ROTJ MOC questions

Sav78

Youngling
Hi everyone, I apologize in advance for the simplicity of these questions but I'm still finding my way around the vintage collecting world.

Here goes:
1. How come some Palitoy rotj cardbacks have rotj logos that are raised higher, almost up to the hanger, leaving a black space below?

2. Can you buy Palitoy rotj mocs with the confidence that they are originals if a waffle pattern appears to be present?

3. When did tri logos replace rotj original cardbacks in Uk shops, or was it generally a case that both were still on sale at the same time? The reason being that I think I got the originals as a kid, but maybe not.

Thanks

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Hi sav78, question 3, Jedi cards and Tri-logos were in the shops at the same time, I remember. Not sure exactly when Tryi-logos first hit the shelves though.

Hooch

Jedi Knight
Hey Sav
As for your question number 2 about bubble seals it might be best to have a bit of a read through this site about Palitoys
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy/
It covers them all, Sw through to Rotj and will give you a good idea of what to look out for on the different bubble types used

tigerham

Sith Lord
Sav78 said:
Hi everyone, I apologize in advance for the simplicity of these questions but I'm still finding my way around the vintage collecting world.

Here goes:
1. How come some Palitoy rotj cardbacks have rotj logos that are raised higher, almost up to the hanger, leaving a black space below?

2. Can you buy Palitoy rotj mocs with the confidence that they are originals if a waffle pattern appears to be present?

3. When did tri logos replace rotj original cardbacks in Uk shops, or was it generally a case that both were still on sale at the same time? The reason being that I think I got the originals as a kid, but maybe not.

Thanks

I was asking the same questions as I collect the Palitoy's with the raised logo and black bar beneath. They are the 65 backs A, B and C.

I think the waffle pattern came with the Kenners but don't quote me on that.

Also, not all the figures are available on the Palitoy 65bk A, B and C's as either they did not produce them or they are very hard to find, if at all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom