Pomse2001

Grand Master
Micro collection - Death Star Escape:

01.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:
One of my favourites and I think the first set I bought

DeathStarEscape1.jpgDeathStarEscape2.jpg~original.jpgDeathStarEscape8.jpg~original.jpgDeathStarEscape9.jpg~original.jpgDeathStarEscape10.jpg~original.jpg

Thanks andy for sharing pictures of that fantastic playset you have 8) the cannon does it look like the cannon on the 3 3/4 kenner death star ?

spoons

Grand Master
Pomse2001 said:
spoons said:

DeathStarEscape1.jpgDeathStarEscape2.jpg~original.jpgDeathStarEscape8.jpg~original.jpgDeathStarEscape9.jpg~original.jpgDeathStarEscape10.jpg~original.jpg

Thanks andy for sharing pictures of that fantastic playset you have 8) the cannon does it look like the cannon on the 3 3/4 kenner death star ?

no problemm Lars, and yes the canon is a close match. i suppose they didn't really have a screen verison to work from

Palifan

Sith Lord
Great set and I have a loose one that I gave to my boy as well as the DS world set for me. My son loves playing with these micro collection series and I must put mine out on display at some point.

Ian

spoons

Grand Master
Palifan said:
Great set and I have a loose one that I gave to my boy as well as the DS world set for me. My son loves playing with these micro collection series and I must put mine out on display at some point.

Ian

A set for my kids is what got me into them. With them interlocking you can keep adding sets to your son's collection :mrgreen:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Were these only available in the US, or where they available in other territories?
Does anyone know why these were not released in the UK?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Great set, Andy! Thanks for posting.

As for why they weren't released over here (at least I think they weren't; I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong!), I don't know the answer, but I do know the line failed to perform to Kenner's expectations / hopes, so it's possible that affected the decision, especially if they were 'trialing' them in the US first. According to Sansweet's 'Star Wars: From Concept to Screen to Collectible', the line failed due to kids not liking the pre-posed figures which limited playability, and many parents resented what they saw as attempt to get them to buy new toys that weren't compatible with all the others they'd already shelled out for.

lejackal

Grand Master
There's also a mail away version.....pic from the interweb:

Attachments

• 7C3A9613-C200-43F9-B12F-873F524C38B8.jpeg
    7C3A9613-C200-43F9-B12F-873F524C38B8.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 938

lejackal

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Parents resented what they saw as attempt to get them to buy new toys that weren't compatible with all the others they'd already shelled out for.
This annoys me today with my kids toys - just make one scale and make all track interchangeable, I don't need 17 different tracks for different bloody car/train sets!! :evil:

spoons

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
What's your favourite micro collection set guys?

Bespin Freeze Chamber is my favourite but I still need a boxed one, the kids have one but I don't :(

The carbon freeze is a fantastic play feature

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:
Pomse2001 said:
spoons said:

no problemm Lars, and yes the canon is a close match. i suppose they didn't really have a screen verison to work from

I think you are right about that :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom