THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 55 LAUNCHED

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
facebook.jpg

The final episode of the year from the Vintage Rebellion lands with a shorter than usual show (although still longer than most others).

Stuart and Richard are joined by Brit Paul Davis A.K.A. Roundster, for this months main interview where they discuss a whole host of topics including several various focuses Paul has had on his collecting journey.

Richard looks at three stories from the hobby on Rebel Briefings, starting with Diecast and finishing with Vectis with a Battles issue sandwiched inbetween.

The NA is shorter this month but still takes a look at Comb and Keepers, Spanish Man bags, Gumball Machines and bargain loose figures before finishing off with the main topic, with the help of Vintage Alliance member Ron Salvatore, they look at The Ewok Battle Wagon.
Continuing on as always on 'Beyond the Newest Acquisitions' Pete looks at all things non toy related to The Ewok Wagon and other wagons belonging to the hairy bears.

We also take a fond look at the Christmas Farthest From event which was the prefect end to the Star Wars year and Stuart let's fly at two members of the community and a poor Facebook group.

All this plus many other treats on this months TVR.

Enjoy the show!!!

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Can't wait, downloading now.
Thanks for all your hard work this year, it's really appreciated.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
It really is Christmas! Feels like we've been spoilt with another fresh episode so soon. Thanks, lads! :D

Gadders

Padawan
Another excellent episode... and I get a mention this time :-D
Well chuffed.

Merry Christmas lads.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Just started listening to this. My back flared up on Christmas Eve and I was in a bit of pain, a massive grump and not really able to play with my daughter. I started listening to it on my Christmas morning walk and it cheered me up no end. (Well maybe not the Jawa's Outpost rant :lol:) but definitely the Fathest From recap and Jez's input into the quiz. Much better mood for Christmas now. Cheers guys :D

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
Just started listening to this. My back flared up on Christmas Eve and I was in a bit of pain, a massive grump and not really able to play with my daughter. I started listening to it on my Christmas morning walk and it cheered me up no end. (Well maybe not the Jawa's Outpost rant :lol:) but definitely the Fathest From recap and Jez's input into the quiz. Much better mood for Christmas now. Cheers guys :D

Jez' doesn't even take part in the episode and still gets more recognition than the rest of us! He does like to dance the Lambada though :lol: :lol:

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Well done on calling out those who think that ableist slurs are good. Removing the posts defending the most vulnerable people in society and keeping the others is quite possibly the most shocking part. It's the sort of things that go on in groups for people with absurdly angry idiolical opinions.

As someone who has been called a spastic* in the street once ( I must stress once ever, in case anyone afflicted is dissuaded from leaving the house), I commend thee.

*nuerolocal damage has knackered me.

I've just started listening. So anyway, Star Wars...

Jedijut

Padawan
Another fantastic episode lads, definitely helped break up my 12 hour drive home.
Thanks for the mention although the article about the Small wing DV Tie Die Cast was written by Spoons not me. There is a new article about Die Cast variants that you can check out in the same section as the Small Wing DV Tie article :)
Hope everyone had a great Christmas and enjoy your new year.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Another corker! This one kept me well entertained all the way up to the NEC toy fair and back yesterday.Shame it had to start on a negative, Stu, but I completely agree that these sorts of people should be pointed at and shunned.

Great info on the diecast; it's a line I have only dabbled in on the loose front and only when I find a bargain, but great to learn so much. Another great quiz by Steve, I was surprised how much I already new about the Japanese line. :lol: Roll on Episode 56! :D

Chris

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
Wonderful Episode. Especially the FF flashback. Jez' Lambada-fail is going to be legendary.
Also great to listen to Paul, which I had the pleasure to met at Farthest From.
Great Guy ... but he has to work on his taste of beer. :wink:

Also great story about the diecasts - sth. I got in late at the hobby, but love them.
And please never stop doing the quiz - always a highlight for me in every episode.

Hope all you guys enjoyed your Wampa-Poo. :D

spoons

Grand Master
Congratulations TVR another year done and still great content!

Thanks for featuring my website again, even though Justin had nothing to do with the small wing write up; for info the latest 'Featured Articles' are at the end of the tabs. Justin has just written the 'variants' article - a very good read! The small wing TIE write up was the first featured article posted so I can see Rich's confusion.

Really great to hear Roundster's story, I love hearing how collectors/collections have changed over the years, and Gus's talk at FF was similar in that respect. Kudos to Paul too for discussing his illness - a brave man and its great that more and more mental health/well being is considered like any other illness these days. It makes it all the more sad that Stu had to start the podcast talking about some really ignorant people. Glad that FB group was well off my radar.

Kudos too to Edd for the friendships made through this forum

Keep up the great work

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
Just finished listening to Paul's interview and a thoroughly enjoyable listen it was.

As someone who has suffered with depression and anxiety in the past and still to this day it was interesting to hear him talk about it so openly. I had a really bad spell in the first six months of last year - only my wife really knew. It was getting to know a few people on here and events which I attended which helped my road to recovery immensely. Anyway, apologies for jabbering on.

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
No jabbering on there Simon. Thanks for the kind words about the interview mate and am glad to have helped in some small way!
Always lots of people to speak to on here!! See you at the next so-westers night out!!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Only just got round to listening, about half way through. Really shocked to hear the extent of the Jawa's Outpost attacks, as mentioned before I have unfollowed most FB groups so didn't see any of that. I have left the group and I think you were brave for calling them out Stu, regardless of personal disagreements or 'beef' between groups bullying is completely unacceptable and should not be tolerated.

I also had no idea about the Battles 'scam', but really I have no sympathy for anybody in that group as it was bound to end in tears. Gambling and raffles are licensed for a reason, it's far too easy to get conned otherwise. I don't really see what the winner can complain about anyway, even if everything in the set was fake it's probably worth more than the tickets they bought.

Will comment on the rest when I've finished listening :)

Taffius

Sith Lord
Many congratulations to the team at TVR for making a Top 10 rated podcast. Well deserved:
https://www.facebook.com/100136786801077/posts/1217188421762569/

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Saw this on FB last night, this is hugely deserved.
This recognition reflects the hard work that all you guys (past and present) put into every podcast and it obviously shows.
I know that I'm not speaking just for myself but this is very much appreciated as I look forward to every new release.
Congratulations
Nick

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom