weapons and accessories i couldnt wait any longer

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
Finally bit the bullet yesterday and blew £80 on blasters to complete a handful of my loose figures

I was hoping a few would pop up for sale on here but no joy

Looking forward to completing them

how many of you on here had a loose run with missing weapons and accessories and had to do the same?

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Well done- good to get them completed.

I've needed a pop-up saber since 1995...

Finally got around to completing my Rebo Band last year, which was pricy. Otherwise, everything's complete. The R2 bugs the hell out of me though :(

subzero

Sith Lord
Cazza said:
Well done- good to get them completed.

I've needed a pop-up saber since 1995...

Finally got around to completing my Rebo Band last year, which was pricy. Otherwise, everything's complete. The R2 bugs the he'll out of me though :(

1995... :lol: that makes me frustrated just reading it.

That's made me feel so much better about not snapping up a near mint £60 pop up R2 earlier this month on ebay, I was about to buy it but missed out to another buyer, i'm glad I didn't get to buy it now cus i'd never ever get the separate saber it needed anyway 8)

I'm actually needing a Zuckuss rifle, it's only been several weeks since I got Zuckuss and it's bugging me already not being able to get a rifle. I'll end up having to buy another figure complete with the rifle and sell one of the figures. :evil:

subzero

Sith Lord
pizzathehutt said:
luckily I have the r2 saber ticked off

not looking forward to amanaman staff or black palace blasters :cry:

I seen a black one on ebay the other week, think it went for about £100 or more if I remember right.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
your looking at about £13 for the zuckuss rifle so yeah better off buying a complete one for it

I think i'll spend most of next year buying weapons to complete figures, that and treating myself to the odd ship or playset

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
90% of my loose collection started with no accessories! I got quite a few on here from wanted ads, and also from various Facebook groups. I quite enjoyed the hunt.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
I'm enjoying it at the moment, since jan this year ive managed to collect about 75 of the 95? loose figures and I'd say about 30 of them are complete so quite a way to go yet.

will upload photos to the forum in December to show how ive done in a year and how much was spent

I've limited myself to £1000 which has almost gone

coomber75

Sith Lord
Great work on getting a run at 1k!!! May have a black palace blaster available... And think I just sold my complete zuckus last month so not sure if I've a spare rifle...

subzero

Sith Lord
Well done getting all those.

If there's one thing iv'e learned so far it's to never underestimate the cost of teeny tiny weapons lol, iv'e found buying complete figures saves a fair amount of money in the long run when building up a large collection, as obviously individual weapons usually cost a bit more to get.

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
I have learned the hard way about buying a nice priced figure without all the accessories only to fine as we all have they are the parts that cost a lot more seprate. Black palace blaster and a wing pilot gun also r2d2 saber are the worst.

If you look on ebay uk now there might be one palace blaster genuine example but will see for around £80 £100

TheWiseRabbit

Padawan
pizzathehutt said:
Finally bit the bullet yesterday and blew £80 on blasters to complete a handful of my loose figures

I was hoping a few would pop up for sale on here but no joy

Looking forward to completing them

how many of you on here had a loose run with missing weapons and accessories and had to do the same?

Hey buddy I sent you a follow up message about that spare blaster I had but heard nothing. Still there if you want it. If not no worries

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
I'm after a Rebo Band, it's one item I never had as a kid.
I've seen a few sets selling without the mic stands and Droopy's flute, one set for £30.
That would mean having to then hunt for those accessories loose.
In the grand scheme of things would it be better to stump up an extra £50 plus to buy a complete set?
Bit of a dilemma for me...

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
I remember as a kid getting sy snootles and droopy McCool at a collectors fair and then later at another finding the piano but for some reason I could never find max reebo and it was only until I was at college in 99 I found one in a shop in Ruislip called calvers collectables, think I used my lunch money to buy him :lol:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
tobedesu said:
I'm after a Rebo Band, it's one item I never had as a kid.
I've seen a few sets selling without the mic stands and Droopy's flute, one set for £30.
That would mean having to then hunt for those accessories loose.
In the grand scheme of things would it be better to stump up an extra £50 plus to buy a complete set?
Bit of a dilemma for me...
A complete set has git to be the way to go, so much cheaper and easier in the long run.
I remember the last one I boight was a boxed one with figures and fantastic box for £50.00, but that was 1999! :eek:

subzero

Sith Lord
poncho said:
i bougt a nikto of ebay for £2 a few years ago and it came with a black palace blaster! i was well chuffed :)

That's amazing, you'd be very lucky indeed for that to happen these days!

poncho

Grand Master
subzero said:
poncho said:
i bougt a nikto of ebay for £2 a few years ago and it came with a black palace blaster! i was well chuffed :)

That's amazing, you'd be very lucky indeed for that to happen these days!
wouldnt happen these days for sure there are too many fish

Jez

Sith Lord
I think you've done really well. I still need to chance upon a Black Stormtrooper Blaster for my Luke. I remember when Iain Sanderson had about 3 he thought were dodgy at a Farthest From. He couldn't be 100% sure so i thought bugger it, i'll cope with my dark dark blue one for a while.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom