Exclusive discount price for “The Star Wars Phenomenon in Britain” for SWFUK

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
I was overjoyed to receive a box from the USA this afternoon containing the first copy of The Star Wars Phenomenon in Britain to arrive in Great Britain.

Eurospan, the European distributor is very kindly offering members of SWFUK and The Star Wars Phenomenon in Britain book Facebook group, a 20% discount off of orders made via their website. That works out as £27.96 including shipping, which is the cheapest price that I'm aware of. I've posted the product code and link in "Off Topic" to keep it away from prying eyes. Eurospan expects to receive supplies of the book in around two week's time.

The book is very heavy. It measures 25 x 17.5 cm, contains 349 pages, over 172,500 words and is stuffed with photographs including a great many that have not been published before. The print is very small (I definitely need my glasses), so the publisher has packed as much as possible into the book. There are appendices on the complete year-by-year Star Wars releases by Palitoy and the vintage comics saga. "Star" interviews with Palitoy staff, Poster mag writers, comic producers, artists, USA and UK promotions and merchandising people. I've included SWFUK in the "resources" page and I've thanked as many people as I could remember. Some familiar names found here kindly provided quotes. There is a chance to read the beginning of the book on Amazon and Google Books.

I cannot put into words the feeling of finally receiving the actual copy of the book I worked on for so long. As I've said before, there's a decade's worth of work and lifetime's worth of fandom in the book and I hope that it shines through on the page. Exciting times indeed!

Attachments

• book actual half 5.jpg
    book actual half 5.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1,549
  • book actual half 3.jpg
    book actual half 3.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 1,541
  • book actual half 2.jpg
    book actual half 2.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,543
  • book actual half.jpg
    book actual half.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 1,545

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Wow it looks like a meaty book! Congratulations and thanks for the offer :)

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Great news mate and thanks for organising the discount... Copy ordered!

Fishtalk

Jedi Knight
I downloaded it last week onto my tablet, but will still pick up an actual copy. So far it's been a cracking read, kudos to Craig for the research and time and effort this must have taken. Best of luck with the book.

Paullaura

Padawan
Looking forward to reading this. Didnt realise you were in Whitby.

Are you from there originally? Thats where im from.

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
Paullaura said:
Looking forward to reading this. Didnt realise you were in Whitby.

Are you from there originally? Thats where im from.

I grew up in Collier Row, Greater London (you could say Essex) then moved to Croydon and then to Whitby a couple of years ago. We'll have to meet up for a couple of jars.

Thanks to everyone who's posted messages on this thread. It really means a lot.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Congratulations on finally getting the book together, will be ordering next week.
Thanks for organising the discount, much appreciated.

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
Thanks for all of the positive comments everyone. The book is now available in the UK and the USA. The discounted price via Eurospan is still the cheapest price that I'm aware of.

The reaction has been overwhelmingly positive, including some great reviews. It feels like a great payback for all of the work I put into it.

If people have read and enjoyed the book, it would be a huge favour if they could post reviews on Amazon, Google Books, WH Smith, etc.

My greatest thanks in advance!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Amazing for you Craig and looks like a fantastic job you have done. Will definitely purchase a copy in due course.

Congratulations!

spoons

Grand Master
Mine arrived today - looks great and very much looking forward to getting stuck in

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Received mine last week and enjoying it so far - my parents came up at the weekend - saw the book, took a shine to it and unfortunately nicked it, so now I've had to order another one. Well worth it though.

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
Really good to hear that you enjoyed the book up until the point your parents took it off of your hands. You are pictured within, so I can understand why they'd be so interested. A bit rough though if you're part way through the story!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom