Is This Legit? Are CAS Grading Toy Toni MOCs?

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I believe that they have recently stopped this practice of grading anything that's a fake/repo.
It was a big "thing" on FB last month, around the same time as the AFA announcement that they were no longer U grading.

indianawars

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
I believe that they have recently stopped this practice of grading anything that's a fake/repo.
It was a big "thing" on FB last month, around the same time as the AFA announcement that they were no longer U grading.

Oh man, so much has changed! I joined a facebook group but quickly left as it was so aggressive. I'm so out of touch... I feel like Marty McFly when he went to the future :lol:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
:lol:
Your not wrong, it takes a lot of effort just to stand still in this hobby!

lejackal

Grand Master
indianawars said:
Mini99 said:

Oh man, so much has changed! I joined a facebook group but quickly left as it was so aggressive. I'm so out of touch... I feel like Marty McFly when he went to the future :lol:
They stopped casing reproduction MOCs but they still grade toy Tonis

spoons

Grand Master
I do think this is a bit different to repros. A lot of Tonis are graded anyway so recasing them as Tonis has to be better than leaving them as graded AFA 90s.

On the other hand I feel that grading repros in general is a green light for all repro makers to start pumping more repros out

I do agree that this could also be seen as legitimising Tonis, but if he started producing new MOCs I think the community would realise fairly fast and I suspect CAS would then stop if there was enough strong feeling. His card backs are worth more than the MOCs now in any case so this is really unlikely.

Collecting SW really is a minefield these days :lol:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
lejackal said:
indianawars said:
Mini99 said:

They stopped casing reproduction MOCs but they still grade toy Tonis
Really, oh well I supose that even TT,s are "Vintage" now... :lol:
I bet he would be really proud if he knew! :roll:

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
When they grade Repo's or TT's do they state it on the grading label?

They only graded a few repros for one person as they were apparently sentimental. Once he put them up for sale for 000s, cas had to pay him to destroy them.

They put the words "toy Toni production" on the label of a toy Toni.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
I think the TT grading is withdrawn now. The links to the pages on the CAS website about it are removed now. And in practice it wasn't a service anyone requested beyond the initial example of Bill Cable's C3PO.

Jason

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
I know TT isn't very popular but would the items he sold still be classed as vintage?

Yes, they are vintage, there's no arguement about that. Card, bubble and figure are all vintage. It's just that the shitdick put those three components together himself and then sold them as original factory sealed without disclosure.

Personally I don't think "they" should grade anything like this but it's not really a big deal. It's just been put in a sealed case with a label on it saying what it is. I don't like Tonis and I don't like grading so it doesn't appeal to me but someone will like it :p

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom