Claiming charges back from customs

phreatobite

Jedi Master
Has anyone had any joy claiming back customs charges on figures from the US, and what did you put on the form?

I'm putting in a claim but not sure what to say in the details.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
if the parcel you got had the correct import tax commodity code on the outer & they are sealed in packaging you should only be liable for 5% import tax & can claim back the remaining 15%.

I have had to do it before, right pain in the ass though

Frunkstar

Grand Master
From one of my previous postings about this -

"Hope this will help you, I just cut & paste this from an earlier post I did some time back -

Right after a rather contrived call to HMRC I have had success! :D

If importing SW toys & they confirm to the below criteria they will qualify for the 5% import tax bracket -

Must be -

30 years old
In original packaging :?
& no longer in production

If so you can add this to your parcel & (in theory & with an insane amount of luck) you will only get charged the lower Tax bracket of 5%

commodity code 9705000090

Failing this & they do charge you, you WILL qualify to make a claim for the over tax via claim form BOR286 which you can download & print @ - http://www.hmrc.gov.uk

I hope this will help others out & that I get my monies back, about bloody time for a victory for us collectors Vs the customs."

Frunkstar

Grand Master
FYI I gave up trying to use the code as they just totally ignore it & charge you the full 20% every dam time & you have to make a claim so now I just have stuff sent marked as below & run the gauntlet -

Low value - $15
Gift
plastic toy(s)

I had one parcel sent to me with the code written in 2" high red letters in bold marker pen on all 6 sides of the box to be sure they see it, they still just totally ignored it, waste of ****ing time, took me 2 weeks to get that dam code out of them too.

Taffius

Sith Lord
Just recently been stung with VAT and handling fee for £17.50 for some (modern) figures totalling roughly £28!

Claim being submitted but they account for cost of postage too!

subzero

Sith Lord
Frunkstar said:
Now I just have stuff sent marked as below & run the gauntlet -

Low value - $15
Gift
plastic toy(s)

Exactly what I do now every time, if a seller doesn't agree to it before I bid/buy then I won't buy it. **** paying VAT, we pay enough crushing taxes in every other aspect of life as it is.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom