THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 45 LAUNCHED

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
art-pod.jpg

Episode 45 drops whilst the UK is covered in snow, which is fitting as the episode has a very Hoth feel.

Richard has recently been to Finse, Norway for an event based on Hoth and hosted at the filming location, this month instead of a feature interview we hear all about the trip which includes interviews with others who attended the event or presented. Some great stories of the filming era which you may or may not know but definitely worth a listen.

Stuart takes over hosting duties on Newest Acquisitions whilst Jez is at school. The team look at several items which include a Pre-production Diecast TIE-Fighter wing, a mint Return of the Jedi two pack, 12" Luke Skywalker Bespin transparency and a beaten up Luke Skywalker Model Trem. We hear from two collectors as they discuss their recent purchases, Dallas Ewen discusses his Grubee exclusive cups which were only available in food outlets around Winnipeg, Canada and Blake Bundy tells us about picking up his final 12 back to complete the run. Of course NA finishes with a look at one specific item, this month the lads look at the Hoth Ice Planet Adventure Set where the Vintage Alliance come up with more great information.

In a new section, Peter looks at other non action figure related Hoth items that may tickle people's fancy. Along with the top 5, Simon attempts to dazzle us with his Gimcrack but can it beat Richard's controversial entry.

Rich looks at a range of topics during Rebel Briefings, from the current collecting climate including asking whether POTF MOCs were sold in the UK and whether current eBay practices are ethical. This is balanced out with an update to Brian Angel's quest and some more news of great fundraising ventures.

With Peter undergoing a new section, Simon jumps in to reinvent the Market segment, during this element Simon takes a look at the market place from eBay to auction houses, plus takes a look at current AT-AT prices, has this huge piece become the flavour of the month???

The podcast is filled with so much more, from the usual quiz to Richard trying to dig himself out of a Detolf hole, it's all here. Hey, even Jez drops by to give us a Running Stormtrooper update!!!

Enjoy the show!

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Can't wait to hear about the beast from the north east's Hoth adventure! Downloading now!

Taffius

Sith Lord
Downloaded ready for listening. Cant wait for monthly fix as going backwards through old podcasts getting aged at Ep 12! :lol:

What is it going to be like though without the awesome Jez? :lol:

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Listening now. Thanks for another great episode, lads. I'm currently loving the Norway interview with Rich - I love locations chat.

As for storing paperwork and mags, I just do so as i would circa 1983 but with slightly more care in the form of magazine files to hold the comics and poster-mags etc.

20180301_125217.jpg

My local pound-shop has provided a folder to keep the paperwork in.

20180301_125619.jpg

Also, I don't think that Kaye's Catalogue can be totally ruled out for selling POTF on the basis of their catalog pictures as these thing tended to have a photo of four random loose figures with a 'actual figures may vary' disclaimer. i agree that it's bloody unlikely though. :)

And..that eBay ponce found a novel use for that loose Falcon shell. What a chancer.

Taffius

Sith Lord
Richard_H said:
they were audio accurate I have you know. Much more so than some plonker attempting to alter what I said in the detolf intro

Detolf snob was being thought of initially but then a few started agreeing that perhaps detolfs were not a total solution as the collection goes on/ builds. I then thought what alternative display cupboards are available then espically if I want to display carded figures?

All thought provoking so will wait a bit now on my own plans for buying a detolf to see how people display items for variety.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Listening now! Quick question - during the POTF discussion somebody mentioned a Canadian POTF 2 pack with Han Carbonite in it? I can't find any info about that, links anyone?

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
At what time does the chat about the potf start ? I haven't got time to listen to it all right now but would like to listening to this bit :)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Cardbackkid said:
At what time does the chat about the potf start ? I haven't got time to listen to it all right now but would like to listening to this bit :)
Approx 1:02

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Thanks Rich! Very cool, not heard of that before. I'm guessing there are no known examples then which is a shame, would be interesting to see it.

spoons

Grand Master
Finally got round to listening to this one, interesting as ever and Rich has definitely inspired me to go to Hoth 2019. I was surprised that only one of the other lads wanted to see all the locations though, what a waste!

Coincidentally I got Alan Tomkins book Stars and Wars for Christmas, it's a good read once you get past the name dropping. Each chapter is about one of the films he worked on, he doesn't say that much about ESB so would have loved to have heard his talk. The book is well worth a read.

Minor grips are about the sound, Rich's last interview about the hotel scenes was just wind - understandable but not great listening.

I think Edd has mentioned the closing music being ear drum bursting before, but it really is much louder than the rest of the show - it was bad enough in the car but from past experience it's a killer in headphones.

The Two pack bit was odd sound too, but the appearance of Jez made up for that - no idea he was making a special appearance :lol:

Despite the gripes my 4 hr drive up north just flew by - cheers lads

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
spoons said:
Rich's last interview about the hotel scenes was just wind - understandable but not great listening.

Rich I highly recommend you guys check out this piece of software:

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/bundles/elements-suite.html

You can use it to remove wind, reverb, feedback etc

Richard_H

Grand Master
Cheers Edd,

Some of those Hoth interviews were a bit rushed as we had to change our plans. Hopefully sound issues will improve. We've lowered the audio sound again on the ending. Anyone aware of any other sound issues which are annoying? (I don't mean Jez)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom