Should scammers/sellers of fakes be welcome to sell at Vintage SW toy fairs/events?

Should scammers/sellers of fakes be welcome to sell at Vintage SW toy fairs/events?

• Yes

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • No

Votes: 48 96.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Already being discussed at length in the other thread. This thread is just splitting the debate.

cheers Jason

Taffius

Sith Lord
This is a difficult as a broad brush to a wider subject.

I should think ethical collectors who want originality and not fakes (assuming the fake is known and being passed off as real by the vendor/seller) would not want them there or being duped if its believed to be real/original.

Other individuals or communities that dont care about fakes wouldnt find it an issue. Some I am aware that find genuine figures with repro accessories a cheaper alternative. Thats not my stance or what I have witnessed, but seems to be apparant and widely known.

It will be the inexperienced or buyers assumption that they are buying vintage when its claimed to be a vintage sale. I would not like anything than original but is that purest?

Is this not trading standards responsability or are there different policies/laws/rules for such events? Genuine question as I do not honestly know what governs such sales at such events. Private events with such vendors (car boots too probably) might be governed differently? Doubt it, but dont know the laws /by laws/rules.

Taffius

Sith Lord
mr_palitoy said:
Already being discussed at length in the other thread. This thread is just splitting the debate.

cheers Jason

I say other thread was "solving problems in the hobby". It got split there too from what I can understand.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Wookie bump..!!

A51E9C6E-BED5-4E6F-A2BA-9B858E14A2D0.jpeg

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Ill vote no, however a part of me wants to see them present so we can keep an eye on the crap they are selling and who exactly is interacting with them and in what capacity.

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Maybe a database complete with images/evidence of bad dealers and a list of events and fairs they regularly attend so that new and newer members/collectors can read and be aware of who they maybe dealing with at fairs would be beneficial to everyone.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
subzero said:
Can someone please block Toy Toni from coming on here and voting? :lol:

:lol: :lol:

The argument that letting a scammer sell at an organised event so you can keep an eye on them doesn't stand up for me. They would just use it to try and prove everything they sell is legitimate and leave all the fake stuff at home for eBay or private sales.

Lindo

Sith Lord
No they should not be allowed to be at events but organisers of these events don't seem to care either way

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I voted yes.

They should be able to be challenged at events for any allegations against them. Driving people underground is not going to stop them making money. They just disappear and find other outlets to sell their stuff.

At least if they are at events, you can speak to them one to one, physically get your money back etc.

Toni got driven underground and very few people got their money back.

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
As sick as these people make me, its the point I was trying to make. Whilst **** floats to the top, filth sinks even deeper and out of sight.
It will get to a point very quickly that no one will buy from them, made to feel unwelcome (unwelcome they are) and treated like a stepped on dog turd in general they just wont turn up thus negating the need to banning.

More than one way to skin a cat, or a rat in this case smash them where it hurts wallet mind and soul.

The ball is in our court, how we are to play it? Time will tell.

As for the filth reading this wonderful thread, rot and burn like the POS you are. 8)

Jez

Sith Lord
I voted that that dogey sellers shouldn't be allowed, however my brother from another mother has a valid point.
Grant_C said:
I voted yes.

They should be able to be challenged at events for any allegations against them. Driving people underground is not going to stop them making money. They just disappear and find other outlets to sell their stuff.

At least if they are at events, you can speak to them one to one, physically get your money back etc.

Toni got driven underground and very few people got their money back.

It's an odd one though. They aren't allowed on any forums, facebook etc and we'd all inform ebay of bad practice but they are welcome 'in the flesh' to sell 'legitimately'.

Latest posts

Top Bottom