SWTOTW, Week 48, 2018, Part 2/2 Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship:

Slave.jpg

spoons

Grand Master
One of my favourites - bought this of curry monster at FF a couple years ago.

Slave1_14.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Here's mine. I never owned a Slave 1 as a child, but always wanted one. I was very envious of my friend who owned both this and an AT-AT (another thing I didn't have), and I've always liked it, even if it's not actually a very accurate representation of Boba Fett's ship. Kenner famously played fast and loose with the proportions and scale of the ships they made for the Star Wars trilogy, and they usually came up trumps with a great compromise between scale and look for a toy that had to be used with the action figures. The Millennium Falcon is a triumph in this regard (even though I always felt the inside was a bit of a con, since they only let you play in half the available space! :cry: ), however Slave 1, if you compare it to the actual movie ship, is IMHO one of Kenner's weaker efforts. That said, I still really like it, and I think the box art is beautiful! :)

Slave 01.jpg

Slave 02.jpg

Slave 03.jpg

Slave 04.jpg

apack7229

Sith Lord
Here's the two that I have.

Attachments

• F334E607-6E2B-4FB7-AB8F-652B2BD428C6.jpeg
    F334E607-6E2B-4FB7-AB8F-652B2BD428C6.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,354
  • 1723CF82-D9C5-45F4-A6B1-E65965D49E1D.jpeg
    1723CF82-D9C5-45F4-A6B1-E65965D49E1D.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,355

apack7229

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
I'm glad to see at least some of your massive Fett army has transport! :-D

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks. :) I'd probably have to live in a box if I had to have a ship for each Fett. :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:
One of my favourites - bought this of curry monster at FF a couple years ago.

Slave1_14.jpg

thanks andy for sharing the pictures, it looks fantastic, I love that palitoy box, awesome 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Used to have one of these 'til I was forced to sell up when moving in with my ex in 2006. It's high on my wish list for 2019. Nice example Andy.

sorry mate to read you had to sell the one you had. I hope you get a new one in 2019 :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Here's mine. I never owned a Slave 1 as a child, but always wanted one. I was very envious of my friend who owned both this and an AT-AT (another thing I didn't have), and I've always liked it, even if it's not actually a very accurate representation of Boba Fett's ship. Kenner famously played fast and loose with the proportions and scale of the ships they made for the Star Wars trilogy, and they usually came up trumps with a great compromise between scale and look for a toy that had to be used with the action figures. The Millennium Falcon is a triumph in this regard (even though I always felt the inside was a bit of a con, since they only let you play in half the available space! :cry: ), however Slave 1, if you compare it to the actual movie ship, is IMHO one of Kenner's weaker efforts. That said, I still really like it, and I think the box art is beautiful! :)

Slave 01.jpg

Slave 02.jpg

Slave 03.jpg

Slave 04.jpg

I also never had a slave one when I was a kid. But when I got older I bought one for myself :lol: I never knew any kids that had one. Even as I knew and played with a kid who had a huge lot of star wars toy in the good old 80s.

Great to see another beautiful palitoy box, thanks for sharing it mate 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I do not have any slave one palitoy box as all of you. But I have some other boxes. But I would love to have a palitoy box 8)

My kenner box

Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship 08.JPG

Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship 07.JPG

Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship 09.JPG

Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship 10.JPG

My Euro Bi-logo box

P1130480_zps5cbtb9dg.jpg

Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship 12.JPG

Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship 14.JPG

Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship 13.JPG

and my slave one special offer action play setting, I am still missing the box :(

Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship 01.JPG

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
I do not have any slave one palitoy box as all of you. But I have some other boxes. But I would love to have a palitoy box 8)

My kenner box

Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship 08.JPG

Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship 07.JPG

Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship 09.JPG

Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship 10.JPG

My Euro Bi-logo box

P1130480_zps5cbtb9dg.jpg

Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship 12.JPG

Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship 14.JPG

Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship 13.JPG

and my slave one special offer action play setting, I am still missing the box :(

Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship 01.JPG
Yet another fine collection from you, Lars! Great to see a Kenner ESB box on this thread, and a good Euro Bi-logo box too :)

Regarding the relative abundance of Palitoy ESB boxes, it certainly seems to have been both a popular toy at the time, but also came in a small enough box that it wasn't massively inconvenient to keep (unlike the AT-AT's, for example), but was also a tough enough box that it helped it survive better than most vintage boxes down the years.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom