Does this Vader cape look ok..?

skywalker

Jedi Master
Hey Guy's,

It's been a while.! does this cape look ok..? I do not hear a zipping sound and the armholes were really tight could be that the cape has not been removed since the day of purchase I suppose just never seen a hole that tight (Hmmmm) were all grown ups here.. :lol: and there is so much reproduction **** on the market just wanted a second opinion.

Bought from a good seller.

A4UtBeW.jpg

VtEjXev.jpg

YIbHv3m.jpg

faieQGd.jpg

DlyaQl3.jpg

KCLaQUk.jpg

813rD2a.jpg

5wp00HA.jpg

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
This looks like one of the PBP capes illustrated in Javi Ruilopez's great book (most probably pic 7 of the attached below), and if it is that should not zip. The paintwork on the chest also suggests PBP to me. Is the Coo one of the family VI coos marked as PBP/Euro on the following attachment off of Wolff's variant Villain site? If so, I would suggest all good.

Attachments

• A0901E47-38A4-40A9-BBCF-278B2288C99C.jpeg
    A0901E47-38A4-40A9-BBCF-278B2288C99C.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 1,100
  • B0F25EB5-2B34-4499-8268-89561656B30C.jpeg
    B0F25EB5-2B34-4499-8268-89561656B30C.jpeg
    100.1 KB · Views: 1,108

Pomse2001

Grand Master
skywalker said:
Hey Guy's,

It's been a while.! does this cape look ok..? I do not hear a zipping sound and the armholes were really tight could be that the cape has not been removed since the day of purchase I suppose just never seen a hole that tight (Hmmmm) were all grown ups here.. :lol: and there is so much reproduction **** on the market just wanted a second opinion.

Bought from a good seller.

A4UtBeW.jpg

VtEjXev.jpg

YIbHv3m.jpg

faieQGd.jpg

DlyaQl3.jpg

KCLaQUk.jpg

813rD2a.jpg

5wp00HA.jpg

It could help with a picture of the coo then we can maybe tell you more about if it is the correct cape for the figure :wink:

M4K3R1

Padawan
Coo is the PBP blobbed version, cape should have stepped cuts in both lower corners??
Check the light saber as sometimes its the unique mold type.
Edit, never mind, just checked your photos again, its the normal round tip saber.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
M4K3R1 said:
Coo is the PBP blobbed version, cape should have stepped cuts in both lower corners??
Edit, never mind, just checked your photos again, its the normal round tip saber.

You can maybe also help me, looks like I found the same figure last year, but my cape also confuse me :lol: see link http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37343&hilit=id+vader+cape

M4K3R1

Padawan
Pomse2001 said:
M4K3R1 said:

You can maybe also help me, looks like I found the same figure last year, but my cape also confuse me :lol: see link http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37343&hilit=id+vader+cape
Hi Lars, yes your 1st cape is the same as this one, i can see the step cuts on both sides of yours and it has the smooth look on both sides. These are thinner and dont make any zip sound. This is the cape for the Blobbed coo Vader.
Your 2nd cape looks to be the textured version, Does it have any step cut in this cape, i can kind of see it on one side but not very clear. These are thicker and no zip sound. While there are 2 versions of the textured cape, a dull/matt version, and a semi gloss, semi shiny version, there can be very very small difference to the texture.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
M4K3R1 said:
Pomse2001 said:
M4K3R1 said:

Hi Lars, yes your 1st cape is the same as this one, i can see the step cuts on both sides of yours and it has the smooth look on both sides. These are thinner and dont make any zip sound. This is the cape for the Blobbed coo Vader.
Your 2nd cape looks to be the textured version, Does it have any step cut in this cape, i can kind of see it on one side but not very clear. These are thicker and no zip sound. While there are 2 versions of the textured cape, a dull/matt version, and a semi gloss, semi shiny version, there can be very very small difference to the texture.

Thanks. Both capes was bought from the same seller and both figures that came with both capes have the same coo.

Sorry for asking about this but what is step cut in a cape ? :?

M4K3R1

Padawan
The photos show the cuts, look like a step.

Attachments

• DSC_0142.JPG
    DSC_0142.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 932
  • DSC_0143.JPG
    DSC_0143.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 928
  • PBP step in cape roguse and smooth.jpg
    PBP step in cape roguse and smooth.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 925
  • PBP step in cape.jpg
    PBP step in cape.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 927
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom