to have one and pleased I can share it with the forum here:

Undersized and Flimsy - 01.jpg

Undersized and Flimsy - 02.jpg

Undersized and Flimsy - 03.jpg

Undersized and Flimsy - 04.jpg

Undersized and Flimsy - 05.jpg

And here's a quick set up I did years ago to see what it looks like with some figures standing on it... And yes, that is toilet paper with felt tip on it for the Weequay Skiff Master's jacket and brown paper for his trousers. And yes, that's also a poorly disguised Rancor Keeper sneaking in behind him ;-):

Undersized and Flimsy - 06.jpg

And for completeness (and if you'll pardon the intrusion of a modern vehicle and figures :eek:), here's the same set up using the modern line for comparison:

Undersized and Flimsy - 07.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom