Vinyl cape jawa HELP ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi guys, my first thought is that this jawa is a cut kenobi cape. But is this the toltoys vinyl cape or just a kenobi cape ? :? Just so I do not buy a cut cape :lol: Seller write that it is original and the very rare dark cape :?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

subzero

Sith Lord
Well i'm no expert on Toltoys vinyl capes or Toltoys VCJ COO's, but the first things i'm noticing is the arm holes look way too big, they should be a snug fit. And on Toltoys Jawa figures there is usually some degradation in the plastic especially more noticeable in the legs, with 'liver spots' and faded colour.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Also, with a TT VCJ there is discoloration on the figure itself. Kind of sun spots (or discolouration spots). The cape tends to be a richer red than the Ben cape too. (I used to own one so remember it well.)

toltoys-esb-vcjawa-2.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
tigerham said:
Also, with a TT VCJ there is discoloration on the figure itself. Kind of sun spots (or discolouration spots). The cape tends to be a richer red than the Ben cape too. (I used to own one so remember it well.)

toltoys-esb-vcjawa-2.jpg

Thanks, yes I can see yours is more red 8) Sorry to read you do not have it anymore :(

tigerham

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
tigerham said:

toltoys-esb-vcjawa-2.jpg

Thanks, yes I can see yours is more red 8) Sorry to read you do not have it anymore :(

Not at all, onwards and upwards as they say. :) By the way, the ones I just posted are from the web. These were mine... :wink:

J1049x623-17487.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
tigerham said:
Pomse2001 said:
tigerham said:

toltoys-esb-vcjawa-2.jpg

Not at all, onwards and upwards as they say. :) By the way, the ones I just posted are from the web. These were mine... :wink:

J1049x623-17487.jpg

oh nice, they look awesome 8) why 3 capes, is there 3 different capes ?

subzero

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
tigerham said:
Pomse2001 said:

J1049x623-17487.jpg

At a guess i'm gonna say Kenner, Palitoy and Toltoys?

But I don't know if there's a way to tell the difference between a Kenner and a Palitoy? :?

tigerham

Sith Lord
subzero said:
Pomse2001 said:
tigerham said:

J1049x623-17487.jpg

But I don't know if there's a way to tell the difference between a Kenner and a Palitoy? :?

Not that I am aware of although maybe slightly different COO's on actual figure but it was One Lili Ledy, One Regular Cloth Cape, Two Kenner/Palitoy Vinyl Capes and a TolToys one. Did have six VCJ's at one point, lol.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
tigerham said:
Pomse2001 said:

J1049x623-17487.jpg

As I've mentioned somewhere else I was planning on building an army. (below a photoshopped image by myself of what I was aiming for)

J984x497-31115.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
tigerham said:
subzero said:
Pomse2001 said:

Not that I am aware of although maybe slightly different COO's on actual figure but it was One Lili Ledy, One Regular Cloth Cape, Two Kenner/Palitoy Vinyl Capes and a TolToys one. Did have six VCJ's at one point, lol.

Thanks for the info :D

tigerham

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
tigerham said:
subzero said:

Thanks for the info :D

No problem. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom