Vintage Collecting Book

wicky0570

Padawan
Dear All,

I am keen to learn more about the original Kenner line of figures and the history of their designs and production. I purchased THE ACTION FIGURE ACHIVE https://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-...320994&sr=8-4&keywords=star+wars+figures+book book from Amazon, this is a lovely book and very informative, but it does not give much background to the figures and the company that made them.

Can anyone recommend a good book that I could buy that would give me the information I am looking for??

Thanks in advance.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
There's a lot of books out there and you could spend a lot very quickly - especially with out of print stuff like the Kellerman book.

My suggestion would be to watch plastic galaxy, it's a really well put together documentary and gives a great overview of Kenner and interviews with ex-employees

Richard_H

Grand Master
In the next few months a book will be released which covers the Kenner company with lots of interviews from people who worked there.

wicky0570

Padawan
Richard_H said:
In the next few months a book will be released which covers the Kenner company with lots of interviews from people who worked there.

I like the sound of that, do you have any details about the book, like the title, author, publisher etc?

Many Thanks for your reply :)

Richard_H

Grand Master
Matt George + one or two others are finalising the printing I believe. As soon as it goes live it'll be all over the FB groups and forums.
It's called Engineering an Empire. Here is the latest update from their FB page of the same name

It's been a while since we've updated everyone on the progress of Engineering An Empire, so no better time than the present!

Our book will be going to the printer in August, marking one of the last steps in its completion and in getting it into the hands of everyone who's waiting to read it. We can't say strongly enough how proud we are of the great work of our designer and the layout of the profiles of the many men and women we had the pleasure of interviewing.

Look for some preview pages to be posted here soon. We can't wait for you to read this.

-Gary, Matt, and Stephen

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Sounds like an interesting read, any other publications that members have used and feel are worthy of adding to the general/reference library?

wicky0570

Padawan
Sundancer Squadron said:
Sounds like an interesting read, any other publications that members have used and feel are worthy of adding to the general/reference library?

Yes, I too would be very interested to hear what other members own in their library of Star Wars reference books?? Please share. Thanks

Richard_H

Grand Master
For proof cards and SW 2d design you need A New Proof by Mattias Rendahl but I think it may be sold out. ESB book is due soon.
For the French market Stephane Faucort and Yann Leroux have released a few books. La French Touch is probably the broadest range
Javi Ruillopez has released an excellent PBP book called Made in Spain. Book 2 is out soon.
Gus and Duncan have released many books - preproduction and micro collection books are fantastic

Jez

Sith Lord
Nice thread, although may I also point you in the direction of The Vintage Rebellion Podcast.
Easily transportable (on phone etc)
Cheaper than any book (it's free)
Fun, informative
Up to date (ok some times it's up to a month behind the times)
4 Top presenters and Richard

If you want to learn more about Vintage collecting give it a go. :D

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Jez said:
Nice thread, although may I also point you in the direction of The Vintage Rebellion Podcast.
Easily transportable (on phone etc)
Cheaper than any book (it's free)
Fun, informative
Up to date (ok some times it's up to a month behind the times)
4 Top presenters and Richard

If you want to learn more about Vintage collecting give it a go. :D
biased... :lol:
No your right, a great resource of knowledge and fun to boot!

wicky0570

Padawan
Just had a reply from the guys that are publishing the 'Engineering an Empire' book, it should be available to buy by the end of 2018!

Looking forward to this book, sounds very good indeed.

wicky0570

Padawan
The Search for the Top 10 Most Expensive and Unique Original Star Wars Action Figures from 1977-1985 Kindle Edition

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ZM53IN4/?coliid=I267FD6UU70CAN&colid=3T50YIRGM5KJ5&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Have any forum members read this book? Just wondered if it worth a read or not?

Thanks in advance.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom