SWTOTW, Week 44, 2018, Part 1/2 Micro Collection - Death Star World

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Micro Collection - Death Star World:

death.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
I really hope someone can help you with this one, Lars. The more I see of the Micro Collection, the more I like it :)

I also hope some will add pictures of one :D

Palifan

Sith Lord
Is this micro enough for you guys (I made it from post-it's years ago)?

:D

Ian

Attachments

• IMG_9264.jpg
    IMG_9264.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 1,281
  • IMG_9263.jpg
    IMG_9263.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 1,283
  • IMG_9261.jpg
    IMG_9261.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 1,286

Palifan

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
Palifan said:

Ian
Fantastic! I think I may have just found my new favourite Star Wars pic! :D

Thanks for that and I just wished that I'd have taken better pictures of it :roll:

Anyway, after my hilarious joke I thought I should post a few pics of the real thing. Not the best conditioned world set I own but it's complete and the playlet's not in bad shape (even though I'll have to set it up another day for a better photo).

Ian

Attachments

• IMG_1512.jpg
    IMG_1512.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 1,278
  • IMG_1511.jpg
    IMG_1511.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 1,279
  • IMG_1509.jpg
    IMG_1509.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 1,279
  • IMG_1508.jpg
    IMG_1508.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 1,279
  • IMG_1507.jpg
    IMG_1507.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 1,277
  • IMG_1506.jpg
    IMG_1506.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,284
  • IMG_1505.jpg
    IMG_1505.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 1,278

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Excellent stuff, Ian. It's a nice toy and (perhaps I shouldn't be, but!) I'm surprised at how similar certain elements of it are to Kenner's 4" scale Death Star. It's also not every collection that has one (mine certainly doesn't), so well done for having one and many thanks for sharing it with the forum :)

Jeremy

Palifan

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
Excellent stuff, Ian. It's a nice toy and (perhaps I shouldn't be, but!) I'm surprised at how similar certain elements of it are to Kenner's 4" scale Death Star. It's also not every collection that has one (mine certainly doesn't), so well done for having one and many thanks for sharing it with the forum :)

Jeremy

My pleasure Jeremy, it's not that often that I have something to post up so I'm always happy to when I can.

Ian

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Thanks Ian for posting your Death Star World.
I don't have any of these, but I'm beginning to take a liking to these Micto collections.....

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palifan said:
Snaketibe said:
Palifan said:

Ian
Fantastic! I think I may have just found my new favourite Star Wars pic! :D

Thanks for that and I just wished that I'd have taken better pictures of it :roll:

Anyway, after my hilarious joke I thought I should post a few pics of the real thing. Not the best conditioned world set I own but it's complete and the playlet's not in bad shape (even though I'll have to set it up another day for a better photo).

Ian

Thanks ian for sharing pictures of that lovely set, even as the box is not perfect then it still looks cool 8)

Palifan

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Palifan said:

Ian

cool little death star you have made ian, how did you make it ? :shock:

Thanks for the comment Lars. I have scans of my Palitoy Death Star that I called to fit onto post-it's and then ran them through the printer to print all the parts out. Cut them all out and assembled, it took an evening to and was easier than this one I also made that was bigger and made from card.

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23582&hilit=that%27s+no+moon

Ian

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palifan said:
Pomse2001 said:
Palifan said:

Ian

cool little death star you have made ian, how did you make it ? :shock:

Thanks for the comment Lars. I have scans of my Palitoy Death Star that I called to fit onto post-it's and then ran them through the printer to print all the parts out. Cut them all out and assembled, it took an evening to and was easier than this one I also made that was bigger and made from card.

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23582&hilit=that%27s+no+moon

Ian

Very cool story, thanks for the link and the great info :D

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Wow, Ian! That full colour scaled down Death Star is a work of art. The Palitoy Death Star has always been my favourite toy of any kind, so a wonderful project like this, especially this well executed, will always bring a huge smile to my face :D

First rate stuff! Many thanks for sharing your efforts.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thanks for all the kind words guys. When I was working away in the US recently I had access to an RP machine so it's just a shame I never got to scan the original clips and and gunner seat with cockpit as I would have been able to print these parts off to scale (including the garbage chute). maybe a job for another day.

Ian

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palifan said:
Thanks for all the kind words guys. When I was working away in the US recently I had access to an RP machine so it's just a shame I never got to scan the original clips and and gunner seat with cockpit as I would have been able to print these parts off to scale (including the garbage chute). maybe a job for another day.

Ian

what is a RP machine ? :oops:

Palifan

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Palifan said:

Ian

Rapid Prototype machine, you put 3D computer model files into it and it builds a 3D physical model of it in any scale you want (depending on the size of your machine).Like this -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu62AzWPTDs

Ian

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palifan said:
Pomse2001 said:
Palifan said:

Ian

Rapid Prototype machine, you put 3D computer model files into it and it builds a 3D physical model of it in any scale you want (depending on the size of your machine).Like this -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu62AzWPTDs

Ian

Thanks ian for the info and thanks for the link :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom