Uzay figures

cactus-flower

Youngling
Hi all. Apologies if I'm in the wrong place.

Ok, sold some old figures my dad had left on ebay and the buyer asked if I had any more available. I said I had a few more but I said I thought they were knock off copies, so I didn't include them in the original listing. Anyway he asked for some photos. He tells me they are very valuable and wants to visit me to buy them paying £5000!!!

They are all Uzay figures, two on cards, Chewbacca and C3PO, and two loose, R5D4 and one he called Headman. I've since had a look on the www and it seems a bit conflicting but it seems that the Headman alone could be worth £5k.

Anyone got any advice?

cactus-flower

Youngling
I'd prefer just a quick bit of advice. Is the £5k he's offering a good or realistic price? I am wary that hes prepared to travel 300 odd miles with, as he says, £5000 cash to give me.

cactus-flower

Youngling
punk_pat said:
Do you have a Turkish connection?

Lol, he asked that as well. No, none of my family are Turkish but I've learnt they are Turkish versions. They belonged to my dad, he'd had them for some time.

cactus-flower

Youngling
Would I be wise to get them properly valued? Does anyone know anywhere in the Scarborough area? Nearest cities are York and Middlesbrough.

Darkest_Logic

Jedi Knight
cactus-flower said:
Would I be wise to get them properly valued? Does anyone know anywhere in the Scarborough area? Nearest cities are York and Middlesbrough.

Best to post pictures up of the items and then go from there

TK-7785

Jedi Master
If they are genuine then it's not odd that he wants to travel to collect them, given their rarity and current market values. Original carded Uzay's are much more fragile than the Palitoy and Kenner counterparts and I certainly wouldn't risk having them posted. So I wouldn't be wary because of that.

I don't know Uzay values other than they can go for a lot. it would certainly be wise to get some experienced collector opinions on value before you sell them. Posting some pics here would certainly help with that as well as helping to confirm if indeed they are real Uzay's.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
cactus-flower said:
I'd prefer just a quick bit of advice. Is the £5k he's offering a good or realistic price? I am wary that hes prepared to travel 300 odd miles with, as he says, £5000 cash to give me.

Star Wars figures don't have a 'fixed' price - the price is very much influenced by condition and completeness. The accessories that go with the Headman for example are 'holy grail' items within the hobby and you'd likely find many buyers just for them alone at £5k.

So to answer your query - if genuine Uzay then £5k is a poor offer. Don't accept it.

To repeat what others have said - post up clear, close up photos (also including name and date within one of the pics will help alleviate concerns). With all due respect to the toy shop owner - far more knowledge here, and surely easier for you to put a few pictures on a forum than physically travel to a toy shop. It may well be that you have 'custom' made versions rather than the real deal. Seems unlikely that living in England your father would have acquired such rare, esoteric foreign items - but I'm keeping fingers crossed for you as it would be an amazing and profitable find if genuine Uzay!

PICS PLEASE!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I wouldn't bother guys, you won't get pictures. He's probably a time waster or a dreamer.

Of course they are genuine Uzay, it makes total sense not to post pictures when you can drive to a random shop. :roll:

ChallengerFox

Jedi Knight
Never really seen the appeal of Uzay figures, how rare are they in terms of production numbers etc ?

And back when new where would they have been sold ? Just in Turkish toy shops ?

Did any of those ones in the link sell ? I see that's a good few years back so I assume those prices have probably doubled now ?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
ChallengerFox said:
Never really seen the appeal of Uzay figures, how rare are they in terms of production numbers etc ?

And back when new where would they have been sold ? Just in Turkish toy shops ?

Did any of those ones in the link sell ? I see that's a good few years back so I assume those prices have probably doubled now ?

I'm the same they don't do anything for me either. Although the Imperial Gunner with the TV remote has always pissed me up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom