Astons auction

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
I was but everything's gone way high plus fee's and shipping I would be paying at least £150 over the value of one lot crazy.

There is also a lot on there over £100 mostly repro weapons and hoth stormtrooper blasters. All the tie and cloud car pilot blasters have a bump on the front end screams repro ppl are crazy.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yes, wouldn't be the first time repro has been seen here.

Not often I feel the need to say it, but the auctioneer is really, really bad at this :? No warning on knocking a lot down. Half a dozen words could draw at least one, probably two, bids out.

As for the Lego prices, I wish I could get those on ebay. Auction fever will rule this sale, it seems.

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
ScruffyLookingNH said:

Not often I feel the need to say it, but the auctioneer is really, really bad at this :? No warning on knocking a lot down. Half a dozen words could draw at least one, probably two, bids out.

As for the Lego prices, I wish I could get those on ebay. Auction fever will rule this sale, it seems.

Agreed i have been watching just for my own interest and i am sure that the online bidder's dont take into account the cost of postage that normally
involes a thrid party going in to pack and ship the item's and Aston's i believe offer no in house postage option. You need to be there to collect the lots you win however with these prices you could come home empty handed or paying well over an items value.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Watching at the moment...I don't know if those Lego prices are average or not, but the pre-bidding on some of the vintage is just stupid. Not sure whether we're looking at collectors or resellers here, but they are either paying over the average value or kidding themselves there's a profit margin left.

Take the loose lots for example, assuming it's a collector bidding it's incredibly unlikely they'd be keeping everything in those lots for themselves. So they'll have to sell all those extra accessory-less beaters for £5-6+ each to make it worthwhile over just buying the individual figure they need... of which the vast majority are worth half that.

I'm dreading to see what those rough MOCs will go for. :roll: But I think I might send my extras to Aston's to include in their next auction. :lol:

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
TK-7785 said:
I'm dreading to see what those rough MOCs will go for. :roll: But I think I might send my extras to Aston's to include in their next auction. :lol:

HAHA i was thinking the same if some mug wants to pay me 40% more than my beaters are worth crack on. Its a shame a few jedi mocs i was interested in but i could buy them now on ebay for less than the current bid.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:

Agreed. They seem to be really racing through the Lego lots with no desire to see if they've got all the bids they can. I suspect they'll take their time with the vintage to really rinse all the pennies they can.

Stubbs said:
HAHA i was thinking the same if some mug wants to pay me 40% more than my beaters are worth crack on. Its a shame a few jedi mocs i was interested in but i could buy them now on ebay for less than the current bid.

It's nucking futs, mate! It's not just auction fever getting the best of people, it seems there's such a thing as the "Aston's Premium". Given their propensity for poor descriptions and the inclusion of obvious repro (as Simon said) it kind of boggles the mind. Think I'll just grab a beer and watch for the entertainment now. :lol:

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
The loose beater fig lots are coming up. I wish i could grab a beer but i am suppose to be working.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Those loose lots have just gone for daft prices! And from the sounds of it, most have gone to the same bidder...probably a "dealer". Good luck making profit on that. :roll:

And then two loose complete Jabbas and Taun Taun for £100 plus commission (£127). Riiiiiiiiiiight!

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
I cant wait to see what the moc's go for. But i also noticed all the loose going to the same person i dont know wye she felt the need to mention that.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Stubbs said:
I cant wait to see what the moc's go for. But i also noticed all the loose going to the same person i dont know wye she felt the need to mention that.

Probably one of those Ebay dealers that list individual beater figures for £10 Buy It Now. :roll: :lol:

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
TK-7785 said:
Stubbs said:

Probably one of those Ebay dealers that list individual beater figures for £10 Buy It Now. :roll: :lol:

More than likely. My son has a singing jar jar we couldn't get £3 for it at the boot sale with battery's it would probably achieve £50 at this auction. :lol:

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
I should have been working. Did anyone win anything nice. I got nothing towards the end i thought some MOC's went at OK prices possibly everyone was skint.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Stubbs said:
I should have been working. Did anyone win anything nice. I got nothing towards the end i thought some MOC's went at OK prices possibly everyone was skint.

Aaaaaand that's were i got my "bargains". :lol: I got properly outbid on the items I had earmarked, so bought a couple of the MOCs right at the end with last minute bids when is seemed people had either spanked their cash or left.

There were a few bits that were about right. A couple that seemed pretty good deals, but on the whole most seemed to sell at or above market value before you've added commission. It certainly can't be said there were plenty of bargains there. But then it's not surprising with a well advertised, well known auction house.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom