Stormy in the wild

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
My wife dropped into a brick a brac shop today and picked this up ( :lol: actually a Father's Day present for tomorrow from my Goldie retriever :lol: ...how much do I love my Mrs! 8)

So is this a soft torso no coo /trii/ PBP

Has the level bobble on knee, 4 squares on ches and horizontals, narrow mouth and sharp defined squares on arms

Variant officianados what do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_3078.JPG
    IMG_3078.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 923
  • IMG_3080.JPG
    IMG_3080.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 923
  • IMG_3081.JPG
    IMG_3081.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 918
  • IMG_3082.JPG
    IMG_3082.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 923
  • IMG_3083.JPG
    IMG_3083.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 918

subzero

Sith Lord
When I read the title I was thinking "why is someone posting about how stormy it is outside?" :lol:

Congrats on the gift, your retriever is a real keeper! :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Congratulations michael with that new stormie to your collection. Nice to see that your wife is buying star wars to you :wink:

Between variant collectors it is called a tri-logo or euro variant because it can be found on tri-logo cards.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Thanks Lars, nice to know what the variant is, but I do not think I will be tempted to the dark side of variant collecting anytime soon.
It is really absorbing once you start to delve into variants and very stressful I would imagine :lol:

My wife described some figures the shop had, seems he had, Gam guard, B wing pilot, Leia Hoth, Dengar, and a few others that descriptions were vague (little Monkey type figure :eek: presume Yoda :lol: ) need to send her back :lol:

chewbaccadave

Jedi Knight
Michael Sith said:
Thanks Lars, nice to know what the variant is, but I do not think I will be tempted to the dark side of variant collecting anytime soon.
It is really absorbing once you start to delve into variants and very stressful I would imagine :lol:

My wife described some figures the shop had, seems he had, Gam guard, B wing pilot, Leia Hoth, Dengar, and a few others that descriptions were vague (little Monkey type figure :eek: presume Yoda :lol: ) need to send her back :lol:

I think this may be the "little monkey",cheers Dave.
crumb.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Michael Sith said:

Michael, the force is much stronger on the dark side :wink: :lol: but I agree it is absorbing and it takes a ****ing lot of time, not stressful just a lot of time :lol:

Send her back to the shop :wink: :lol: monkey type figure, don't worry my girlfriend also have some strange names for my figures :lol:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
chewbaccadave said:
Michael Sith said:

I think this may be the "little monkey",cheers Dave.
crumb.jpg

:lol: turned out it was a beater Yoda not a Salacious.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Michael Sith said:
Yes won't be going to the Dark side of variant collecting...swearing again Lars :eek:

Sorry michael about the swearing, it must be the dark side :lol: I am sure sooner or later you will come over to dark side my friend and I will wait for you :wink: :lol:

subzero

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Michael Sith said:
Yes won't be going to the Dark side of variant collecting...swearing again Lars :eek:

Sorry michael about the swearing, it must be the dark side :lol: I am sure sooner or later you will come over to dark side my friend and I will wait for you :wink: :lol:

This is not going to go the way you think. :lol:

Oracle

Padawan
What a great gift and very nice condition - lucky man!

Have you had any luck cleaning the red from the legs? Any idea what it is?
I have a Trilogo stormtrooper that has a similar red discoloration on its legs - I thought it happened in storage with colour transfer from my snaggletooth, but I can't be sure.
Am interested if you have any luck in cleaning it - wet wipes/water has not worked for me.

Attachments

• DSCF3094.JPG
    DSCF3094.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 774

Pomse2001

Grand Master
subzero said:
Pomse2001 said:
Michael Sith said:

This is not going to go the way you think. :lol:

:lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Oracle said:

I have a Trilogo stormtrooper that has a similar red discoloration on its legs - I thought it happened in storage with colour transfer from my snaggletooth, but I can't be sure.
Am interested if you have any luck in cleaning it - wet wipes/water has not worked for me.

I also have found a few with red and other colors, I think it is Tusch. Sometimes they can be removed with alcohol or turpentine I have also used a gasoline product but I do not know the english word for it :?

Oracle

Padawan
Pomse2001 said:
Oracle said:

I also have found a few with red and other colors, I think it is Tusch. Sometimes they can be removed with alcohol or turpentine I have also used a gasoline product but I do not know the english word for it :?

What is Tusch?

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Oracle said:

Haven't had a go at it as yet, but There are a number of options that have been discussed on here over time, I'm sure there was a thread, which I can't find, that advised acne cream, I know t sounds odd, but it's down to the chemical in the cream, but you always have to be careful with chemicals.

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Michael Sith said:
Haven't had a go at it as yet, but There are a number of options that have been discussed on here over time, I'm sure there was a thread, which I can't find, that advised acne cream, I know t sounds odd, but it's down to the chemical in the cream, but you always have to be careful with chemicals.

OXY-10 zit cream is used in the vintage Action Man community to remove staining from AM heads, with some success.
May be worth a go in this instance.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom