SWTOTW, Week 35, 2018, Part 2/2 Y-Wing Fighter Vehicle

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Y-Wing Fighter Vehicle:

Y-Wing.jpeg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
The Y-Wing this week, eh Lars? OK then, here's mine. I was fortunate enough to pick up this unused example back in the mid nineties:

Why Wing - 01.jpg

Why Wing - 02.jpg

Why Wing - 03.jpg

Why Wing - 04.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
The Y-Wing this week, eh Lars? OK then, here's mine. I was fortunate enough to pick up this unused example back in the mid nineties:

Why Wing - 01.jpg

Why Wing - 02.jpg

Why Wing - 03.jpg

Why Wing - 04.jpg

Wow what a beauty that Y-Wing is 8) is it the bilogo or the tri-logo ? any pictures of the other side of the box ? :wink:

Cool that the stickers is not used, it looks really mint. Have it ever been used ? is the bag factory sealed ?

Thanks mate for sharing the pictures :D

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
What a beaut :eek:

Pomse2001 said:
Wow what a beauty that Y-Wing is 8) is it the bilogo or the tri-logo ? any pictures of the other side of the box ? :wink:

Cool that the stickers is not used, it looks really mint. Have it ever been used ? is the bag factory sealed ?

Thanks guys :)

The other side of the box is bi-logo (French and Spanish). I believe the true 'Tri-logo' version has all three languages and Jedi logos on the same side of the box like you find on the Tri-logo figure cards, for example, rather than splitting them into English on one side and French and Spanish on the other.

Sorry Lars, I don't have a similar photo of the other side of the box, but the next time I take it out of my cabinet, I'll try to remember to take one and post it for you. However, as stated in my post above, the toy is unused, with stickers unapplied and the baggie still sealed.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
TheJabbaWookie said:
What a beaut :eek:

Pomse2001 said:

Thanks guys :)

The other side of the box is bi-logo (French and Spanish). I believe the true 'Tri-logo' version has all three languages and Jedi logos on the same side of the box like you find on the Tri-logo figure cards, for example, rather than splitting them into English on one side and French and Spanish on the other.

Sorry Lars, I don't have a similar photo of the other side of the box, but the next time I take it out of my cabinet, I'll try to remember to take one and post it for you. However, as stated in my post above, the toy is unused, with stickers unapplied and the baggie still sealed.

Cool that you have a bi-logo 8) I have never seen both sides of a Tri-logo Y-Wing so I do not know if both sides have a tri-logo :? but maybe you are correct :wink: No problem with the picture, but when you find the time then I would love to see the other side of the box, I love this bilogo and tri-logo stuff 8) thanks for sharing and the info :D

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:

Why Wing - 01.jpg

Why Wing - 02.jpg

Why Wing - 03.jpg

Why Wing - 04.jpg

That is a beauty my man, never seen one unused, what a nice piece to have in your collection 8)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Ruby2511 said:
Snaketibe said:

Why Wing - 01.jpg

Why Wing - 02.jpg

Why Wing - 03.jpg

Why Wing - 04.jpg

That is a beauty my man, never seen one unused, what a nice piece to have in your collection 8)
Thanks :). In terms of box condition, it's probably the nicest piece I own, so I was pleased when Lars chose the Y-Wing for TOTW, as it gave me the perfect excuse to share some pictures of it.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
Ruby2511 said:
Snaketibe said:

Why Wing - 01.jpg

Why Wing - 02.jpg

Why Wing - 03.jpg

Why Wing - 04.jpg

Thanks :). In terms of box condition, it's probably the nicest piece I own, so I was pleased when Lars chose the Y-Wing for TOTW, as it gave me the perfect excuse to share some pictures of it.

It is a lovely piece and having the box in such a lovely condition is a rarity.

I enjoy the TOTW as is brings back a lot of happy memories of hours me and my brother spent playing with our collection, cheers Lars :D :D

apack7229

Sith Lord
Here's mine. When I got it the battery compartment was very corroded and the rear leg was messed up. Got it fixed and works fine now. Also came with an r2.

Attachments

• D66D3450-06B2-4CBC-BE7E-FC346A0A68CE.jpeg
    D66D3450-06B2-4CBC-BE7E-FC346A0A68CE.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,542

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
apack7229 said:
Here's mine. When I got it the battery compartment was very corroded and the rear leg was messed up. Got it fixed and works fine now. Also came with an r2.
Well done on fixing it. Did you need to replace or repair any parts to get the landing gear working, or was it something you could fix without that? Either way, it looks pretty good now :)

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Lars please tell me to take this down if you feel its not appropriate but I've had this photo for ages and never got around to posting it.

I was in the Olympic park in Seoul a few years ago which is full of sculptures from various artists and found this, take a close look at his head and legs!

DSC03516.JPG

Its bronze so I assume the artist used a shell to create the cast and since the Olympics there was in 1988 and the sculptures would have been commissioned a year or two before, its probably safe to say this Y-Wing was taken from a clearance bin to make the sculpture - can you spot the Kay Bee sticker Carl!
It was great seeing vintage in such a prominent place but no one there had a clue why I was so excited.

apack7229

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
Well done on fixing it. Did you need to replace or repair any parts to get the landing gear working, or was it something you could fix without that? Either way, it looks pretty good now :)

Thanks I didn't have to replace or repair anything luckily. All I had to do was re sync the gears inside and use a lot of vinegar on the battery terminals.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
apack7229 said:

I did not know you also fixed star wars toy :shock: :lol: Normally you show them with missing heads, legs and other parts :D

But great work mate, It looks awesome, what a beauty :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Clarkspie&chips said:
Lars please tell me to take this down if you feel its not appropriate but I've had this photo for ages and never got around to posting it.

I was in the Olympic park in Seoul a few years ago which is full of sculptures from various artists and found this, take a close look at his head and legs!

DSC03516.JPG

Its bronze so I assume the artist used a shell to create the cast and since the Olympics there was in 1988 and the sculptures would have been commissioned a year or two before, its probably safe to say this Y-Wing was taken from a clearance bin to make the sculpture - can you spot the Kay Bee sticker Carl!
It was great seeing vintage in such a prominent place but no one there had a clue why I was so excited.

No problem mate, looks like Y-Wing parts, maybe he is a star wars fan the guy or girl that made it :shock:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Here is my Y-Wing Fighter collection.

1st. my childhood Y-Wing fighter, in 95 I gave it to my little brother and he was not so careful with it. It got damaged. In 2001 I bought my childhood collection back from him and started to collect as an adult. I had to fix it again so the parts that was broken I replaced with parts from another damaged Y-Wing that I picked up in a lot. The box also came from that lot with sticker sheet, instruction, commercial etc. etc.

I am not sure that it is the correct box, my big brother bought it in the 80s and gave it to me, I never saw the box but I remember there also was a tri-logo poster with the Y-Wing so maybe this Y-Wing came from a Bi-logo box or a Tri-logo box :? I still have the poster from my childhood :D

P1170364.JPG

P1170366.JPG

P1170368.JPG

P1170371.JPG

P1170372.JPG

P1170373.JPG

P1170374.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom