Cast lead vintage weapons

Somethingsburnin

Youngling
Hi All!

Hope everyone is well!

Came across these today, forgot I had them, they are cast lead vintage weapons.

Does anybody know anything about them?
Who made them? Are they worth anything? Etc

Thanks in advance!

Lee

Attachments

• DSC_1876.JPG
    DSC_1876.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 1,122
  • DSC_1877.JPG
    DSC_1877.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 1,125
  • DSC_1880.JPG
    DSC_1880.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 1,123

TrooperWill

Padawan
there a handful in the repro category on TIG, but not that many, I have never seen most of those, which would suggest someone made them themselves, or its a rare pre production item, such as for making the moulds or photographing for advertising ect. but I know nothing about such things so don't quote me.

subzero

Sith Lord
They're literally worth their weight in lead. :?

But those cards right there to me look like 'first off' or 'last off' master samples from a factory, they remind me of what I used to see working as a quality inspector where you had samples stuck to boards on the wall next to the production machines and in the inspection office, where workers could compare the products to them for profile and shape etc.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Yep, old lead reproduction weapons from the 90s. I've seen that display (or one very similar) somewhere before, but I can't remember where. Were they used at toy fairs?

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
peekaygee73 said:
Yep, old lead reproduction weapons from the 90s. I've seen that display (or one very similar) somewhere before, but I can't remember where. Were they used at toy fairs?
Thanks for jogging my memory!
I know that I had seen these before and I'm sure your right.
I'd swear that I remember seeing this on a stall around the early 90s.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Funnily enough I was just going through a bunch of figures that I'd bought in a junky job lot a while back, and they look very much untouched since the olden days... but it does include a single lead Imperial Blaster. I get the feeling that these lead weapons preceded the plastic repro time wise.

They are obviously reproductions but I look rather more kindly on the lead weapons as there is no confusing them with genuine - that's the way all repro should have been done.

In the 80s I was a Dungeons and Dragons kid and we made our own lead figurines, of dwarves, orcs, etc It was quite common to do so back then if you played RPGs. It could be that some of these lead weapons were made actually during the vintage era.

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
Believe it or not they even made a lead Amanaman reproduction staff. It's the only one I have ever come across.

Attachments

• 20170426_213430.jpg
    20170426_213430.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 949

subzero

Sith Lord
I got a lead Jawa blaster once among a joblot of loose figures, twisted it in half and binned it. :lol:

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Those Amanaman staffs were hilarious - getting him to stand up whilst holding a lead staff weighing more than the figure was a fine art.

TrooperWill

Padawan
its interesting that not all of them are on TIG, only about half, if they were well known in the nineties. at least they are obvious placeholders, and not intended to deceive new and unwary collectors like todays repro filth.

Crumm

Padawan
Got me a lead Yoda Cane around 1994 when I bought some vintage figures at a car boot sale. I couldn't believe it when I thought "this feels heavy", then the paint peeled off! Naturally, the guy was never at the boot sale again after that!

The lead stuff has been around a long time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom