SWTOTW, Week 23, 2018, Part 2/2 Kea Moll

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Kea Moll:

Kea.jpg

I never had any of this Droids figures when I was a kid in the 80s. I never saw them for sale in my country :(

In the early 00 I bought my Kea Moll items for my collection :D
Sorry about the bad picture of the moc, it is an old pictures I have taken 10 years ago.

02.JPG

01.jpg

03.jpg

Rich200

Padawan
Not too many female characters in vintage Star Wars so have always really liked the Droids Kea Moll. Great card art aswell, what is the headless alien all about ?

5F301801-0FC7-451A-B03F-E17A299DF122.jpeg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Rich200 said:
Not too many female characters in vintage Star Wars so have always really liked the Droids Kea Moll. Great card art aswell, what is the headless alien all about ?

thanks for sharing your Kea Moll collection, I really love that stand for the coin, it looks awesome how you display that coin, the other items looks also awesome 8)

Here is a link about the guy with no head, I do not know much more about it http://blog.theswca.com/2015/11/how-star-wars-figures-are-made-birth-of.html

spoons

Grand Master
Good to see some photos on this thread. Another one I'd have struggled to visualise

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:
Good to see some photos on this thread. Another one I'd have struggled to visualise

Yes it is great to see some more pictures and that I am not the only one to have that figure on the forum :D

Maybe we get lucky that some more pictures will be added to the thread later, maybe a canadian or a glasslite Kea Moll 8)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes, nice to see some examples of this as I don't collect Droids figures. Having said that, I must say that figure's a seriously unflattering likeness of the character! Kenner have made the poor girl look more like Porkins! :lol:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
Yes, nice to see some examples of this as I don't collect Droids figures. Having said that, I must say that figure's a seriously unflattering likeness of the character! Kenner have made the poor girl look more like Porkins! :lol:
Now I was going to mention this, but thought better of it, but as it's now out there...
I've always thought the figure bears very little resemblance to the figure on the card, maybe it was sculpted by someone that likes his women on the larger side :? :roll:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Snaketibe said:
Now I was going to mention this, but thought better of it, but as it's now out there...
I've always thought the figure bears very little resemblance to the figure on the card, maybe it was sculpted by someone that likes his women on the larger side :? :roll:
Or maybe it was sculpted by someone who walks with a white stick and guide dog :lol: . It's almost like they sculpted the head shape, then turned it upside down before adding the features. It looks absolutely NOTHING like her!

I know most vintage figures are pretty poor likenesses of their characters, but I think this may well be one of the very worst! Do you think Kenner re-purposed another sculpt they had lying around, like with the 'Robin Hood Prince of Thieves' Friar Tuck figure, which shamelessly has the Gamorrean Guard's body under his habit? :lol:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I really don't want to be disrespectful to other people's collection/figures, but this one really is poor, in what I personally think is a line that has some really good sculpts.
This link http://blog.theswca.com/2015/11/how-star-wars-figures-are-made-birth-of.html I think shows that the figure is an original sculpt.
I just don't know how it got past quality control, the card art girl would "turn heads" the toy figure girl would "turn stomachs". :lol:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Sorry, I should of course have made it crystal clear that I am just having a laugh at the sculpt and in no way whatsoever am I trying to criticise either owners of this figure or those who like it.

Kenner's quality control was often sorely lacking at times in the vintage line; look at Hammerhead, Greedo and Walrus Man's clothing for starters, none of which in any way looks like what they wore in the film, and don't even get me started on Snaggletooth! First they sculpt him in blue and at the wrong height, and then when they do 'correct' him, he's from the bloody Holiday Special!

Anyway, with apologies to anyone that owns or likes Kea Moll, I'm not criticising you or your taste, just Kenner's lousy sculptors 'back in the day' who apparently had never seen a woman before ;-)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
As above no disrespect to owners/lovers of this figure, just a bit of mid week banter. :wink:

Rich200

Padawan
Pomse2001 said:
Rich200 said:

thanks for sharing your Kea Moll collection, I really love that stand for the coin, it looks awesome how you display that coin, the other items looks also awesome 8)

Here is a link about the guy with no head, I do not know much more about it http://blog.theswca.com/2015/11/how-star-wars-figures-are-made-birth-of.html

Coin holder & stand from Mr Sanderson. Thanks for the link, an interesting read.

With regards to the sculp i have always thought it was very good for Kea Moll and the whole Droids line for that matter. In hand Kea appears quite slender to me and not the chunk suggested :lol:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Rich200 said:
Pomse2001 said:
Rich200 said:

Coin holder & stand from Mr Sanderson. Thanks for the link, an interesting read.

With regards to the sculp i have always thought it was very good for Kea Moll and the whole Droids line for that matter. In hand Kea appears quite slender to me and not the chunk suggested :lol:
In fairness to me, I was referring to the head sculpt rather than the body ;-)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Rich200 said:
Pomse2001 said:
Rich200 said:

Thanks about the info for the the coin holder :D I must say the head on kea moll looks to fat on the figure than she is on the picture and in the cartoon, the hand could also be better, it is not easy to put the blaster in her hand. But I still like the droids figures and I think it is sad that they only made a few figures and vehicles.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom