What baffled you most about the toys as a kid?

indianawars

Sith Lord
So I never understood why Luke Bespin came with a yellow lightsaber! As a kid, I was convinced that I had a special Luke until every other kid had a yellow lightsaber with their Luke Bespin. I still have no idea what the reason was they decided to go with a yellow lightsaber, but as a kid, it baffled the hell out of me.

Was anybody else confused by a particular toy?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Could never understand how my Mum and Dad didn't just let me have everything. :lol:

lejackal

Grand Master
Why Luke X Wing had black hair, I didn't know until adulthood that it's a visor and not hair :oops:

subzero

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
Could never understand how my Mum and Dad didn't just let me have everything. :lol:

2kqhff.jpg

:lol:

subzero

Sith Lord
The only things I remember thinking as a kid was why is Darth Vader so skinny, and why is the Black Bespin Guard so impossibly black. :lol:

Taffius

Sith Lord
Why they wouldnt stand properly, espically on carpet! Spent more time trying to make them stand than anything else! :lol:

MightyMike

Padawan
The Die Cast Twin Cloud Car caused me issues. Were they on the side of the empire or the rebels? It was also the wrong size to fit in with the rest of the toys!

In the end I used to grip the central strut and pretend it was a hand gun

Crumm

Padawan
The Star Destroyer play set.

I just couldn't get my head around it...Thought it looked so weird.

The mini-rigs also caused me some issues...I just remember thinking "that wasn't in the film", I don't think I fully grasped the concept of them :lol:

A few other small issues I had (OCD coming out now):

Boba fett's rocket is the wrong shape and it is red
Wrong blasters/ weapons with certain figures
Where is Tarkin?
How the pilot's area of the Falcon is separate to the rest of the ship (I wanted it to all be connected inside :lol: )

Ahhhhh, my mis-spent youth. I wish I only had stuff like that to worry about nowadays.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Crumm said:
The Star Destroyer play set.

I just couldn't get my head around it...Thought it looked so weird.

The mini-rigs also caused me some issues...I just remember thinking "that wasn't in the film", I don't think I fully grasped the concept of them :lol:

A few other small issues I had (OCD coming out now):

Boba fett's rocket is the wrong shape and it is red
Wrong blasters/ weapons with certain figures
Where is Tarkin?
How the pilot's area of the Falcon is separate to the rest of the ship (I wanted it to all be connected inside :lol: )

Ahhhhh, my mis-spent youth. I wish I only had stuff like that to worry about nowadays.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
subzero said:
The only things I remember thinking as a kid was why is Darth Vader so skinny, and why is the Black Bespin Guard so impossibly black. :lol:

I know what you mean about Vader, he is a bit camp :lol:

What baffled me was the amount of wire that was used to tie toys to their inner packaging or screwed to the inner packaging .......why :?:

I remember spending ages unwrapping my girls Bratz dolls and sylvanian families at Christmas :lol:

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
[How the pilot's area of the Falcon is separate to the rest of the ship (I wanted it to all be connected inside :lol: )

As a kid I always wanted to rip out the cardboard wall of the falcon so I could hide figures in there and wondered what was behind there, all that wasted space, luckily I didn't and still have it intact today, I think it was a close one thou.
I was just as confused by the boba fett heads on the snow speeder box, cut them out ready for an offer, still have them now,,,, was there ever one ?????? :?

Vintage40

Padawan
Most baffling would be that despite the toys being wonderful, the original boxes were poisonous to my parents and were far too dangerous to keep!

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Why a lot of figures came with the completely wrong weapons. Also why the colours were wrong. No Han Stormtrooper, no cloud city play sets.

subzero

Sith Lord
Ruby2511 said:
subzero said:

I know what you mean about Vader, he is a bit camp :lol:

What baffled me was the amount of wire that was used to tie toys to their inner packaging or screwed to the inner packaging .......why :?:

I remember spending ages unwrapping my girls Bratz dolls and sylvanian families at Christmas :lol:

I used to hate that damn wire :evil: you tear all the packaging open only to find more obstacles. :lol:

Section 8

Sith Lord
Why did scalextric need so many expensive big **** off batteries to run and to have them run out in no time at all.

If I remember correctly my scalextric needed 8 of the big fat batteries.

subzero

Sith Lord
Section 8 said:
Why did scalextric need so many expensive big **** off batteries to run and to have them run out in no time at all.

Wow that's a lot of juice, I don't remember them needing that much as I only played on my mates set a handful of times.

Vintage40

Padawan
Section 8 said:

Batteries? I don't remember Scalextric being anything other than mains powered???

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Vintage40 said:
Section 8 said:

Batteries? I don't remember Scalextric being anything other than mains powered???
I agree, I had Scalextric in the 60s and that was definitely mains / transformer powered.
If it had been battery powered we would not have had it as my Father thought that batteries were a waste of money, so we had no toys with them! :(
Perhaps this was a later set?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom