Does anyone else have things hidden away?

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter

Our spare bedroom wardrobe has quite a few (really bloody lovely) things hidden away in it.

Always a nice way to justify the expense of buying something vintage if I'm going to get it for a birthday or Christmas. I think I've got enough tucked away to keep me in presents for the next five years :D

Joking apart with the way prices have been going I'm really glad we bought when we did - plus I get to relive the absolute magic of sneaking a peek now and again :)

Attachments

• WP_20170912_15_27_03_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170912_15_27_03_Pro.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 816

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yes I posted this on Facebook a few weeks ago, here's my overflow stash!

IMG_4996.JPG

subzero

Sith Lord
Iv'e always been more of a 'display it proud' kinda guy and never like buying something unless I can put it in at least a 'displayable' area.

But I have always found there's something a little comforting in seeing a load of Star Wars boxed toys tucked away up in cupboards, I think that goes back to being at my best mates house as a little kid and he had the type of house where there wasn't a lot of room, so there was always tons of boxed toys piled on shelves and in cupboards and the sight of seeing it all used to always get me excited 8)

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah I know what you mean. Before star cases existed I used to keep most of my MOCs in one small cardboard box neatly stacked, there were about 30 in there. It was great opening it now and again for a peek :)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
That's right, back then there wasn't any Star cases let alone acrylic cases. :(
Displaying MOCs used to be difficult, I kept mine in plastic zip lock bags in a box on top of a cupboard.
Getting them down only to add to the collection or to look at them again, a real pain!
How times have changed!

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
I've seen people in the past displaying there carded figures drawing pinned to the wall :evil:

I have my loose figures in a shoebox at the moment

I do have a lot of crap in one of our wardrobes in the spare bedroom

mostly stuff I need to carboot, unwanted xmas presents some old hifi equipment

I'm going to make the effort to display my loose figures at xmas and then back in the box

our small home just doesn't allow it plus the last time I put jabba out on the shelf when I got home he was missing and the mrs had put him in the toilet for me to fish out :lol:

subzero

Sith Lord
pizzathehutt said:
the last time I put jabba out on the shelf when I got home he was missing and the mrs had put him in the toilet for me to fish out :lol:

:shock: ...... what?? :lol:

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
yeah she hates the whole lot apart from them being worth money

she doesn't mind my record collection which takes up a fair amount of room

subzero

Sith Lord
pizzathehutt said:

I think she'll be your best ever friend when it comes to selling it all one day :lol:

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
subzero said:
pizzathehutt said:

I think she'll be your best ever friend when it comes to selling it all one day :lol:

I think so too! :lol:

we're getting married in 2 weeks time

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Hiding things in cupboards could be a very niche form of nostalgia. I remember going on a curious/ nosey rummage circa December 1981 and finding a bunch of boxed Star Wars toys in my mother's wardrobe.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
Yes I posted this on Facebook a few weeks ago, here's my overflow stash!

IMG_4996.JPG

I am glad that I am not the only one who have star wars toy in my closet :lol: cool picture :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
db94 said:

Our spare bedroom wardrobe has quite a few (really bloody lovely) things hidden away in it.

Always a nice way to justify the expense of buying something vintage if I'm going to get it for a birthday or Christmas. I think I've got enough tucked away to keep me in presents for the next five years :D

Joking apart with the way prices have been going I'm really glad we bought when we did - plus I get to relive the absolute magic of sneaking a peek now and again :)

Yes most of my collection is in some different closet and under the bed :lol: cool picture 8) so what is writen on the sticker on the shelf is it something for your star wars toy ?

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
so what is writen on the sticker on the shelf is it something for your star wars toy ?

Good eye mate - the sticker says Docking Bay 94 because that's the shelf I'm storing my Palitoy Millennium Falcon on :D

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Everything apart from MOC's and some select loose figures, Wompa and POTF Ewok Combat set. The good thing about having everything packed away is when you have a look every now and again it feels a little bit like Christmas 1984. :lol:

subzero

Sith Lord
I think a new breed of collector is about to be invented here, the 'cupboard collector'

Instead of Ikea glass cabinets and fancy shelves with everything on show, collectors will buy old vintage wardrobes and cupboards with everything packed away inside to replicate a vintage toy cupboard, then open and breath in the smell aaahh! :lol:

Palifan

Sith Lord
I might have the odd thing tucked away :?

Ian

Attachments

• IMG_0401.jpg
    IMG_0401.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_0400.jpg
    IMG_0400.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 413

Pomse2001

Grand Master
db94 said:
Pomse2001 said:
so what is writen on the sticker on the shelf is it something for your star wars toy ?

Good eye mate - the sticker says Docking Bay 94 because that's the shelf I'm storing my Palitoy Millennium Falcon on :D

Cool, Docking Bay 94 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom