Looking for eBay member fjp0_5

olisuds

Sith Lord
Hi folks, I'm looking for eBay member fjp0_5

Please let me know if he's on SWFUK. He contacted me via eBay but I need to be careful about sharing my contact details as it has previously led to my account being blocked and being charged fees for ended items :)

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Yes Oli, old eBay seem to b cracking down :!: I recently got band for 7 days for doing a deal outside :roll:

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
palitoyjunky said:
Yes Oli, old eBay seem to b cracking down :!: I recently got band for 7 days for doing a deal outside :roll:

Yep same here, I got told off and banned twice now for 7 days at a time......felt like I was back at school with the telling off message they sent me :lol: :lol: :lol:

lejackal

Grand Master
olisuds said:
Hi folks, I'm looking for eBay member fjp0_5

Please let me know if he's on SWFUK. He contacted me via eBay but I need to be careful about sharing my contact details as it has previously led to my account being blocked and being charged fees for ended items :)
How about I message him/her through eBay and provide your contact details?

olisuds

Sith Lord
palitoyjunky said:

Yeah tell me about it Jon. My account was blocked for a month and couldn't bid or sell or send or receive messages. They also charged me final values fees on 2 items i ended early without any definitive evidence that they actually sold. One instance was for a sodding AFA graded Ree-Yees that I didnt end up selling until sometime later and it had no connection with eBay. The second time was for a kids car seat and the women asked to pay on collection as she wanted to check it over first. Guess i should have declared it was sold and i'd received payment.

Ruby2511 said:
Yep same here, I got told off and banned twice now for 7 days at a time......felt like I was back at school with the telling off message they sent me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Considering how much thev've made out of me over the last 10 years I didn't think they'd take that kind of action. A bit paranoid now about anyone contacting me on eBay asking to end things early :cry:

lejackal said:

Cheers buddy, thats an idea. But these guys seem pretty thorough so I'm not sure I can risk it. Goodness knows what the next punishment will be. They'll probably come round my house to dish out a spanking :lol:

The guy has just seen my post and dropped me a PM so looks like it's ok! 8)

Palifan

Sith Lord
Ah, all's well that ends well :D

One good eBay story was that I won an item yesterday and asked the seller if he'd split a figure out of another another lot he had for auction but didn't sell. I said if he would do that and had had a price in mind that he could post it with the item I'd won from him and he replied to say that he's put the figure in with the item I'd won from him and posted it to me! He said he didn't really know what to ask for the other figure so left it up to me to send him a payment. Sometimes thing s do work out! :D

Ian

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Palifan said:

One good eBay story was that I won an item yesterday and asked the seller if he'd split a figure out of another another lot he had for auction but didn't sell. I said if he would do that and had had a price in mind that he could post it with the item I'd won from him and he replied to say that he's put the figure in with the item I'd won from him and posted it to me! He said he didn't really know what to ask for the other figure so left it up to me to send him a payment. Sometimes thing s do work out! :D

Ian
Wonderful, Karma.

From what I understand ny hint of an email address or phone number sends the eBay police into action.
One way I've heard is to use another character instead of @ for your email address.
Never tried it myself so on your own head be it.

olisuds

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
Palifan said:

Ian
Wonderful, Karma.

From what I understand ny hint of an email address or phone number sends the eBay police into action.
One way I've heard is to use another character instead of @ for your email address.
Never tried it myself so on your own head be it.

Yep thats pretty much it. They only need a hint of something suspicious and they will thoroughly investigate it. And it appears they can take fees even if no proof it actually sold. They have done that to me twice now.

You need to do more than just change the @ in your email address as they recognise most email provider names too. I use to write "at h0tma!l dot c0m"

Another trick is to send them a photo of your email address :lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yes I was going to say an image of my email address always works for me.

subzero

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
Another trick is to send them a photo of your email address :lol:
That's a great idea!

Unfortunately that's actually not a good idea. :lol:

Untitled.png

olisuds

Sith Lord
Busted :lol:

Yeah I don't think they search every picture though unless there is a trigger like mention of an email, phone number or address or ending an item early perhaps. But once you've had a warning they are all over it.

subzero

Sith Lord
olisuds said:
Busted :lol:

Yeah I don't think they search every picture though unless there is a trigger like mention of an email, phone number or address or ending an item early perhaps. But once you've had a warning they are all over it.

Yeah I do think that message is there mainly to scare you, but once you've been collared and you're on the naughty list then you probably get flagged up a lot more.

Taffius

Sith Lord
Ruby2511 said:
palitoyjunky said:

Naughty boy Russ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom