Toy Toni Boba Fett....

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Dublinjeff said:
Just wondering what the current community feeling is on these and a current market value? If any?

Were you meant to post a link or photo?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I haven't seen many sell since the scandal to be honest, before that they were for sale every week for £2-300. There is still the odd chancer on eBay listing them for high prices with no disclosure, but I haven't seen many actually sell.

Assuming the loose light blue Fett inside is a good £100 these days, I'd say the above £2-300 would still be fair. It's still a fake, even if it's Boba Fett.

MarkG

Jedi Master
Toni was knocking these out in the early 2000s for £250.

EBay sales were crazy at one point and hitting high 100s... as Edd said above prices have dropped since he got caught out..

Loose cardbacks with minimal damage are £30ish.. and the figure is £100+.

Sealed no more than £250 imho.

subzero

Sith Lord
Card - £30
Figure - £100

Assuming this is the value you're obviously looking at £130 total value, so it actually amazes me how collectors are placing more than another £100 of value on the fact that some bloke glued down the bubble to the card in his own house lol.

In reality a TT Fett should still be worth £130+ even sealed.

MarkG

Jedi Master
subzero said:
Card - £30
Figure - £100

Assuming this is the value you're obviously looking at £130 total value, so it actually amazes me how collectors are placing more than another £100 of value on the fact that some bloke glued down the bubble to the card in his own house lol.

Fett tax is the extra... even though it's not a genuine seal.. it's still sealed.. people will pay a premium for sealed stuff and TT mocs seem to have a new following of collectors.

subzero

Sith Lord
MarkG said:
subzero said:
Card - £30
Figure - £100

Fett tax is the extra... even though it's not a genuine seal.. it's still sealed.. people will pay a premium for sealed stuff and TT mocs seem to have a new following of collectors.

Then one day TT's could become very rare and more sought after and valuable than the genuine article. :shock:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
For me a TT Fett is only valued to those that want them and as a "quirk" in collecting.

At the end of the day, it's also about all those people that were "duped" by a dishonest practice and only your own morals and principles can dictate your view.

It's one of those things in life you have to decide for yourself if your ok with it.

Just my opinion.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Quite right Michael, to me a TT is worth the value of the figure and card, and as I don't collect either to me they are worthless.
But as in all things in life, everyone to their own.
Collect what you want, pay what you want, enjoy what you collect.
Live and let live. :wink:

MarkG

Jedi Master
subzero said:
Then one day TT's could become very rare and more sought after and valuable than the genuine article. :shock:

I bloody hope not.. there's gotta be 10+ times more TT Fetts out there than genuine ones...

subzero

Sith Lord
MarkG said:
subzero said:

I bloody hope not.. there's gotta be 10+ times more TT Fetts out there than genuine ones...

That's the sad part is that it could end up becoming a 'variant' for collectors to find when there's not much else in reach for them to collect.

Just a theory but possible!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
One just sold on eBay for over £450, more than I think it's worth IMO but not silly money

Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 19.24.32.png

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
One just sold on eBay for over £450, more than I think it's worth IMO but not silly money

Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 19.24.32.png

Is it really not silly money? £460 for what is essentially a Boba Fett and a very nice backing card. I know it's not quite that and I pay money for TTs but to me this is £150. It's not like he had only a couple of hundred of them, it's one of the more
common ones. Not 6 or 7 months ago I paid £500 for the real deal. A small split in one of the double stems but really, is a TT Fett worth anything approaching the same amount? Hell no.

If this had been a Trilogo Fett then fair enough but it isn't, is it? It's a nice one but just looks like a regular 'ol Fett unless I'm missing something. It's a £30 figure, a £50 backing card (that's being generous isn't it?) and then add a premium for the fact it displays nicely TTs now seem to be en trend. But that premium really shouldn't be over £300.

A GM45 PD sold on Jabba's for £140 a month ago. Talk about a rare card. I know the Boba tax has an effect in everything, but whoever spends £460 on a fake MOC you needs their head checking.

All IMHO, of course ;)

edit - A quick check on eBay suggests that this buyer wasn't the only one with a taste for TT Fetts with someone having paid up to £1,500 for one. I really don't know what to say after that.

Hothrebel

Jedi Master
What you have to remember is this was a 99p starting auction ,the bidding took it to £460 so there are at least 2 people out there that thought it was worth £450+

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Again it's up to the individual who is buying a TT. Personally I don't see the draw, knowing what it is. The perception that your collection is incomplete without a TT is again something I don't understand.
I have a mint original Ewok village box, I will at some point try and purchase all of the components for it to complete it, as the fun and enjoyment is there for me to do that, and display it in my own collection.
I would not try and seal it and pass it off as MISB, much less try and produce hundreds of them.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Way overpriced if you ask me. People(who are buying them) must be forgetting it's not a Moc and getting carried away. Fett fett fett!! I've got a cardback I bought off robpmarsh for 50 quid. I know it's a Toni although he and Mr Palitoy whom he bought it off wouldn't say it was. I love it. It's the nearest I'll get to a Fett Moc right now. It's relatively cheap, original and fits nicely in my mostly ROTJ collection. But £450 for a fake Moc put together in someones house? Get out of town. I prob wouldn't buy one cos I couldn't afford it :lol: but I'd value one at no more than £150.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom