Vectis 26th September

lejackal

Grand Master
Anyone going for anything at today's sale? There are a few nice Palitoy bits coming up including a 45A Han Solo :shock:

676-4595.jpg

spoons

Grand Master
lejackal said:
Anyone going for anything at today's sale? There are a few nice Palitoy bits coming up including a 45A Han Solo :shock:

676-4595.jpg

I had a pre-bid on that but got out bid pretty quickly. A lot of money for a cardback and figure...

I also bid on a few action man things but dont know if I've won yet

lejackal

Grand Master
spoons said:
lejackal said:

676-4595.jpg

I had a pre-bid on that but got out bid pretty quickly. A lot of money for a cardback and figure...

I also bid on a few action man things but dont know if I've won yet
I know, I would have liked it at around the estimate, as would a few I'm sure. Very rare though as far as I know

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I didn't realise their was another one today either, nice Han not seen one before.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Shame it had such a poor condition bubble or not only would I have given it more consideration, but I guess it would've landed at more like £1300?

I did manage to pick up a lot in this one though, surprised so many folk missed it was on

lejackal

Grand Master
SAVORY100 said:
Shame it had such a poor condition bubble or not only would I have given it more consideration, but I guess it would've landed at more like £1300?
The last pre bid was £260, this hasn't gone under the hammer yet, it should be up in the next 30-40 minutes I think

SAVORY100 said:
I did manage to pick up a lot in this one though, surprised so many folk missed it was on
Anything exciting?

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
SAVORY100 said:

The last pre bid was £260, this hasn't gone under the hammer yet, it should be up in the next 30-40 minutes I think

I turned it off after I won my lot... haha! I presumed it would've all finished by now.. sorry Carl!

lejackal

Grand Master
SAVORY100 said:
lejackal said:
SAVORY100 said:

I turned it off after I won my lot... haha! I presumed it would've all finished by now.. sorry Carl!
no need to apologise - I should be working but, err... :lol:

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
SAVORY100 said:
lejackal said:

no need to apologise - I should be working but, err... :lol:

Back from lunch and back 'at work' logged back in.. what you think it will hammer at? Surely it can't go much higher in that state... its a rare piece but the bubble is basically not even there from what I can see...

lejackal

Grand Master
I don't think the Star Wars items have been that strong today, not cheap but not top money either so maybe £350-450? It is almost loose with a card back but I don't think it's played with and I've not seen another I don't think

lejackal

Grand Master
lejackal said:
I don't think the Star Wars items have been that strong today, not cheap but not top money either so maybe £350-450? It is almost loose with a card back but I don't think it's played with and I've not seen another I don't think
I know nothing - ended at £220 (which is lower than the site was showing earlier as the top bid, go figure)

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
It seems very odd that they would mix in a few odd MOCs with loads of tat the day after a massive Star Wars sale!

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
I got extra pics on the Han and the bubble is completely smashed on top, much worse than the face on pics looks, I'm not sure whether the figure could come out on it's own but it's very close to being able to. Like said earlier, it's really just a cardback and attached bubble, and a loose figure for £300 or so after fees and post.

I wonder whether the trashed stuff is from postage damage. I bought a moc that arrived damaged with a cracked bubble (either badly described in the first place, or damaged in the post, no way to tell), they offered a refund and I declined. It was listed on its own a while later, along with a couple of other bits. The sale wasn't a SW one, just a Film Toy related one, and I wondered at the time whether they keep them listed away from SW auctions in case someone puts 2 and 2 together and realises it's the same items, possibly making people wonder if they don't pack them well (although imo they pack them very well).

Looking at the prices from yesterday the Palitoy MOCs are still holding up really well, despite there being so many more these days. Yes, the really common stuff is cheaper than afew years ago, but anything mid-range and above still gets a good result for the seller. I looked at a few lots from today (mostly not SW) but there wasn't much left in them for resellers after fees etc.m so the Vectis premium is still alive and kicking (unfortunately :lol: ).

lejackal

Grand Master
I can only assume they were from different vendors, hardly helpful to today's vendor though in terms of achieving the best price

spoons

Grand Master
lejackal said:
lejackal said:
I know nothing - ended at £220 (which is lower than the site was showing earlier as the top bid, go figure)

I was £200 :)

spoons

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
It seems very odd that they would mix in a few odd MOCs with loads of tat the day after a massive Star Wars sale!

They normally do that Edd. A load of good SW one day and other toys and random SW the next. Unless their auctions are specificly trains or die cast expect one or two hidden gems.

coomber75

Sith Lord
watchd today not many bits of interest and the loose when for big cash except the one with pop up r2 in the mixd lot :eek: wouldn't log my bid :roll:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom