Imperial Dignitary:

Imperial Dignitary.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Ah, my favourite Star Wars "Action" figure :? :roll:
9949378F-EE1E-49E1-BE25-1666DF957017.png
Nice example, Nick. Thanks for sharing :)

Yours almost looks like it was graded by Toy R Us :wink:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
Mini99 said:

Thanks, the sticker fell off :roll: , so I have left it in the case.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Mini99 said:

my favorite figure :lol: cool moc that you have 8)
Not the most exciting "action" figure of the set is it!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Alright rubish toy but makes a reasonable MOC IMO. I'm waiting to see someone post a POTF MOC with a clear bubble. :eek:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
theforceuk said:
Alright rubish toy but makes a reasonable MOC IMO. I'm waiting to see someone post a POTF MOC with a clear bubble. :eek:
I wouldn't hold your breath, I don't think I have ever seen a clear POTF bubble.
Even the one that I owned back in the late 90s was yellow even then.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
theforceuk said:
I wouldn't hold your breath, I don't think I have ever seen a clear POTF bubble.
Even the one that I owned back in the late 90s was yellow even then.

Yes mine was one of the first MOC I brought back in 1999 and was yellow then. Not relly got any worse though.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Snaketibe said:
Mini99 said:

Thanks, the sticker fell off :roll: , so I have left it in the case.
The sticker falling off is noteworthy in itself as all the TRU ones I've encountered have been well and truly attached to their cards. I hope it didn't leave any residue behind on yours when it went for a Burton? The card certainly looks nice and clean, but it's hard to be certain from the photo.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
No real residual left thankfully, to be fair the sticker was hanging on by a thread when I purchased it.
I don't mind stickers falling off, its bubbles I worry about!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
No real residual left thankfully, to be fair the sticker was hanging on by a thread when I purchased it.
I don't mind stickers falling off, its bubbles I worry about!
That's good to hear :)

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Despite what a lot of people say about this figure I have always liked it. Was one of my first last 17 figures, only last 17 I have boxed and had a few join the ranks of my Imperial Army

Attachments

• 20181120_210240.jpg
    20181120_210240.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 1,560
  • 20181120_210244.jpg
    20181120_210244.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 1,560
  • 20181120_210248.jpg
    20181120_210248.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 1,559
  • 20181120_210318.jpg
    20181120_210318.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 1,562
  • 20181120_210322.jpg
    20181120_210322.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 1,559

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
OK, Lars, so you have chosen Kenner's Old Woman for us this week then, eh? ;-)

I know a lot of people pour scorn on the Imperial Dignitary, and I have to say that I agree it is indeed a crap choice for a child's action figure, since it has all the action and excitement of a brick. However, I am also a bit of a fan of the figure from a collector's standpoint. Firstly, it's certainly bright and colourful, and stands out in any figure display, but also I'm still stunned to this day that Kenner bothered to make it at all! I'm glad they did, but I can't believe it sold in huge numbers! Perhaps they thought it would compliment the Imperial Shuttle and boost sales of that?

Anyway, here are mine. Another POTF like Nick's and Steve's, plus a loose complete with nose! :lol:

Imperial Old Woman - 01.jpg

The really weird thing about my Dignitary is that when flash photographed (like below), the torso suddenly looks discoloured:

Imperial Old Woman - 02a.jpg

However, when viewed in other light, it looks like this... perfect (I have tweaked this in Photoshop to show how it looks without a flash):

Imperial Old Woman - 02b.jpg

I can only assume there is some discolouration to the torso, but (thankfully) it is for now quite subtle and requires really bright light to show it up. Does anyone else have this issue with their Imperial Grandmas? :? :lol:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
StarWarsFan said:
Despite what a lot of people say about this figure I have always liked it. Was one of my first last 17 figures, only last 17 I have boxed and had a few join the ranks of my Imperial Army
Wow, what a lot of love for Sim Aloo! :-D

That's a nice POTF card you have, and a very impressive collection of Imperial figures! Thanks for sharing :)

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
StarWarsFan said:
Wow, what a lot of love for Sim Aloo! :-D

That's a nice POTF card you have, and a very impressive collection of Imperial figures! Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks mate, have finally got round to start displaying my Army again after the move will post pictures once complete.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
OK, Lars, so you have chosen Kenner's Old Woman for us this week then, eh? ;-)

I know a lot of people pour scorn on the Imperial Dignitary, and I have to say that I agree it is indeed a crap choice for a child's action figure, since it has all the action and excitement of a brick. However, I am also a bit of a fan of the figure from a collector's standpoint. Firstly, it's certainly bright and colourful, and stands out in any figure display, but also I'm still stunned to this day that Kenner bothered to make it at all! I'm glad they did, but I can't believe it sold in huge numbers! Perhaps they thought it would compliment the Imperial Shuttle and boost sales of that?

Anyway, here are mine. Another POTF like Nick's and Steve's, plus a loose complete with nose! :lol:

Imperial Old Woman - 01.jpg
The really weird thing about my Dignitary is that when flash photographed (like below), the torso suddenly looks discoloured:

Imperial Old Woman - 02a.jpg
However, when viewed in other light, it looks like this... perfect (I have tweaked this in Photoshop to show how it looks without a flash):

Imperial Old Woman - 02b.jpg
I can only assume there is some discolouration to the torso, but (thankfully) it is for now quite subtle and requires really bright light to show it up. Does anyone else have this issue with their Imperial Grandmas? :? :lol:
That bubble looks nearly clear, nice one!
And the loose one has a perfect nose, had to find like that these days.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom