SWTOTW, Week 21, 2018, Part 1/2 Creature Set

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Creature Set:

cantina.jpg

In the early 00 when I started to collect star wars as an adult I learned about this cool set, there are 4 and I only miss one before that part of my collection is complete. The Creature set from the cantina is really cool, but I guess they were not a succes since they only made 4 :?
Here is a picture of my set, sorry for the bad picture, it is an old picture and I hope that I can soon get my star wars items out again for some better pictures when the constructors are done in my home.

01.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes, each set came with a different backdrop.

In the interests of clarity, I think it's worth pointing out for those who don't know or realise, that this set is actually part of the 'Special Action Figure Set' series that Kenner released, and which these days are quite sought-after and very pricey. As far as I know, the figures in each set are identical to the carded versions, but of course the backdrop and packaging are unique.

I don't collect these sets myself, however to help anyone unfamiliar with them, here's a quick image grabbed from Google so everyone knows what we're talking about:

Special Action Figure Set - Creature Set 01.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:
Very nice Lars. Was the back drop part of the set?

Hi andy, yes the backdrop was part of the set :D as Snaketibe write in the next post there was 4 set, I would say one of them is ****ing hard to find and that is the one I miss :cry:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I think that according to my memories there are 16 of these three packs, and most if not all are "fu*king hard to get" as you put it! :lol:
These change hands for many £1000's, and are difficult to find yet alone afford!
I don't expect there will be many putting pictures of these set up!
On another note, well done in still putting this thread up each week, throughly enjoying it, thanks. :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
I think that according to my memories there are 16 of these three packs, and most if not all are "fu*king hard to get" as you put it! :lol:
These change hands for many £1000's, and are difficult to find yet alone afford!
I don't expect there will be many putting pictures of these set up!
On another note, well done in still putting this thread up each week, throughly enjoying it, thanks. :wink:

I am not sure about how many packs there is :? but I know there are only 4 packs with backdrops and the backdrop from the hero set is ****ing hard to find :(

I think you are right, not many will add pictures in this thread. But there is still one or 2 threads that have no pictures yet :( Maybe they will get pictures later :? Your welcome, I am glad that you like the threads :wink: I have been a little busy this week so both threads for this week will be saturday and sunday, sorry about that.

spoons

Grand Master
Pomse2001 said:
spoons said:

Hi andy, yes the backdrop was part of the set :D as Snaketibe write in the next post there was 4 set, I would say one of them is ****ing hard to find and that is the one I miss :cry:

Thanks Lars, I've been after the Hoth Rebels set for a long time but was unaware of any backdrops with the other sets

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
spoons said:
Pomse2001 said:
spoons said:

Thanks Lars, I've been after the Hoth Rebels set for a long time but was unaware of any backdrops with the other sets
I'm sure that you are right, 4 sets came with the back drops.
Yours is in great condition, very difficult to come by!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
spoons said:
Pomse2001 said:

I believe you are correct in saying there are 16 in total; 7 from Star Wars and 9 from Empire. The SWCA has a nice group photo of all of them here:

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=43766

Also, I am grateful to this thread and its posters as I have learned something new, in that I didn't realise that only the first 4 sets came with backdrops, so thanks for the education :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:
Pomse2001 said:
spoons said:

I am glad to help, looks like we all learn something in this threads :D I guess all star wars items with special offer had some nice extra items with them :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
spoons said:
Pomse2001 said:

Thanks for the kind words :D I would not say it is perfect but it is good enough for me :D Any idea why there was only 4 cards with special offer out of 16 ? :?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Mini99 said:
spoons said:
I believe you are correct in saying there are 16 in total; 7 from Star Wars and 9 from Empire. The SWCA has a nice group photo of all of them here:

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=43766

Also, I am grateful to this thread and its posters as I have learned something new, in that I didn't realise that only the first 4 sets came with backdrops, so thanks for the education :)

Thanks for the link 8) I am surprised that the is special offer stickers on many of the moc, any idea why ? :?

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Hi Lars, I think that the Vintage Rebellion had this subject covered in ep3.
They had a great interview with a 3 pack collector, who's name escapes me.
Might be worth a catch up listern.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
Hi Lars, I think that the Vintage Rebellion had this subject covered in ep3.
They had a great interview with a 3 pack collector, who's name escapes me.
Might be worth a catch up listern.

thanks :wink: I have never heard them, I must admit I do not know how it works :?

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
If you search for the Vintage Rebellion in pod cast's in Itunes and then down load the episodes you want to listern to.
I believe that you can also listen to them via another medium than Apple pod cast, but don't use this method so can't advise.
It's a good listern, made by guys from this Forum, it's their fault that I'm back into this hobby again after 20 years out of it!
Can't recommend it enough, hive it a go, I'm sure you will be hooked. :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
If you search for the Vintage Rebellion in pod cast's in Itunes and then down load the episodes you want to listern to.
I believe that you can also listen to them via another medium than Apple pod cast, but don't use this method so can't advise.
It's a good listern, made by guys from this Forum, it's their fault that I'm back into this hobby again after 20 years out of it!

do I need a special program to play the files ? :?

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Mini99 said:

do I need a special program to play the files ? :?
If using an Apple device, no you don't.
It will play using the Pod cast app.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom