THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 54 LAUNCHED

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
54fb.jpg

Vintage Rebellion return with a slightly different format than normal. This month there is no focus interview after Richard and Pete were able to attend the Palitoy presentation in Coalville with former employees of the toy company. In place of the interview we hear the presentation in its entirety instead.

Although no interview we show does have a familiar feel to it outside of that change with Richard discussing the unearthing of some old photos in the 99p Woolworths baggie scandal, as well as catching up with friend of the show, Stephane Faucourt to discuss his latest upcoming book.

Jez returns with his usual NA section where the team talk Posters, displays, Sigma, Cinema tickets and Koolee Cups before rounding the month off with a look at the Imperial Dignitary figure, do you love him or hate him? The boys have differing opinions and none more so than Vintage Alliance member, Ron Salvatore, as Ron gives us his take of the greatest last 17 figure.

Pete continues the Imperial Dignitary loving during 'Beyond the Newest Acquisitions', as he looks at the alternate collectibles for the would be Imperial Dignitary focus collectors before delivering his tracker top five.

As well as all this the boys discuss bleaching of figures, Jez lets himself down by having a meltdown during another quiz, and more general Star Wars chit chat.

Enjoy the Show!!!

Taffius

Sith Lord
Downloaded and currently enjoying the Palitoy chat / panel.
Thanks again for making my commute and end of working week great!

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Thanks guys this will bring my Vintage Star Wars fix home again.
Appreciate the hard work.

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
Enjoying it so far as always guys!!

Think Steve has broken all records in terms of length of theme music for the quiz :lol:

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Again, thanks for the excellent show. I'm unable to stray far due to ill health so the Palitoy event recording is greatly appreciated. I'm sure anyone similar, or those who are simply too busy to attend these events, enjoy this kind of coverage. For me it brings me a bit closer to the action than I'd otherwise get.

I loved the bickering about the Dignitary too. I always liked him but I enjoy the garish.

Taffius

Sith Lord
Taffius said:
Downloaded and currently enjoying the Palitoy chat / panel.
Thanks again for making my commute and end of working week great!

Finished listening. Great as always, however to find at the end (outakes) that the mastermind quiz was setup was quite a revealation! :shock: :lol:

My faith in SW integrity, wisdom and honesty has been rocked! :lol: :lol:

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
I just want to say how much I enjoyed the Coalville Palitoy presentation. I'm very envious on the people who went. Some great information and superb anicdotes from all concerned.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
What an enjoyable show guys, thank u so much :D
A real treat to b able to listen to the full unedited recording of the Palitoy panel 8) Thank u Richard :)

Stuart, ur love for the Imperial Dignitary really must b 2nd to none :lol:

"Bleaching is for arseholes!" Jez, what a line :!: :lol:

Can't wait for the Xmas edition 8)

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Another great episode, thanks chaps. The Palitoy discussion was a real treat, I would have loved to have gone but to be able to listen to the whole thing really made up for it. There were some great points that came out of the discussion, and some really good questions asked. It's lovely to hear that all of the former Palitoy employees seem to have very fond memories of the place, and their part in making such a well loved toy line. Many thanks to Matt for making it all happen, and to Rich for the recording.

Otherwise, Mastermind was a lot of fun, but who knew that the extended theme tune was so creepy?! And I enjoyed the discussion on the Imperial Dignitary. Stuart's passionate support for the figure reminds me of 'defend the indefensible' on Radio 5 Live's Fighting Talk programme. Stu, if ever I end up in court on a no-hoper, I want you on my defence team!

It's also worth listening right to the end on this one, the best laugh comes in the last few seconds of the outro with the banter between Rich and Stu.

Keep up the good work guys, I'll hopefully catch up with some of you at FF and will look forward to the Christmas episode.

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Had a chance to listen to the entire show last weekend on my drive up to Seattle for the Seahawks game. Made the drive very enjoyable and the Hawks even won as well!

Thanks for sharing the audio from the Palitoy panel. Really cool to hear from some of the original creators and their stories.

With regard to the cardbacks discussion, I put together a 3 ring binder and put each one on a plastic sleeve. Nice way to protect them and I enjoy flipping through them now and then. I've tried to collect one of each figure on their debut card front. Also have a few of the alternate photos from the ROTJ line. Below are a couple pics.

Enjoyed the discussion about the early bootleg tapes for ROTJ. Back in 1983, my dad was working as a painter in an auto repair shop. One of the guys he worked with somehow got his hands on a bootleg of the movie that someone had shot with a camcorder. He let my dad borrow it one weekend as he knew I was a huge Star Wars fan. I watched it several times that weekend and even ended up recording the audio with a cassette recorder. After we have to return the video, I would listen to the entire movie while playing out the scenes with my figures. A bit obsessed I was no doubt. :)

Another excellent show guys and I'm already looking forward to the Christmas special. Take it easy and have a great Christmas.

Jason

794D65DD-3787-4913-B32B-D002D464991D.jpeg

08D7D69A-ACCE-4E31-B1C5-32A438349FBB.jpeg

13B38AFC-F7CA-44DA-BBD0-EAA623B8DA29.jpeg

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Just finished this- another brilliant listen. Absolutely loved the Palitoy interview- a really fascinating insight into a different era of toy production.

Starting to think that Stu fancies himself as TVR's version of Adrian Durham, after listening to the Imperial Dignitary piece :lol:

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Great show! I was also surprised to hear the full length Mastermind theme, I thought it had a bit of a sci-fi vibe to it actually so quite appropriate. I also agree with the comments that Stu really 'went out to bat' for the Imperial Dignitary - I'd like to say that he swayed opinion and made us all realise that it's a top ten figure but still not convinced... :D

I also thought the Palitoy Panel came out suprisingly well, given that it wasnt really set up with mics to be recorded. The first question was answered by someone in the audience and that was hard to make out, but the rest was pretty clear and Geoff Maisey's introductory talk was fascinating and filled with anecdotes ("we called him Bernie 'The Bolt' because he fired so many people") I particularly enjoyed listening to that again.

I'm also really delighted to see that there is now an extra Xmas podcast episode available too - you guys really are the hardest working podcasters in the hobby!

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Wow, the Palitoy panel was amazing. Very interesting. Thanks for recording and broadcasting it. Can't believe I missed another great event. I need to do more events in 2019. Imperial Dignitary discussion/ argument was very funny! I quite like him as a figure but the price tag and nose rub issue puts me off him. Enjoyed the story about the replacement blasters from Palitoy. Great show! Half way through Christmas show. Really enjoying it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom