Cures Or Cares for Sticky Figures

androjonny

Padawan
I noticed when going through my collection recently that quite a few of my figures have become sticky to touch, I'm thinking this is due to the plastic degrading, or off-gassing. Has anyone got any tips on how to clean to de-stickify figures, or make any suggestions on the best ways to store them, as at the moment I'm using plastic grip bags. Any help would be most appreciated.

Jon

M4K3R1

Padawan
Some clean hot water and wash them should remove the residue.
Some of the acid free ziplock baggies are good for storage.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes, I simply wash them with soap and water. For hard to reach areas, a soft toothbrush is your friend :). This works for both stickiness and removing the white residue that sometimes builds up on a figure's surface. I literally wash my hands with lots of soap, then whilst they are still covered in soap, hold the figure in my hands and continue washing my hands with the figure cupped in my palms (take off any rings you might be wearing first to avoid risk of paint rubs or scratches). Do this for a minute or so, rinse the figure and check it for stickiness / residue. If it's still sticky, repeat the process. Use the toothbrush (whilst nice and soapy) to remove stickiness and residue from areas like folds in a figure's clothing, boot creases, etc.

Good luck :)

jared007

Padawan
I have the white residue issue with a gammy guard and emperor. It's taken several wash cycles but it is making a difference. Still more white residue remains but not as much as before. I've tried leaving them in sunlight as per other tips but this simply didn't work in my case.

subzero

Sith Lord
Yep baby wipes are also good, only needed to clean one sticky figure so far but the baby wipe worked wonders!

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
I don't know why but for some reason my fisrt 12 figures are particularly sticky!

I don't know if its down to the slightly rubbery limbs but my leia, darth, stromtroopers, ben, tusken are really yucky!

will need to give them a clean

subzero

Sith Lord
Is this stickiness due to the plastic degrading then?.. one can only fear over watching their treasured collection badly degrade and have no power over stopping it :(

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
subzero said:
Is this stickiness due to the plastic degrading then?.. one can only fear over watching their treasured collection badly degrade and have no power over stopping it :(

What...not even using "The Force"!
:lol:

subzero

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
subzero said:

What...not even using "The Force"!
:lol:

Haha :lol: :lol:

I have actually heard that the Emperor, Vader, Luke & Ben figures don't degrade, true story! :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom