End of 2017 Onto 2018

Richard_H

Grand Master
So how did you do in 2017? Here were my goals:

1. 12" loose collection. (need Leia comb, Obi-Wan Saber and Han Medal) - completed Leia other two outstanding
2. Orange and Green Topps cards full sets - got a full set of green
3. The final 5 Sigma mugs I need - didn't get a single one
4. Diecast Tie Bomber - yes :D

Then s many as the MOCS for under £50 that I can. - did quite well on this. Around 15 I think

I'm really pleased to have put one run to bed so this will be my focus for 2018

1. 12" loose collection complete even if I have to drive down to Stu's and rip his whole house apart looking for my Ben saber
2. Orange Topps cards and 3PO boner card but all at a price I'm willing to pay
3. Loose A-Wing complete to complete all ships
4. Loose Imperial Sniper to complete all mini-rigs
5. Loose Cloud City Playset to (I think) complete all of the cardboard playsets.

If I'm really lucky I'll get the Palitoy Cantina (with the bloody doors), Palitoy Droids Factory and the missing piece from my Jabba Dungeon.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Here's my list from last year:

1) Pick up a Yak (probably) and Madine (unlikely) to finish my trilogo run
2) Finish my run of basic baggies, need about 30 more
3) Pick up a couple more nice MISB vehicles, especially keen on a Snowspeeder and B-Wing
4) Find some more obscure Star Wars/LucarArts games I don't already have
5) Continue to pick up 70b/70c trilogo MOCs when funds allow

Overall I've had a very good year. I picked up a Yak Face trilogo, alas no Madine. My baggie run took a hit due to a certain scandal, but I have added a couple. I added a couple more small MISB vehicles. I did find a few more games, and also bagged more 70b/70c cards (mainly at Farthest From.) I have also branched out a bit this year in to Palitoy Jedi MOCs, and picked up some of my favourite random MOCs (Palitoy Luke Bespin and blue sabre Luke Jedi.)

So it's been a great year for my collection :) for next year:

1) More Palitoy Jedi MOCs
2) Trilogo Madine
3) Find at least a couple of the remaining 70b/70c trilogos I need, but they are getting rarer and more expensive now
4) Would still like a MISB Snowspeeder

benny100

Sith Lord
I didnt set any goals this year, but seem to have accrued plenty of lovely bits!
So next year a bit of discipline and a top 4

1.Ion Cannon, Bespin Gantry and Hoth Turret Defense micro sets
2. Mocs!! 16 to go, so gonna aim for Bossk, 21-B, Death Squad Commander, Warok, Luke Poncho and Lando Skiff.
3.Imperial Sniper carded
4. Hoth playpack instructions

lejackal

Grand Master
I'll start with an update to my update on the previous thread;
lejackal said:
I've actually had a good long think about this and actually still want one thing from my complete disaster of a 2016 list.
This coming year I want to get a 12 back, any 12 back. This will be a budget purchase but you can get them for around (and under) £200 so that's goal number one.
actually achieved this and got it for under £200, sadly around the same time as the car broke so it was short lived, still, there's always next year
now have a 12 back of sorts on the way, probably not what you're expecting though in a traditional sense :lol:
Number two should be achievable as well - I intend to complete the first 12 loose figures, of which I need 10
sacked this one off pretty early on, very disheartened with the sharp increase in loose prices, far better value to be had in MOC and boxed items
Still haven't really regained my love for these loose figures, think this one is dead in the water
Number three on my list is to add more KayBee stickered items to my collection
no more stickered items at time of typing but did get a KayBee carrier bag
I have one on the way which also happens to be the thinking outside the box 12 back mentioned above, a Droids series A Wing Pilot :D
Number four would be to have fun, go to more shows, fairs, shops, meet ups, to stay focussed and complete the first 3.
not done brilliantly at this but hopefully will make a couple of events before the year is out
To clarify I've had a huge amount of enjoyment from the hobby in the second two thirds of the year, various family commitments have kept me from getting out and about as much as I had hoped
Love to see everyone else's and whilst I don't want to wish the time away I can't wait to see how we have all done in 12 months time

Plans, hopes and dreams for 2018 are basically to have fun, dig out bargains and try be a bit more focused (like that's going to happen :lol: )
I'd like to get a Trilogo Threepio and some KayBee stickered goodies, also maybe track down replacements for bits I let go of and wish I hadn't.
Other than that I'm easy

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
From last years thread:

Mr-shifter said:
Mr-shifter said:
After a great 2016 collecting my goals this year are:

One new foreign moc.
One new miscard.
One new speeder bike.

That's all. Prices are nuts at the moment so I would be happy with those three.

Can't wait for celebration. That's going to be great.

No foreign moc but I picked up a complete popy at celebration. Nice

Got a miscard at echo live earlier on in the year. Nice

Picked up several boxed speeders this year, including the awesome Danish stickered bilogo. Nice

I also have a couple of things in the offing of a similar ilk. Nice

As a little update I can confirm I did pick up a pbp ree yees, thus smashing last years goals. Very happy.

But what about 2018. Well my goals for the coming year are

One new foreign moc.
One new miscard.
One new speeder bike.

They are getting tougher now, but a simple repeat of last year and I will be well pleased.

subzero

Sith Lord
Iv'e completed almost all of my loose figure run and MOC run of all the ones I wanted, I just didn't realise I would have ended up developing a love for trilogo MOC's so iv'e recently been adding several of those after thinking I was finished collecting MOC. So my aim next year is to add another couple of trilogo's to my collection, and also upgrade a couple of loosies that have little niggles with them like paint wear, which is genuinely burning a hole in my soul knowing they're imperfect in my display. :lol:

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
subzero said:
Iv'e completed almost all of my loose figure run and MOC run of all the ones I wanted, I just didn't realise I would have ended up developing a love for trilogo MOC's so iv'e recently been adding several of those after thinking I was finished collecting MOC. So my aim next year is to add another couple of trilogo's to my collection, and also upgrade a couple of loosies that have little niggles with them like paint wear, which is genuinely burning a hole in my soul knowing they're imperfect in my display. :lol:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but......

IT NEVER ENDS !!!!!!!

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
My 2017 goal was completing a loose mint run (minus VCJ and Blue Snaggletooth). I completed that in around September and have picked up a few additional variants since then - Hollow Tubes TR, Han Trenchcoat (Camo Lapels), HK Luke Jedi (snap cape, blue saber).

I've since got into the Spanish line so will be looking to continue collecting them into 2018 when and where they crop up. Also I've never really been into MOCs - I prefer to touch and feel my figures, but I do love the first 12 and the large Star Wars Logo. Worked out I can't afford the 12 backs though but I might look at picking up a couple of 20/21 backs.

My goals for 2018
1. More in the Spanish line
2. Molded Face Luke Jedi
3. Blue Snaggletooth
4. MIB Landpeeder
5. My first 20/21 Back
6. MIB Slave 1
7. VCJ (very unlikely)

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
my goals were to do a full loose run from scratch at the start of the year and £1000 was my budget (optimistic I know)

I had a good start and got about 35 figures (including the first 12 for £275)
in the end I hit my limit, had about 80 figures including most of the last 17 half with weapons and then the wedding took over so I had to sell up

loose figures went out the window until I found some minty figures in a local charity shop recently and I've decided to continue collecting but this time around just taking the hobbie as it comes and not force it

Goals for 2018:
any loose figures I can find at carboots, charity and collectable shops

a complete loose run done by the end of the year would be nice

subzero

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
subzero said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but......

IT NEVER ENDS !!!!!!!

:lol: :lol:

I'm slowly starting to realise this. :lol:

spoons

Grand Master
I did all right last year and got my three main targets, a Han Hoth offerless 48 back, a Palitoy die cast X-Wing MOC and a small wing DV TIE on a TIE card

I dont plan to add too much this year

1. Some pre-prod die cast would be nice.
2. One or more of the micro collection wampa cave, carbonite set and death star compactor, boxed with inserts.
3. Another SW character on an ESB card

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
My goals for 2017 were:-

1. Complete my debut Kenner 20 back run, only need Walrusman. :D

2. Complete the bebut Kenner 65 backs, need about 10 I think. :?

3. Would really like a Kenner ESB Stormtrooper as well, but it won't happen.

Number one is done, got a Walrusman back in March which was really nice to do, really loved collecting the 8 20 backs.

Number two has been a failure thou, only managed to pick up a Royal Guard and Chief Chirpa. I've changed tactics for my debut run, rather than going for just the 65 backs, I've decided to just pick up any debuts that come along for a reasonable price. Lot more fun I think and when I get close to finishing a set will probably go for it then. With this tactic managed to pick up a POTF Romba last month.

Number three didn't happen either, but did get Kenner 31 A Bossk which was pretty unexpected and prompted me to change tactics.

I have also brought a batch of toploaders for my card back collection, had a load left over so have decided to start collecting Trilogo card backs as well, can't have empty toploaders! :lol: These are good fun to collect, keeping the budget under £10 at the moment and just see how far I can go. Don't think I'm ever gonna spend £500 on a Boba Fett Trilogo card back. :roll:

Goals for 2018:-
1. Continue the Kenner debut run, getting harder and harder to find them for a sensible price.
2. Collect as many Trilogo card backs as I can.
3. Kenner ESB MOC Stormtrooper.

M4K3R1

Padawan
Picked up some great keeper MOC for my collection in 2017
As for 2018 just hope it is a good year, what ever comes along that I can add will be great

lambis500

Padawan
I picked up my first vintage moc this year.
Have managed to find time for my hobby now,And enjoying being more active on the forum.So a good end to the year,With high hopes of adding another few moc's in 2018.
Best of luck in 2018 to all forum members in whatever they enjoy...

shadow images

Youngling
My 2017 started out very down. My wife got sick and I had to sell off my almost complete POTF collection. The end of the year has been a little better as I got to replace my POTF Yoda and acquired a DT Luke, clear bubble ROTJ Logray and a complete in box Rebel Attach Base.

2018 I hope to be able to reaquire a couple POTF moc's. Would also like to get a Anakin coin, Sears Cantina, Cloud City Playset and a Trilogo Yak

Will see what 2018 holds but you got to have goals. :)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Sorry to hear about your wife's illness and subsequent sale of your collection.
I wish you both all the luck next year with your collecting and your wife's health.

shadow images

Youngling
Mini99 said:
Sorry to hear about your wife's illness and subsequent sale of your collection.
I wish you both all the luck next year with your collecting and your wife's health.

Thanks for the kind words.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom