Newbie questions about grading and storage please

ramman72

Youngling
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but after finally getting my vintage figures from my parents loft, I could do with some help please...

I have a loose vinyl cape Jawa that I bought on holiday in Wales when I was a kid (for about £1.50 I think?!) IMO he's in great condition and I think I've matched up the original blaster.

Could anyone recommend what I need to do to get him authenticated/graded in the UK please? Also what is the best way to store so he stays nicely protected?

If anyone would like to see pics of him and other figures I have, I can try and get some uploaded.

Thanks in advance :)

Ram

Robstyley

Sith Lord
If you want to get it graded there are three main companies - UKG (UK based) and AFA and CAS (US based). They will seal it in an acrylic case and give it a grade - their opinion of the condition and with a VCJ maybe a Certificate of authenticity too. Or you could put it in an acrylic or similar case yourself, one where it can be removed. If you just want to store it a small ziplock bag is fine. Keep it out of direct sunlight.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Hi and congratulations on finding all your old toys, and the VCJ. Are you planning on selling it?

ramman72

Youngling
Robstyley said:
If you want to get it graded there are three main companies - UKG (UK based) and AFA and CAS (US based). They will seal it in an acrylic case and give it a grade - their opinion of the condition and with a VCJ maybe a Certificate of authenticity too. Or you could put it in an acrylic or similar case yourself, one where it can be removed. If you just want to store it a small ziplock bag is fine. Keep it out of direct sunlight.

Sorry for the delayed reply Rob, thanks very much for the info! I will look into the UKG option I think, I'm a bit nervous about having to send him by post, maybe a courier would be needed. Until then I will order some acrylic cases and get him stored properly. Many thanks again for your help :)

ramman72

Youngling
Darkest_Logic said:
I think the vinyl cape Jawa should be sent back to me in Wales :lol:

:lol: I'll take him there on holiday again sometime Darkest :lol: still remember the shop I got him from, Clarice's in Tenby :)

ramman72

Youngling
theforceuk said:
Hi and congratulations on finding all your old toys, and the VCJ. Are you planning on selling it?

Thanks theforceuk, had a great time going through all of them, there may be others that are valuable I need to look into it more, I have an original obi wan so I think that may be..

I'm not sure on selling the VCJ yet, want to try and gauge his value a bit more. Would be reluctant to sell any of them really, as they hold lots of memories. Rest assured if I do decide to sell I'd let you guys on here know first :)

Darkest_Logic

Jedi Knight
ramman72 said:
Darkest_Logic said:
I think the vinyl cape Jawa should be sent back to me in Wales :lol:

:lol: I'll take him there on holiday again sometime Darkest :lol: still remember the shop I got him from, Clarice's in Tenby :)

cool, I have been to that shop a good few times :D

jayums

Jedi Master
I know I'm a right nosey bar steward, but if you get a chance to post some pics it would be cool to see what turned up in your loft. charity shops, Car boots and loft finds - The holy trinity!

ramman72

Youngling
jayums said:
I know I'm a right nosey bar steward, but if you get a chance to post some pics it would be cool to see what turned up in your loft. charity shops, Car boots and loft finds - The holy trinity!

Thanks for the reply jayums, no it's not nosey at all, that's what we're here for :) I'd love to share some pics of them, so I'll take some and get uploaded later in the week, is attaching to this thread the best way/place or should I do somewhere else?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
ramman72 said:
theforceuk said:

Thanks theforceuk, had a great time going through all of them, there may be others that are valuable I need to look into it more, I have an original obi wan so I think that may be..

I'm not sure on selling the VCJ yet, want to try and gauge his value a bit more. Would be reluctant to sell any of them really, as they hold lots of memories. Rest assured if I do decide to sell I'd let you guys on here know first :)

I bet it was fun looking for them! Unless your selling the VC Jawa I wouldn't rush into getting it graded, that's just my advice though. Do what makes you happy. Will be cool to see anything else you find.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom