Vectis 25th September

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Looks like a good selection of items... I have to confess I haven't seen this Vader helmet store display before - is this correctly described as vintage? Any one know this item? https://www.vectis.co.uk/star-wars-large-vintage-darth-vader-head-store-display_726542?records_per_page=24&page_num=18

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
Looks like a good selection of items... I have to confess I haven't seen this Vader helmet store display before - is this correctly described as vintage? Any one know this item? https://www.vectis.co.uk/star-wars-large-vintage-darth-vader-head-store-display_726542?records_per_page=24&page_num=18

Not vintage as we'd describe it. I had one of these back in the mid 90s. My Dad randomly picked it up at an engineering trade show for me. There was a company demonstrating their vacuum forming machines and had this Vader as a buck mould. Why they had it I don't know. Maybe they had been producing them for some sort of store display. Actually, come to think of it, I seem to remember these Vader heads being used as part of a store display in Toys R Us (RIP) back in the 90s, during the POTF2 era.

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
TK-7785 said:
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:

Not vintage as we'd describe it. I had one of these back in the mid 90s. My Dad randomly picked it up at an engineering trade show for me. There was a company demonstrating their vacuum forming machines and had this Vader as a buck mould. Why they had it I don't know. Maybe they had been producing them for some sort of store display. Actually, come to think of it, I seem to remember these Vader heads being used as part of a store display in Toys R Us (RIP) back in the 90s, during the POTF2 era.

I think this could be correct regarding ToysRus although i have one too but have no recollection how i acquired it.
I've also seen a yellow version in the past.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
POTF Anakin Skywalker. :shock: Estimate £2000 to £3000, yeah right!

Can't wait for this. :)

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:

These were around in the early 90's and not vintage in the sense they were used as an official display. I had a couple that I acquired at one of Jasons shows, think it was Cheshunt, in a trade. The chap told me the were part of a petrol brand promotion and had no reason to doubt him at the time.With no internet, there was no way of double checking stuff like this and SW collecting was still in it's infancy so new stuff was being discovered almost weekly.

However, these things started popping up all over the place, literally dozens of them at various shows all over the country. It was clear these were churned out recently. I don't know for sure if these were intended to scam or just something that were manufactured as test pieces that were never used. I've never seen them as part of an official display and have seen them in different colours, although this is the first one I've seen for a few years.

The odd thing is the size and scale of it - that Vader sculpture was massive in order to vac form at that size. Such a strange thing to pass off as original.

They're certainly an oddity.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Well this is a far better selection of vintage Star Wars than in Vectis' last auction! Some really lovely pieces here... Too bad I can't afford anything! :lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Ooh exciting... loads of great stuff... and 6 x debut Kenner 20B MOCs. Can't see them staying below their auction estimates. Anyone know whose collection it is up for sale?

I reckon they will go for £800+ each, all look very mint as well.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Thanks for the extra info on the 'vintage' Vader bust.... think i'll be giving that one a miss!

R5 Revenge proof card there for Rich and the other R5 focus collectors to battle over.

Lindo

Sith Lord
lots of nice stuff, lots of stuff will be expensive too, shame I just sold everything to buy a house cause now I want to buy some of that, liking vintage sucks ass :x

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
That Han blaster is beautiful, someones going to add a stunner to their collection, hopefully goes to someone on here.

punk_pat

Jedi Knight
Great auction

Nothing particularly thigh rubbing for me but lots and lots of good quality items there. Love all the Clippers.

Is that the DV/Chewie miscard that people were questioning whether it was a TT creation?!

olisuds

Sith Lord
punk_pat said:
Is that the DV/Chewie miscard that people were questioning whether it was a TT creation?!

I had been wondering that one myself? Keen to hear some thoughts on it.

punk_pat

Jedi Knight
olisuds said:
punk_pat said:

I had been wondering that one myself? Keen to hear some thoughts on it.

I'm pretty sure it is. And the more I look at it, the more it looks like it may be! The condition is too nice.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
It is in very good condition, and so rings alarm bells, but if it was a TT then would you not have expeced the bubble to be more central to the coloured part of the card back?
I see that the LOT has now been withdrawn!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm a Vectus virgin, but going to have a go this time. I remember reading about people waiting ages for their items to arrive. Doesn't bother me but just wandering how long the items usually take and what are the postage fees like?

Also do you have to pay commission to Vectus on top of the hammer price?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom