Stay on Target - 2019 collecting hopes and dreams

lejackal

Grand Master
2019 is almost upon us, there'll hopefully be Stuarts excellent figure of the year, Lars will be running the inaugural toy of the year for vehicles and playsets, Celebration heads to Chicago and the final instalment of the Skywalker saga is due to land in cinemas.

It's an exciting time to be a fan so what are you most looking forward to, what are your collecting goals for the year to come?

Personally I'm just hoping to maintain a small display, maybe get a Graflex and who knows, this could be the year of the Trilogo Threepio.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
These were mine last year:

edd_jedi said:
1) More Palitoy Jedi MOCs
2) Trilogo Madine
3) Find at least a couple of the remaining 70b/70c trilogos I need, but they are getting rarer and more expensive now
4) Would still like a MISB Snowspeeder

I managed to stay reasonably focused. No Madine, but I did finish my 70b/70c trilogo run (well a Nikto cardback will do.) I have also got a few more Palitoy MOCs for my trilogo bubble run but still no MISB Snowspeeder. So, my new 2019s goals:

1) MISB Snowspeeder! Somebody help me :lol:
2) More Palitoy Jedi w/ trilogo bubble MOCs - would really love to find Luke X-Wing, Han Bespin, and R5-D4 next year
3) Luke 12 back (got him on every other card now so would like to complete the run)
4) MISB Palitoy AT-ST (Hoth scene)
5) IG-88 baggie to complete my ESB set

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
My collecting goal for 2019 is to get things that help me 'complete' my childhood collection

This could mean replacing the rocket that I lost off my brothers 12" boba fett, or getting the missing bits needed to re complete my childhood cantina playset or droid factory.

Or finding items from Goldie toys in Coventry - either items with price stickers or a stamped poster etc
Let me know if you see anything with Goldie on it please

Getting some opened baggies/boxes to 're complete' my childhood mail away figures and survival kit etc.

I'd also like a few more vintage UK items to kit out my 19070s VW camper van, so far i've got an 'I've seen star wars' sticker, plus some plastic drink cups. I only want items that can be removed and or that are well used as i intend to actually use the vintage items - so no stuff in sealed boxes. So used kites/frisbee etc

poncho

Grand Master
2018 marked my 20th year of collecting vintage starwars. i picked up a couple of loose variants and the odd bit here and there but thats about it. i intended to catalogue and value my loose collection im a 1/4 of the way through. ive grown a little tired of collecting truth be told hence why ive bought very little.

i get more enjoyment out of seeing what other people have bought and seeing new finds and new info about the hobby like the palitoy hard copy find!

as for 2019

well im getting married :) she is amazing and is very understanding of my need to buy childhood tat as she know it makes me happy.

collecting wise il probably sell some bits to fund new collecting avenues/hobbies probably my cardbacks as there just sat there gathering dust. ive also got 3 or 4 vintage custom figures im thinking of constructing from beaters. im hoping to find more vintage starwars 'in the wild' as they say from none collectors from boot sales/shops etc. i got such as buzz finding some awesome stuff this year from random places

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
My goals for 2018
1. More in the Spanish line
2. Molded Face Luke Jedi
3. Blue Snaggletooth
4. MIB Landpeeder
5. My first 20/21 Back
6. MIB Slave 1
7. VCJ (very unlikely)
Well looking back I had a pretty successful year collecting wise and picked up all my wish list items except the MIB Slave 1. 2018 also saw me start a small focus on Yoda to go with my 20/21 back run. I think apart from more of the same a couple of my collecting goals for 2019 will be to get up to my first Echo on May 4th and down to my first Farthest From in August to hopefully meet a few of you guys.

My goals for 2019
1. More 20/21 backs
2. More from the Spanish line
3. Molded Legs Han Hoth, Painted Torso Leia Boushh and Painted Face General Madine :lol:
4. Lili Ledy or POCH Yoda
5. MIB Slave 1
6. MIB Imperial Troop Transporter
7. MIB Creature Cantina Action Playset

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Goals for 2018 were:-
1. Continue the Kenner debut run, getting harder and harder to find them for a sensible price.
2. Collect as many Trilogo card backs as I can.
3. Kenner ESB MOC Stormtrooper.

The Kenner debut run is ticking along nicely. Got about 8 this year including some 31-A's but slowed down on the Trilogo card backs and the ESB Stormtrooper still hasn't happened.

As for 2019 really hope to take a chunk out of the Kenner debut run, I'm two thirds of the way through and if I could get a dozen more I will be very happy. Also hope to collect anything Hoth Rebel Soldier and get some of my boxed vehicles in acrylic and on display.

spoons

Grand Master
I didnt have that productive a year compared to the previous one

spoons said:
I did all right last year and got my three main targets, a Han Hoth offerless 48 back, a Palitoy die cast X-Wing MOC and a small wing DV TIE on a TIE card

I dont plan to add too much this year

1. Some pre-prod die cast would be nice.
2. One or more of the micro collection wampa cave, carbonite set and death star compactor, boxed with inserts.
3. Another SW character on an ESB card

I got my pre-prod die cast within a month and didn't get any of the rest.

I'll repeat 2 and 3 and add find some TIE bomber wings

1. Find two TIE bomber wings
2. The micro collection wampa cave
3. Another SW character on an ESB card

Taffius

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
2019 is almost upon us, there'll hopefully be Stuarts excellent figure of the year, Lars will be running the inaugural toy of the year for vehicles and playsets, Celebration heads to Chicago and the final instalment of the Skywalker saga is due to land in cinemas.

It's an exciting time to be a fan so
what are you most looking forward to,what are your collecting goals for the year to come?

Was looking forward to Echo Live VII but cannot make it now so collecting goals are increasing my loose numbers and Jawas. :D

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
2018 has been a pretty decent year for collecting and I have found some lovely pieces and have enjoyed every minute of tracking stuff down, as well as receiving some lovely gifts from the kids and the missus 8)

My goal is to carry on finding some more lovely bargains in 2019.

1. Maybe pick up a rancor and keeper.
2. Pick up a Slave 1.
3. Build an Endor diorama ??? Work permitting.

Good luck guys with your goals :D

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Ok, so let's have a look at last years post:

Mr-shifter said:
From last years thread:

But what about 2018. Well my goals for the coming year are

One new foreign moc.
One new miscard.
One new speeder bike.

They are getting tougher now, but a simple repeat of last year and I will be well pleased.

So. One new foreign moc........well, sometimes you run good :)

4F65FC42-4399-4E3A-B245-B3109B07C772.jpeg

3F45275E-C1CD-4BBE-AF7C-843D1DBBD88B.jpeg

FB161BCC-CC7C-43AE-BDB0-3F1058D8D228.jpeg

One new miscard........

B382201D-AB46-4AD6-85B0-821C847881FA.jpeg

And one new speeder bike...... well I got 2 Macao bikes, because I can't say no. But the peach is the instruction manual, basically a foreign variant bike all by itself.

56C15BB3-D9EA-4771-8DEA-1BA24F677B07.jpeg

274D0ADC-5A17-49C4-BA7C-0188D8D93052.jpeg

So next years goals. Well, this is getting really hard, and I don't think I will do it this year, but let's say:

One new foreign moc.
One new miscard.
One new speeder bike.

Maybe, or perhaps I will have to find something else to collect!!

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
2018's goals were to:
1. Complete my last 17 POTF run (Anakin TL and a loose Yak, as these were never going to happen on POTF cards!
This was completed mid year and really set me thinking about "run" collecting, see 2019 goals.
2. Add a few more cheap first 20 Palitoy reseals or damaged cards.
Added two thanks to Forum members, but these have become harder to get as they have become very popular! :(
3. Complete an Bespin character run on offerless ESB Kenner cards.
Added a few with help from Cazza again 8) , 3 left to get Han, Lando and C3PO.
4. Complete a Bounty Hunter run on offerless Kenner cards.
Only Dengar and Zuckass to get, will happen just not a priority.

2019 goals have become a lot easier as a few months ago I had an epiphany! :roll: and have seen the future and am giving up collecting runs and anything else because "it fits with other items".
I just don't see the point in collecting figures that I don't like because they are needed to complete a run.
This is what happened once I had completed the last 17 run, I looked at it and thought that there were MOCs there that did nothing for me, so why had I bought them?
Hence my for sale thread, from now on I'm only buying an item if I like it, it really is liberating.
I urge others to give it a go.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Mini99 said:
2018's goals were to:
1. Complete my last 17 POTF run (Anakin TL and a loose Yak, as these were never going to happen on POTF cards!
This was completed mid year and really set me thinking about "run" collecting, see 2019 goals.
2. Add a few more cheap first 20 Palitoy reseals or damaged cards.
Added two thanks to Forum members, but these have become harder to get as they have become very popular! :(
3. Complete an Bespin character run on offerless ESB Kenner cards.
Added a few with help from Cazza again 8) , 3 left to get Han, Lando and C3PO.
4. Complete a Bounty Hunter run on offerless Kenner cards.
Only Dengar and Zuckass to get, will happen just not a priority.

2019 goals have become a lot easier as a few months ago I had an epiphany! :roll: and have seen the future and am giving up collecting runs and anything else because "it fits with other items".
I just don't see the point in collecting figures that I don't like because they are needed to complete a run.
This is what happened once I had completed the last 17 run, I looked at it and thought that there were MOCs there that did nothing for me, so why had I bought them?
Hence my for sale thread, from now on I'm only buying an item if I like it, it really is liberating.
I urge others to give it a go.

I'm with you, Nick. I came to the same conclusion about the same time this year. I'm have a lot more fun collecting the items that really appeal to me on a purely nostalgic and/or visual level. And that includes dipping into some other vintage lines outside of Star Wars.

My original plan was to complete a MOC run of every figure on a Kenner movie appropriate card. But when I got to the point that everything left was more than I was prepared to spend I asked myself why am I collecting this way. Case in point was an absolute steal at FF this weekend, a case fresh Pali 65 Logray with acrylic case for £35. I love me some teddy MOCs. :lol:

My 2019 goals are to continue enjoying collecting and not worry about runs and such (not saying that's a bad thing, it's just I've realised it's not for me).

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Looks like people have done pretty well this year 8) Glad to help, Nick!

I started off slowly and was losing the love big time. Couldn't seem to find even the simple, common stuff and everything's getting so expensive. Eventually turned the corner though and found some pieces I've been after for ages 8) Have actually sold quite a lot this year as well- cleared out a lot of the bits that aren't essential to my childhood focus.

Palitoy competition leaflet
Tusken Raider face mask (+ all the other masks in the set!)
SW TV Times
Palitoy ESB Leia Hoth MOC

Main aims for this year: sort out my display room- it's in a right mess and I've been in a bit of a stalemate with it for the past year!
ESB Dairylea Box
Cliro R2 Bubble Bath
Palitoy DSD MOC/Reseal
Pop up saber :lol:

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
I stepped back into vintage earlier this year with the sole aim of completing my loose run and digging out my 6 or 7 MOCS that we're in my loft. I wasn't interested in MOCS or boxed/MISB vehicles. I now have 30 MOCS sat on display and a few small MISB bits!!!

My aims for 2019 are more ROTJ carded MOCS especially a Han and Luke Bespin. like Ed I'd love a MISB Snowspeeder. I'd also be happy with a MISB Tie Interceptor as well. I'm quite keen on getting some more mini rigs too.

I'm also hoping to negotiate with SWMBO into getting another display unit set up :?

My biggest achievement in my eyes is getting more involved with the community. It's early doors but I've started to get to know people and have made some good freinds on the way - they may disagree with that comment mind!?

Many thanks to the guys in South Westers collectors club. Here's to more meet ups in 2019!!!

reddogblues

Padawan
I got some very nice pieces that I am happy with - mostly, boxed ESB Han Laser Pistol, Micro Collection X Wing and Luke 12 back.

For 2019, specific goals:

Any MOC or cardback with "Redgates" price sticker
Han, Sand People and 3PO 12 backs to complete my run
Luke ESB boxed Palitoy Laser/Blaster Pistol

Richard_H

Grand Master
Here was 2018 goals:

1. 12" loose collection complete even if I have to drive down to Stu's and rip his whole house apart looking for my Ben saber

Completed the whole lot except for the Ben saber which is still at Stu's house and 4 years and counting

2. Orange Topps cards and 3PO boner card but all at a price I'm willing to pay

Nope, nothing on this one

3. Loose A-Wing complete to complete all ships

Wow, just got this in the last few hours

4. Loose Imperial Sniper to complete all mini-rigs

Completed this

5. Loose Cloud City Playset to (I think) complete all of the cardboard playsets.

Nope, nothing on this one

If I'm really lucky I'll get the Palitoy Cantina (with the bloody doors), Palitoy Droids Factory and the missing piece from my Jabba Dungeon.

Nope, nothing on these either

However, I got some awesome pieces in 2018 including a 3 pack and some lovely R5 items so I can't complain.

Goals for 2019:

To complete:

12" collection by getting that smegging saber from smeggity smeg face
Dixie Cups
Sigma mugs (5 to go)
Two R5 cards
Orange and Green Topps trading cards
That stupid little piece from the Jabba Dungeon
Cloud City Playset

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I've had a really bad year and although I haven't been thinking that much about collecting I have managed to add some loose last 17 and a few other bits. I've been mostly selling things. What I will say is my collection and the forum have been good for me during dark times and given me something to smile about. I thank you all for that.

Next year I'll be chuffed if I can just finally complete my loose set. I'm only four away, but the R2 might be tricky..! The main thing I want to do next year is a loft conversion I'm doing myself. It'll be a big mancave/games/collection room where I can stick all my crap and hang out and play video games etc. I'll have loads more display space up there and at that point I'll rethink my collection and display.

coomber75

Sith Lord
pretty good year for me, simmilar was going for complete moc run then realised tyere were some i just didnt like so swapped to die cast, jawas and sw backs, sold a fair bit but have a few goals for next year
mib tie bomber
loose tie bomber (already have the stand from ian waiting!!)
space bear cap, was hoping to get the one off the guy who asked for valuation here but jo luck :(
leia sw back
greedo sw back
more jawas!!!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Things have changed so I have not bought so much in 2018. We are trying to save money to buy a house.

My goals, hopes and dreams for 2018 was

1. To complete my uk marvel collection. Thanks to you guys on the forum and santa, I completed that part of my collection :D
2. Vinyl Cape Jawa. No :(
3. Kenner Death Star playset with box. No :(
4. Sonic Controlled Landspeeder with box. No :(
5. More moc, cardbacks and boxes with danish price stickers on them for my danish focus. I got a few cardbacks and boxes :D
6. A POCH cardback. No :(
7. A Toltoys cardback. No :(
8. Barada with no coo 1984. No :(
9. Backdrop for the Hero Set. No :(
10. Radio Controlled R2D2 with box. No :(

My goal for 2019 is

1. A few more moc.
2. Vinyl Cape Jawa.
3. Kenner Death Star playset with box.
4. Sonic Controlled Landspeeder with box.
5. More moc, cardbacks and boxes with danish price stickers on them for my danish focus.
6. A POCH cardback.
7. A Toltoys cardback.
8. Barada with no coo 1984.
9. Backdrop for the Hero Set.
10. Radio Controlled R2D2 with box.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom