No luck but am I being ripped off?

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
Guys I need some help asap please. Having no luck looking for a mint obi wan loose with no paint loss however someone has contacted me to say they have one with no paint loss, original cape and sabre never been opened for £125! As a relative newbie I need someone to advise if I'm being conned before I buy it? See pics he sent me please

Attachments

• IMG_9267.PNG
    IMG_9267.PNG
    207.2 KB · Views: 1,123
  • IMG_9268.PNG
    IMG_9268.PNG
    234 KB · Views: 1,119
  • IMG_9269.PNG
    IMG_9269.PNG
    164.2 KB · Views: 1,121
  • IMG_9270.PNG
    IMG_9270.PNG
    192.7 KB · Views: 1,120

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
As you can see in that photo the paint on Ben's hands is **** right out the factory on carded figures. You're wasting your time looking for a perfect one.

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
Apologies im not sure what you're saying? I won't ever get a mint loose one? Are you saying the his hands have been repainted? Is the cape and sabre repro?m

Palifan

Sith Lord
Well it's been opened and the selotape removed that was holding the bubble on and I'm also thinking that the saber is repro so I'd stay away from it.

Ian

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Alltooeasy said:
Apologies im not sure what you're saying? I won't ever get a mint loose one?

Yes. I have three carded Ben's and two baggies. And a couple of loose ones. All have crap paint on their hands like the one above.

subzero

Sith Lord
I wasn't aware of the hand paint being a known problem, I have a loose Ben with 100% perfect hand paint. 8)

*Not for sale* :wink:

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
edd_jedi said:
Alltooeasy said:
Apologies im not sure what you're saying? I won't ever get a mint loose one?

Yes. I have three carded Ben's and two baggies. And a couple of loose ones. All have crap paint on their hands like the one above.

Ok :( thanks for letting me know as I would have kept on looking for mint hands but you're right every single one I've seen has paint loss on the hands! I definitely won't buy this one then especially with that repro sabre! Im not paying over £100 for a repro!! Oh and let me know if you're interested in selling a Ben baggie to me ;)

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
And are we convinced it's repro cape and sabre guys? I've said I'll let him know tomorrow as it gives me more time to get opinions from you knowledgable legends! Also anyone able to sell a baggie or mint loose Ben can message me :)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Alltooeasy said:
Guys I need some help asap please. Having no luck looking for a mint obi wan loose with no paint loss however someone has contacted me to say they have one with no paint loss, original cape and sabre never been opened for £125! As a relative newbie I need someone to advise if I'm being conned before I buy it? See pics he sent me please
You say you're looking for a mint loose one, then declare you've been offered one which has 'never been opened' for £125. Did you realise that the carded one which had 'never been opened' had in fact been opened and resealed after all, and that the seller was 'mistaken' about that? Because if you weren't, it looks rather like you are asking for the Forum's help in buying a vintage carded figure, so that you can open it to obtain a mint loose one. Perhaps I am wrong, but that's the impression that you give.

You later ask if you can buy one in a baggie. Is your intention to open the baggie in order to obtain the mint loose one you have stated that you want? If so, you might not get too much sympathy here as opening sealed vintage items in order to obtain mint loose ones is widely disapproved of here, and is the reason why U-graded AFA figures are banned from sale on this Forum (in case you don't know what a 'U' grade is, the 'U' stand for 'Uncirculated', and was awarded by the AFA when they were sent carded figures to open and then grade).

As I say, perhaps I am wrong, but you might do well to clarify your intentions, as whilst you are perfectly entitled to do what you like with your own possessions once they are yours, you might find Forum members willing to help you open vintage sealed items quite thin on the ground.

If you really want a mint loose Obi-Wan Kenobi, can I recommend you try something called 'patience'?

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
Snaketibe said:
Alltooeasy said:
You say you're looking for a mint loose one, then declare you've been offered one which has 'never been opened' for £125. Did you realise that the carded one which had 'never been opened' had in fact been opened and resealed after all, and that the seller was 'mistaken' about that? Because if you weren't, it looks rather like you are asking for the Forum's help in buying a vintage carded figure, so that you can open it to obtain a mint loose one. Perhaps I am wrong, but that's the impression that you give.

You later ask if you can buy one in a baggie. Is your intention to open the baggie in order to obtain the mint loose one you have stated that you want? If so, you might not get too much sympathy here as opening sealed vintage items in order to obtain mint loose ones is widely disapproved of here, and is the reason why U-graded AFA figures are banned from sale on this Forum (in case you don't know what a 'U' grade is, the 'U' stand for 'Uncirculated', and was awarded by the AFA when they were sent carded figures to open and then grade).

As I say, perhaps I am wrong, but you might do well to clarify your intentions, as whilst you are perfectly entitled to do what you like with your own possessions once they are yours, you might find Forum members willing to help you open vintage sealed items quite thin on the ground.

If you really want a mint loose Obi-Wan Kenobi, can I recommend you try something called 'patience'?

Yes you are wrong but thankyou for raising the query in a polite manner. I don't have a spare £500/£1000 or so lying around for a mint carded one hence why I thought being offered one for £125 was a bargain but then I thought that can't be legit can it? I Just want a mint Ben either baggie or loose. I have bought several baggies off members on here all still sealed in my possession. I am trying to widen my chances of getting one by accepting a mint Ben either in baggie or loose version. Or by some miracle a carded one for under £100. I did get a ukg 80 one in the ukg case the other year but it had paint loss on the hands so I sold it on

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
it looks rather like you are asking for the Forum's help in buying a vintage carded figure, so that you can open it to obtain a mint loose one. Perhaps I am wrong, but that's the impression that you give.

Funny I read that the same way as you have...if he wants a mint one then wait until one comes up loose or buy a graded one and "set that one free"
Mixed messages here. :?

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
Hardly. I want a mint Ben. Ether loose/baggie or a graded one if absolutely mint. All the ones I've seen have paint loss of some sort and the genuine carded ones I've seen are out of my price range. Hardly rocket science is it

subzero

Sith Lord
Actually you can get a carded ROTJ Ben for about £120+ or even less if you're willing to wait it out and find one in average condition, but still sealed and mint.

Also yes I did read it the same that maybe you were looking to find one to open up because you couldn't find a loose one, if you say you aren't then that's fair enough, it just wasn't worded too clearly originally.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
The card looks to have been opened and resealed, you can see glue residue down the inside edge of the bubble.

Also saber looks fake to me. I had a loose Ben that I found out to have a fake saber and the tip of it was thick like the one in the picture. Should be very thin and spindly.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Alltooeasy said:
Snaketibe said:
Alltooeasy said:

Yes you are wrong but thankyou for raising the query in a polite manner. I don't have a spare £500/£1000 or so lying around for a mint carded one hence why I thought being offered one for £125 was a bargain but then I thought that can't be legit can it? I Just want a mint Ben either baggie or loose. I have bought several baggies off members on here all still sealed in my possession. I am trying to widen my chances of getting one by accepting a mint Ben either in baggie or loose version. Or by some miracle a carded one for under £100. I did get a ukg 80 one in the ukg case the other year but it had paint loss on the hands so I sold it on
I am very happy to hear that I am wrong, and thank you as well for being polite in your response :)

Good luck in your search.

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
Thanks all! I have turned it down, as if I can get a rotj carded Ben for around what I'm being asked for a recard fake sabre I might as well keep searching. Maybe Im wording my searches wrongly as I just look for mint vintage obi wan kenobi so will try to include carded ones in a search now! Thanks!

poncho

Grand Master
you never will find a perefect figure theres no such thing all the figures even sealed ones have imperperfections.

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
I am currently watching some figures on eBay. Would anyone mind if I pm them pics for some advice please?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom