127.2 KB · Views: 1,592
  • 7F3F620B-30EC-4020-AF65-77115AC8A5AD.jpeg
    7F3F620B-30EC-4020-AF65-77115AC8A5AD.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 1,598

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Hammer time, eh Lars?

I have vivid memories of many Star Wars figures from my childhood, and I can actually remember buying Hammerhead and his fellow Palitoy 20 backs more clearly than I do the 12 backs... Well, I would have been a few months older!... Nearly 7, as opposed to 6 ;-).

I loved the Hammerhead wave of figures, even if Kenner's colour choices for the Cantina aliens was somewhat bizarre! How could they show the character wearing a brown top with short sleeves on the card, yet produce a figure wearing a bright blue leotard?!

Anyway, here's my selection. First up, another reseal, I'm afraid:

Great White 01.jpg

And then 5 loose variants. I've tried to capture the colour differences in the blues and browns, but my camera flash tends to make them look more alike than they do in hand.

From left to right:

Shiny dark brown smooth skin, light blue torso, light brown neck, eyes left, Made in Hong Kong.

Matte light brown smooth skin, dark blue torso, light brown neck, eyes right, PBP 'G' only scar.

Matte light brown smooth skin, dark blue torso, light brown neck, eyes straight and up, PBP (I think!) full scar.

Matte light brown smooth skin, dark blue torso, light brown neck, eyes straight and down, PBP 'G' only scar.

Shiny dark brown textured skin, turquoise blue torso, dark brown neck, eyes left, Made in Hong Kong

Tiger 02.jpg

Bull 03.jpg

And especially for Lars, the COO's :):

Basking 04.jpg

Whale 05.jpg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Fantastic Palitoy Hammerhead, what an incredible restoration job you've done with that!
And then a small army of Heads, even if they all do look similar to me. 8)

A great selection as always Apack, we can always rely on you.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Fantastic Palitoy Hammerhead, what an incredible restoration job you've done with that!
And then a small army of Heads, even if they all do look similar to me. 8)

A great selection as always Apack, we can always rely on you.

TheJabbaWookie said:
Nice collections guys. I'll try and post mine tomorrow

Thanks, both of you :)

However on this occasion, I cannot take the credit for the reseal, as this is how I bought it. Whoever did it, did a fine job though!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
apack7229 said:
Here's mine.

wow what a nice and huge hammerhead army you have and also some nice cut cardbacks 8)

thanks mate for sharing them.

Any special variants between them ? :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Hammer time, eh Lars?

I have vivid memories of many Star Wars figures from my childhood, and I can actually remember buying Hammerhead and his fellow Palitoy 20 backs more clearly than I do the 12 backs... Well, I would have been a few months older!... Nearly 7, as opposed to 6 ;-).

I loved the Hammerhead wave of figures, even if Kenner's colour choices for the Cantina aliens was somewhat bizarre! How could they show the character wearing a brown top with short sleeves on the card, yet produce a figure wearing a bright blue leotard?!

Anyway, here's my selection. First up, another reseal, I'm afraid:

Great White 01.jpg
And then 5 loose variants. I've tried to capture the colour differences in the blues and browns, but my camera flash tends to make them look more alike than they do in hand.

From left to right:

Shiny dark brown smooth skin, light blue torso, light brown neck, eyes left, Made in Hong Kong.

Matte light brown smooth skin, dark blue torso, light brown neck, eyes right, PBP 'G' only scar.

Matte light brown smooth skin, dark blue torso, light brown neck, eyes straight and up, PBP (I think!) full scar.

Matte light brown smooth skin, dark blue torso, light brown neck, eyes straight and down, PBP 'G' only scar.

Shiny dark brown textured skin, turquoise blue torso, dark brown neck, eyes left, Made in Hong Kong

Tiger 02.jpg

Bull 03.jpg
And especially for Lars, the COO's :):

Basking 04.jpg

Whale 05.jpg

Cool that you have such childhood memories 8) I did not have any hammerhead when I was a kid :( Awesome collection you have of variants and that palitoy resealed card 8) thanks for sharing them and also thanks for the special coo pictures :lol: :wink: I also have problems with camera flash so I do not use it, I try to use sunlight when there is some sun :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Cool figure, here's my 20 Back-D. This was the first 20 Back I brought. :D

image.jpg

wow it looks fantastic, what a beauty, thanks for sharing the first moc in this thread :wink: 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
here are my collection of hammerhead, not a figure I had when I was a kid. I also did not remember him from the toy stores :(

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.JPG

06.JPG

07.JPG

08.JPG

09.JPG

10.JPG

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
and here are my variants

P1170680.JPG

P1170681.JPG

P1170682.JPG
Another great collection of figures and cards, Lars. I particularly like the middle figure in the middle photo above, with the eyes looking upwards :)

Thanks for sharing.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
and here are my variants

P1170680.JPG

P1170681.JPG

P1170682.JPG
Another great collection of figures and cards, Lars. I particularly like the middle figure in the middle photo above, with the eyes looking upwards :)

Thanks for sharing.
He's probably thinking....."varients!!!" :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
and here are my variants

P1170680.JPG

P1170681.JPG

P1170682.JPG

Thanks for sharing.

thanks mate, yes I love that figure with upwards looking eyes :lol: I love the eye variation on some of the hammerhead figures :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom