Issue with a purchase on ebay!

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Hi this is really annoying, I purchased some figures recently and the payment is still saying pending. I contacted the seller and they got back fine but it seems their email is incorrect. The worse part is I used my nectar points and discount code so worried if I need to pay again won't be able to. Also its a job lot with rare figure in so don't want to loose it!

subzero

Sith Lord
StarWarsFan said:
Hi this is really annoying, I purchased some figures recently and the payment is still saying pending. I contacted the seller and they got back fine but it seems their email is incorrect. The worse part is I used my nectar points and discount code so worried if I need to pay again won't be able to. Also its a job lot with rare figure in so don't want to loose it!

Iv'e had this happen a few times when iv'e bought something, I had to cancel the transaction and buy it again after they changed to their correct email address.

Unfortunately though I don't know how nectar points works but will there be anything in the nectar terms and conditions about cancelled ebay purchases?, surely you must get those points back. :?

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
subzero said:
StarWarsFan said:

Iv'e had this happen a few times when iv'e bought something, I had to cancel the transaction and buy it again after they changed to their correct email address.

Unfortunately though I don't know how nectar points works but will there be anything in the nectar terms and conditions about cancelled ebay purchases?, surely you must get those points back. :?

Yep its annoying could I have your honest opinion please:

Attachments

• s-l1600-3.jpg
    s-l1600-3.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 881

subzero

Sith Lord
StarWarsFan said:
subzero said:
StarWarsFan said:

I don't know about anyone else on here but i think that's a fake VCJ, the colour doesn't look right and also the shape of the collar.

I could be wrong and maybe it's just the lighting in the photo, but closer more detailed images would be better.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
subzero said:
StarWarsFan said:
subzero said:

I don't know about anyone else on here but i think that's a fake VCJ, the colour doesn't look right and also the shape of the collar.

I could be wrong and maybe it's just the lighting in the photo, but closer more detailed images would be better.

Attachments

• s-l1600-1.jpg
    s-l1600-1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 870
  • s-l1600-2.jpg
    s-l1600-2.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 867
  • s-l1600-3.jpg
    s-l1600-3.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 865
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 864

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Do these help like I said this is the purchase getting worried now.

Attachments

• s-l1600-1.jpg
    s-l1600-1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 864
  • s-l1600-3.jpg
    s-l1600-3.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 865
  • s-l1600-2.jpg
    s-l1600-2.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 866
  • s-l1600-4.jpg
    s-l1600-4.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 866
  • s-l1600-5.jpg
    s-l1600-5.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 866
  • s-l1600-6.jpg
    s-l1600-6.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 864
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 864

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
StarWarsFan said:
subzero said:
StarWarsFan said:

Sorry to hear about your problems, but since you asked for honest opinions, here's mine.

Firstly, sadly the vinyl caped Jawa cape is a fake. It should be exactly the same shade of brown as the figure, and this one isn't, so assuming that's the rare figure you are referring to, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Secondly however, whatever you paid, eBay should refund in full if the transaction gets cancelled for any reason (which you may perhaps want, since the VCJ is not want you'd want it to be?). And if you paid partially or wholly with vouchers, you should be reissued with new ones. However, if you encounter any problems, contact eBay's customer services team and politely explain the situation, and you will get your money back.

Good luck.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
StarWarsFan said:
subzero said:

Sorry to hear about your problems, but since you asked for honest opinions, here's mine.

Firstly, sadly the vinyl caped Jawa cape is a fake. It should be exactly the same shade of brown as the figure, and this one isn't, so assuming that's the rare figure you are referring to, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Secondly however, whatever you paid, eBay should refund in full if the transaction gets cancelled for any reason (which you may perhaps want, since the VCJ is not want you'd want it to be?). And if you paid partially or wholly with vouchers, you should be reissued with new ones. However, if you encounter any problems, contact eBay's customer services team and politely explain the situation, and you will get your money back.

Good luck.

Thanks oh ****!! In the end I sent the discounted amount via PayPal paying for goods does that offer protection.

Taffius

Sith Lord
subzero said:

I suspected the VCJ is fake too on colour, material and length from these photos.

Taffius

Sith Lord
StarWarsFan said:
Thanks oh ****!! In the end I sent the discounted amount via PayPal paying for goods does that offer protection.

Yep. Goods and services will count if he claimed it real. Depends on how he described item. You should be good with protection.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Agreed. If everything was described as being original, you have a copper-bottomed case for returning the figures for a full refund anyway. However, even if they weren't described that way, unless the Jawa cape was specifically described as not being real, I'd say you still have a case for starting a return claim through eBay on the grounds that when you received the items, it became apparent the cape was fake. Clearly the cape is where the value is and that's why you bid in the first place. Had you known it was fake, you wouldn't have bid. Simple as that.

And as for PayPal payments for eBay purchases being protected, yes they absolutely are. If the seller accepts the return, or if they give you any hassle and eBay side with you (which they almost certainly will), you will get your money back.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Agreed. If everything was described as being original, you have a copper-bottomed case for returning the figures for a full refund anyway. However, even if they weren't described that way, unless the Jawa cape was specifically described as not being real, I'd say you still have a case for starting a return claim through eBay on the grounds that when you received the items, it became apparent the cape was fake. Clearly the cape is where the value is and that's why you bid in the first place. Had you known it was fake, you wouldn't have bid. Simple as that.

And as for PayPal payments for eBay purchases being protected, yes they absolutely are. If the seller accepts the return, or if they give you any hassle and eBay side with you (which they almost certainly will), you will get your money back.

Well getting there, they have cancelled the order so that clears the first part now waiting for a refund confirmation still feel sick.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
StarWarsFan said:
Snaketibe said:

Well getting there, they have cancelled the order so that clears the first part now waiting for a refund confirmation still feel sick.
That's understandable, but it's good news about the cancellation.

Keep us posted, and good luck.

Taffius

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
StarWarsFan said:

I know how you feel but the end processs has started and you have time now to reconcile and start to move on. I hate things like this myself. Made a payment the other day on a non ebay site, items sold on another site and the refunds are not quick but it will come and can then reset yourself mate. Again goods & services are worth the little extra peace of mind.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
StarWarsFan said:
Snaketibe said:

Thanks mate, the seller is trying to contact PayPal cause fees are on hold pending delivery

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Taffius said:
Snaketibe said:
StarWarsFan said:

I know how you feel but the end processs has started and you have time now to reconcile and start to move on. I hate things like this myself. Made a payment the other day on a non ebay site, items sold on another site and the refunds are not quick but it will come and can then reset yourself mate. Again goods & services are worth the little extra peace of mind.

Cheers taff sorry to hear that.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Robstyley said:
That Jawas cape is definitely fake. If you're buying all that for the Jawa, don't do it..! I'd cancel the order and get a refund personally :wink:

lol all refunded now thank goodness can sleep easy tonight.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Taffius said:
StarWarsFan said:

Yep. Goods and services will count if he claimed it real. Depends on how he described item. You should be good with protection.

Sorted now, thanks Taff

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
subzero said:
StarWarsFan said:
subzero said:

Sorted now, thanks for all your help

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom