being organised.....

poncho

Grand Master
ive vintage here there and everywhere in random boxes around the house and my parents house.

now that i dont actively collect much these days.

im dabbling in the idea of tidying it up seeing what i have. do an inventory maybe what to display and downsize etc etc.

where to begin?........mmmmm

TK-7785

Jedi Master
I'd like to offer my services. I can sort it all out for you, no hassle. All you need to do is send it all to me. :twisted:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I have a spreadsheet to keep track of everything. It has a few uses:

1) Values for insurance
2) Keep track of spending
3) It's stored in Google Docs so I can use it while out and about (eg at Farthest From) to check if I already have it or need an upgrade

I think once you get over 100 MOCs, loose figures or whatever you collect you need some way of keeping track of what you have, it's impossible to remember all the different cardbacks or COOs etc. Definitely worth doing :)

Hooch

Jedi Knight
I have all my stuff in one room but in no way is it organized. I have piles stacked up on the floor, laying down all over the shelves and in no order just yet. One day I will get that sorted
As for knowing what I have? I don't really collect variants so that make it simple for me. I know what I don't have so just concentrate on that

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Here's a screenshot of my spreadsheet if it helps. As you can see there are tabs along the bottom for the different categories. I document when I bought things, how much I paid, and if I later sold them how much for and for what profit (I use this to justify big purchases to myself :lol: ) I have also recently added a 'value' column which is my personal (and conservative) opinion of what they are now worth as prices have obviously gone up considerably over the last few years so in some cases what I paid isn't that useful.

Star-Wars-Collection-xlsx---Google-Drive.png

poncho

Grand Master
thanks edd. i think a spread sheet will help for sure. i think the current value is a good idea if anything were to happen to me the mrs will know whats what and there actual worth :lol:

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
I kind of had a similar thing, my childhood collection was in the loft for years and then when I went to college in 99 I got back into the hobby and started collecting again not knowing what was in the loft. probably picked up another 50 odd figures before I eventually got the rest down from the loft.

was a lot of fun to refresh myself with what I originally had, what upgrades I could make and how many doubles I had left to trade with

unfortunately those doubles eventually went to toy toni but I did manage to get some nice figures for them including a luke endor

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
pizzathehutt said:
unfortunately those doubles eventually went to toy toni

Don't worry you can probably buy them back carded :lol:

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I have a spread sheet similar to Edd. I've also just started using the portfolio section of the Star Wars Tracker app.

It enables me to:
- add photos (which can help as proof for insurance claims as you can add as many as you like including a sheet with your name and date next to figure, or even a pic with you holding it)
- input price paid, additional costs such as postage, you're own valuation (as SW tracker just takes the average price and does not take Condition or rarity into value)
- input Coo, Family, accessories and condition etc

It then compares your portfolio with the prices paid against the current market average and will let you know the percentage increase or decrease in profit you have obtained. I'm having fun slowly taking pictures of my collection. So far I've only documented my ANH figures.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
I have a spread sheet similar to Edd. I've also just started using the portfolio section of the Star Wars Tracker app.

It enables me to:
- add photos (which can help as proof for insurance claims as you can add as many as you like including a sheet with your name and date next to figure, or even a pic with you holding it)
- input price paid, additional costs such as postage, you're own valuation (as SW tracker just takes the average price and does not take Condition or rarity into value)
- input Coo, Family, accessories and condition etc

It then compares your portfolio with the prices paid against the current market average and will let you know the percentage increase or decrease in profit you have obtained. I'm having fun slowly taking pictures of my collection. So far I've only documented my ANH figures.
I have started to do this as well, but also save to a word doc. Just incase I stop subscribing to the Tracker, which is unlikley!
I have been wondering though how secure the Tracker portfolio data is, although it's probably not worth anything to anyone?
Maybe one for Jared to answer?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom