THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 43 LAUNCHED

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
43pod.jpg

EPISODE 43 : To Newboldly Go Where No Fantha Has Gone Before!

The boys are back for the final normal structured podcast of 2017. Mark Newbold joins Stuart and Richard to discuss his new project Fantha Tracks, he also discusses Comics and toothbrushes, whilst also revealing stories from the stars of movies.

In the New Acquisitions section, Lee Bullock stops by to talk about his boxed Lili Ledy large size action figure Jawa. The lads discuss a variety of vintage gems and are joined by Ron Salvatore as part of The Vintage Rebellion Alliance whilst covering the very underrated Y-Wing Fighter (not bomber).

In this months Rebel Briefings, Richard takes a look at the Mr Klimko auction, gives us an update on Carl Cunnigham whilst taking a look at Empire Day and David Prowse's last outing.

Simon's Senate return, and this month he's nailed his sound. This month he is joined by Stephen Savory, Dan Tearle and Steve Magill as they delve into a Custom debate.

Pete takes a look at the Market whilst also bringing us Gimcrack of the month.

All this plus other gems, makes this another not to be missed edition of The Vintage Rebellion.

Enjoy the Show!!!

http://swtvrpodcast.podbean.com

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Several hours of arsing about the house flies by in a moment just once a month.

Thanks men.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Nice one, you guys are cranking these episodes out like Disney cranking out new Star Wars movies!

I'm guessing this one will have been recorded just prior to the release of The Last Jedi... looking forward to hearing some discussion of that, but this will definitely keep me going till then and am intrigued by what you have to say about the Y Wing Fighter. It was a vehicle release in ROTJ packaging some 5 years after the appearance in ANH - but I really did enjoy seeing the Y Wing reappear in Rogue One. Obviously the X-Wing is the iconic classic, but I think the Y-Wing is second (ahead of the A-Wing and B-Wing). Bombs away!

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Much as I'm enjoying this episode I wish you'd release the next one, can't wait to see what everyone thought of TLJ.... should be a great episode.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Richard_H said:
It's been recorded. Hoping for Sat but may be Sunday release.
Oh for crying out loud...still half way through 42! 8)
Seriously, I too am interested in what everyone thought of TLJ, looking forward to listening.

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Another good one thanks guys, delighted that my suggestion of Irwin the Duck won the Gimcrack section!

Mark Newbold is always a good interviewee, and I also enjoyed the discussion on the Y-wing, one of my favourite ships in the line.

I also listened to the debate on customs with interest but have to say I am a bit biased as I have done some of these myself back in the early 2000s, I've copied some scans of old photos below. I can't see any harm personally in taking a real beater figure and giving it a new lease of life, it's not as if loose incomplete figures are in short supply.

Customs 1.jpg

Customs 2.jpg

spoons

Grand Master
You are really cranking them out

This one was worth a listen just for the newest acquisition RS tumbleweed SFX :lol:

Really enjoyed Mark's interview, had no idea how long he'd been involved with the hobby. Meeting Don Henderson must have been fantastic.

Can't beat a Y-Wing But they are so fragile. Had all the struts break on a poorly packed one sent to me a few years back.

As to customs, these things exist in their millions and the work of Steve and other customisers has to be admired. The FF analogy of boxes of unwanted loose figures is the end of the argument for me. These figures exist in their millions.

One minor criticism is it did feel wierd coming out after FF, Empire Day and TLJ but had no coverage of any of the events. Only a minor gripe as I appreciate the podcast is a labour of love and you are all busy people

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on all three events shortly

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
spoons said:
One minor criticism is it did feel wierd coming out after FF, Empire Day and TLJ but had no coverage of any of the events. Only a minor gripe as I appreciate the podcast is a labour of love and you are all busy people

Christmas Special is being released this weekend, and the events and movies were kept back for discussion on there, so coming soon buddy

spoons

Grand Master
Stuart Skinner said:
spoons said:

Christmas Special is being released this weekend, and the events and movies were kept back for discussion on there, so coming soon buddy

Thanks Stu - consider my gripe withdrawn

Enjoyed the Prowse piece too, and meant to mention that Dave Prowse's comments are mentioned in one of the Marvel Star Wars Weekly comics in 1978 or 79. A lad wrote in to the letters pages saying that Darth Vader was Luke's Father as he'd read about it in the paper. Just spent an hour looking through all the comics and couldn't find it but will look again later.

I did find a similar themed one from Oct 78 - loose lips sink ships
9919F20F-28D8-4536-A1C3-9415424A0B12.jpeg

spoons

Grand Master
Found it

It wasn't a letter but an article on Star Wars 2 in a Jan 1979 SW Weekly

No prizes for guessing the 'unnamed actor'

C58725D4-E32E-46D0-96AA-A5803EBF693A.jpeg

And more evidence of Dave's friendly nature from late 1978

Attachments

• 85911EC9-E85C-4CB6-A2E5-37A4FDBD1C84.jpeg
    85911EC9-E85C-4CB6-A2E5-37A4FDBD1C84.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 524

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Great show lads! Also finished listening to the Christmas episode as well.
Still my #1 podcast by leaps and bounds. Hope you all have a good New Year and look forward to whats to come in 2018.

Cheers from this Yank across the pond!

Jason

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom