Luke farmboy dt

TheWiseRabbit

Padawan
The back story -

I almost finished my loose collection when I stopped (by the wife, long story) about 7ish years ago. Started up again a few weeks ago (with the permission of the wife, long story) with a few figures to go to complete the vintage line. Yesterday I started inspecting the more rarer figures I have including the aforementioned Luke farmboy. While doing this I noticed that I can't take the tip of the light sabre out of the main body. I genuinely can't remember if I ever could take it off to make 2 separate units like I've seen in numerous photos of similar dt lightsabres.

And finally to the questions -

Do any of you who have one have this problem?
Is it a big deal if and when I send it off to afa?
I remember reading a while ago about a letter K on some of the dt lightsabres. Mine doesn't have it. Is that a big deal?

Any help would be greatly appreciated:)

Richard_H

Grand Master
Not to be stupid here but to get it out you push the inner right up inside and out of the back end of the outer. I'd personally leave it for the grades to do. They've been found with a few different letters on the hilt.

TheWiseRabbit

Padawan
Richard_H said:
Not to be stupid here but to get it out you push the inner right up inside and out of the back end of the outer. I'd personally leave it for the grades to do. They've been found with a few different letters on the hilt.

Sorry should have said it's been damaged both ends so can't pull/push it out. I'll post some pics

TheWiseRabbit

Padawan
[ATTACH=full]166324[/ATTACH]

IMG_3174.jpg

IMG_3172.jpg

Not sure if it's visible but it's kind of 'chewed' either end so the thicker part of the inner sabre can't come out

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
It's a bit of a worry that the inner wont come out as the big end (which you cant see) is one of the best ways to identify fakes. My concern is that this is so chewed and abused, that maybe someone bought a £10 repro and went to town on it, to distress it on purpose. I hope im wrong!

TheWiseRabbit

Padawan
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
It's a bit of a worry that the inner wont come out as the big end (which you cant see) is one of the best ways to identify fakes. My concern is that this is so chewed and abused, that maybe someone bought a £10 repro and went to town on it, to distress it on purpose. I hope im wrong!

I've pondered forcing it out but I'm pretty sure I won't get it back in. I did buy it about 10ish years ago from someone I trusted so I may just bite the bullet and send it to Afa as is. I've sent them a message on the problem to see if they will grade it in its condition. Just waiting for a reply

maxf

Jedi Master
I wouldnt bother sending it to AFA - it will take an age and come back a 40 or something if it's genuine. UKG in the UK will be faster if you're based here, or CAS turnarounds are pretty good. I'd probably just get a COA from Bill McBride though, if he'll do one/

TheWiseRabbit

Padawan
maxf said:
I wouldnt bother sending it to AFA - it will take an age and come back a 40 or something if it's genuine. UKG in the UK will be faster if you're based here, or CAS turnarounds are pretty good. I'd probably just get a COA from Bill McBride though, if he'll do one/

Thanks for the info maxf. I'll be totally honest I had to google bill mcbride as I'd never heard of him. Just watched a YouTube vid of his collection...sweet lord. Very impressive. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want to or have the time to look at my sabre though.

I've been thinking about starting to send my collection for grading. I'm based in the uk so afa would be a pain to send it to and was looking into uk graders. Funnily enough I was gonna ask on here if there is a major difference between the 2 but I'll save that for another thread.

As for the dt sabre I think Its best if I keep that on the back burner for a while and concentrate on finishing my loose collection off.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom