Cardback oddities/hybrids?

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Hey guys,

I recently acquired these two cardbacks as part of a lot and noticed some unusual details I'd not come across before. It'd be great is anyone can shed some light on these for me.

First up is a Palitoy Greedo cardback with a pre tri-logo front and post tri-logo back. I'm assuming this is some sort of transitional cardback?
DSCF9251.jpg

DSCF9252.jpg

Next up is what looks like a standard Kenner ROTJ 77 back, but the dull nature and print quality of the back itself looks out of place with a standard Kenner 77 back, or any other Kenner back for that matter. Then I noticed the 'Made In Spain' text at the bottom. So where these put together by PBP for the Euro or US Market perhaps? I did also get a Walrus Man in the lot which looks to have the PBP qualities; "white" tusks, darker blue limbs, shiny black boots and the removed COO with remaining '1'. But I couldn't say for certain he came off that cardback.
DSCF9251-2.jpg

DSCF9252-2.jpg

DSCF9253.jpg

Cheers
Chris

subzero

Sith Lord
There are only theories and nothing concrete about why the hybrids were released, but this explains the theory a little...

http://trilogo.info/features/collect-all-70/

I really wish Greedo was released as a proper full trilogo cardback, i'd love one of those in my collection. :(

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Greedo is a Tri-logo Hybrid cardback

Walrus man is a kenner cardback made in spain and sold with a PBP figure :wink:

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I've seen Kenner Made In Mexico"s with a rough, almost dull, print on the rear too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom