SWTOTW, Week 2, 2018, Part2/2 Logray from Cartoon Ewoks

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Logray from Cartoon Ewoks:

d0a6d154-94a0-42fd-a7a6-709cf2a116f4.jpg

I did not know about any of the star wars cartoon tv series or figures from this cartoon tv series when I was a kid in the 80s. It was first in the 90s
I saw this Ewoks cartoon tv series and it was first in 2001 as a collector that I learned about that there was action figures for this great cartoon tv series :oops:

Here is a few pictures of my little Logray collection .

All of you are also welcome to add pictures of your logray cartoon collection and what do you guys think about the ewok cartoon figures and the tv series ? :D

Logray 2.jpg

Logray 1.jpg

Attachments

• Logray 1.jpg
    Logray 1.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 1,359
  • Logray 2.jpg
    Logray 2.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,369

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm afraid the Ewoks cartoon rather passed me by. By the time it came out, I was a bit too old for it, and as a consequence the Ewoks figures have never had the same appeal for me as figures from the original trilogy, and for that reason I don't collect them. Having said that, I know many collectors do like them, so hopefully some Forum members will have some good photos to share :)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I'm afraid that I too do not have any Ewok figures, or have ever seen the cartoons.
Saying that this he is a great little figure, I'm sure others will have more to add!

Hooch

Jedi Knight
A week when I can add at least something :)
I have yet to see a episode of the cartoon series, maybe one day
I do have a few things with Logray making a appearance but will start with this pic. Video counter display is not vintage but looks out of place with the modern bears
Cartoon_Ewoks.JPG

lejackal

Grand Master
Not mine anymore but this formed part of my original KayBee collection

Attachments

• 2C762053-0D51-4869-B9C5-93107306EF2B.jpeg
    2C762053-0D51-4869-B9C5-93107306EF2B.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,269
  • 13F141FA-20A9-4808-A6AB-B7329BE93C11.jpeg
    13F141FA-20A9-4808-A6AB-B7329BE93C11.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 1,276

retrotoyinfo

Padawan
Your testing us with this one! Here is my Logray on the card. I think he is the rarest of the Ewoks series, what do you think?

The Droids and Ewoks series have become more famous for the unproduced second series figures that were advertised in the Kenner Toy Fair catalog 1986. I think as well because of Glasslite Vlix. Kenner had major plans to continue the cartoons and figures, including the Pre-School line, along with the POTF figures. It is a shame all of these plans were dropped in 1986.

I always thought four of the six ewok figures looked similar, I often mixed up dulok shaman and dulok scout. Logray added something special to the series.

STAR-WARS-KENNER-DROIDS-LOGRAY-MOC-FRONT.png

STAR-WARS-KENNER-DROIDS-LOGRAY-MOC-FRONT-CLOSE-UP.png

STAR-WARS-KENNER-DROIDS-LOGRAY-MOC-BACK-TOP.png

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hooch said:
A week when I can add at least something :)
I have yet to see a episode of the cartoon series, maybe one day
I do have a few things with Logray making a appearance but will start with this pic. Video counter display is not vintage but looks out of place with the modern bears
Cartoon_Ewoks.JPG

Wow I love that display and you also have a logray moc 8) . Why is the video display not vintage ? :?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
lejackal said:
Not mine anymore but this formed part of my original KayBee collection

Sorry to read that you do not have that moc anymore :( but it was a really great moc that you had, I love it 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
retrotoyinfo said:
Your testing us with this one! Here is my Logray on the card. I think he is the rarest of the Ewoks series, what do you think?

The Droids and Ewoks series have become more famous for the unproduced second series figures that were advertised in the Kenner Toy Fair catalog 1986. I think as well because of Glasslite Vlix. Kenner had major plans to continue the cartoons and figures, including the Pre-School line, along with the POTF figures. It is a shame all of these plans were dropped in 1986.

I always thought four of the six ewok figures looked similar, I often mixed up dulok shaman and dulok scout. Logray added something special to the series.

I am not an expert on Ewok moc, but I also think it is more rare than the others. if I remember correct the figure is also the most expensive of them all.

I agree the second series is more famous and when this custom made moc is for sale then they sell for more money than many original moc :shock:

Yes it was a shame they dropped it in 1986 :( I guess for kids it was also not fun only to have 2 ewoks and 4 duloks :?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
I'm afraid that I too do not have any Ewok figures, or have ever seen the cartoons.
Saying that this he is a great little figure, I'm sure others will have more to add!

all episodes of the cartoon is on youtube :wink:

retrotoyinfo

Padawan
Pomse2001 said:
retrotoyinfo said:

I am not an expert on Ewok moc, but I also think it is more rare than the others. if I remember correct the figure is also the most expensive of them all.

I agree the second series is more famous and when this custom made moc is for sale then they sell for more money than many original moc :shock:

Yes it was a shame they dropped it in 1986 :( I guess for kids it was also not fun only to have 2 ewoks and 4 duloks :?

Not sure if you are referring to mine, but it is original carded one not custom made. I have found a lot (relatively speaking) of the original Droids and Ewoks series cards can be found unpunched, maybe because they were not as popular and were not retailed on hangers?

It was a bit of a ruse creating a ewoks series figures with only two out of six ewoks. And then to rub salt in the wounds, have more ewok figures on the way which were never produced. Same as Vlix which was the most impressive Droids figure, then for Kenner not bother to make it!

I am also fan of ewok pre-school line, I probably love the ewoks toys more than I do the ewoks in the rotj

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Hooch said:
Logray makes a appearance in this Spanish Cube Puzzle
001635.JPG
You really do have a great assortment of Ewok items.
It never ceases to amaze me the amount of things the Ewok image was used in.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hooch said:
Pomse2001 said:
Wow I love that display and you also have a logray moc 8) . Why is the video display not vintage ? :?
The display is from 1996-97 but certainly looks the part

Thanks, amazing I did not know they sold them on video in the 90s :shock:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
retrotoyinfo said:
Pomse2001 said:
retrotoyinfo said:

Not sure if you are referring to mine, but it is original carded one not custom made. I have found a lot (relatively speaking) of the original Droids and Ewoks series cards can be found unpunched, maybe because they were not as popular and were not retailed on hangers?

It was a bit of a ruse creating a ewoks series figures with only two out of six ewoks. And then to rub salt in the wounds, have more ewok figures on the way which were never produced. Same as Vlix which was the most impressive Droids figure, then for Kenner not bother to make it!

I am also fan of ewok pre-school line, I probably love the ewoks toys more than I do the ewoks in the rotj

I just meant that the Ewoks 2nd series is custom made and that they sell for more money on ebay than some real moc :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom