Jawa Vinyl Capes?

ZuckussOZ

Hi, I have been collecting since the late 1980's on and off and I managed to gather quite a few Jawa's in my time. I have received a few without cloth capes over the years and I have simply matched with spare cloth capes.

Recently I stumbled upon a thread in this very forum discussing the correct COO's of the VCJ and sure enough I have two! Not only that, they are immaculate copies with zero paint rubs and tight joints.

My question is, these currently do not have vinyl capes and I have looked around on ebay and I just have to ask, how often do vinyl jawa capes turn up for sale on their own? Better yet, if anyone out there has at least one for sale, please let me know. I would love to finally complete my collection.

Thanks!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Welcome to the forum. The cape is 99.9% of the value. Even if you found a loose cape for sale, it would basically be the same price as the complete figure.

There was a period recently where people were selling "vinyl cape Jawa's without cape" like you have, but that COO was also present on many cloth caped Jawa's so it's fairly meaningless. Yes it's correct, but it doesn't really add any value or rarity.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
You've got more chance of getting a blow job from Rachel Riley than you have of finding a loose VCJ cape and even if you did it would make exactly zero difference to the price compared to a complete one I'm afraid, as Ed has said.

yoda

Sith Lord
SublevelStudios said:
You've got more chance of getting a blow job from Rachel Riley than you have of finding a loose VCJ cape and even if you did it would make exactly zero difference to the price compared to a complete one I'm afraid, as Ed has said.

images.jpg

wrighty

Sith Lord
Welcome to the forum. We like banter and taking the piss but all in good nature!! :lol:

NB good luck in finding the cape, I have to say I have not come across anyone selling the cape alone. There was a guy, maybe a year back openly admitted to selling a VCJ part by part to maximise profit but never saw the cape listed.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
wrighty said:
Welcome to the forum. We like banter and taking the piss but all in good nature!! :lol:

Sorry, it's just a bit of banter, please don't take it to heart. You're very welcome here and hope to see you posting in future.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes, joking aside, welcome to the Forum.

If you're serious about wanting a vinyl Jawa, since you won't find a real cape for sale separately, and as has already been pointed out, in any case it would cost you exactly the same as buying a complete one, I recommend eBay. Vinyl Jawas are extremely expensive these days, but are still not actually truly rare or even hard to get; they'll just set you back at least £750, and if you want a mint one, over £1,000. If that's not taken the wind out of your sails (and if it has, I apologise), then the very best of luck to you! :)

yoda

Sith Lord
ZuckussOZ said:
Thanks for the contribution guys...I would have just settled for the first reply.

Yeah it's only abit of harmless fun :) nearly everyone ends up going through the mincer at some stage on here. I've been though it a few times myself by my own doing :) hope you stick around and you'll really enjoy yourself and learn alot on here.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
ZuckussOZ said:
Yeah it just isn't fantastic when you are sitting here with your 10 year old son, you know.
One of the many, many pitfalls of using the internet, I'm afraid. However, for any embarrassment or awkwardness caused to you or your son, for my part (and as far as I am able), on behalf of this Forum, I apologise.

This Forum is not specifically targeted at adults, but the overwhelming majority of its members are adults; people like you and me who had the toys as kids (or wished they had), but who have now grown up (mostly ;-)) and find the nostalgic pull back into collecting Vintage brings them here. We're very much a friendly and helpful bunch, happy to assist new and experienced collectors with queries (both Star Wars and non-Star Wars related), share our own Star Wars experiences and collections, and generally try to do so in a light-hearted way. You experienced much of that with your post which was (I do not doubt, completely unbeknownst to you) an amusingly newbie question akin to asking if anyone's ever dug up buried treasure in their own back garden; yes it's technically possible, but no, it won't happen to you. However, rather than ignoring the question or ridiculing you in a mean-spirited way, you did receive completely accurate and prompt replies, along with some gentle, albeit adult humour.

As with any open forum on the internet, people are free to post whatever they wish here (within reason), and not all of it will be child-friendly. I often wince myself when I read some of the comments on sites like 'You Tube', many of which can be racist, sexist, homophobic or offensive and idiotic in any number of different ways. This Forum is a very far cry from that, with very few if any truly offensive posts. However, since we are adults here, we will occasionally act like them. It seems from your reply that you are a responsible parent trying to shield your young son from content you deem to be inappropriate, and I applaud you for that. However, I hope this experience doesn't deter you from visiting and using this Forum, as it really is a tremendous resource full of extremely knowledgeable, friendly and decent people. I could point to many excellent examples of Forum members going out of their way to help others, including giving gifts of loose figures to help a member's young daughter build and grow her own collection of Vintage figures. I hope that might be a better example you could share with your son of what can happen here? And as far as avoiding any future potentially embarrassing posts being seen by your son, I'm afraid I can only recommend screening them yourself first, which I imagine you may already do with other webpages.

Welcome to the Forum.

subzero

Sith Lord
Pretty much like Snaketibe has said, unfortunately this is the internet and things do need screening when with kids of that age, this is a forum full of ( i'm assuming ) all adults and not kids, which is why everybody talks the way they do in here including swear words even my own mother wouldn't want to read or hear. Also don't forget over the internet people can't see who you're sitting there at the computer with... and it also works the other way round if someone says a comment that's actually intended to be a lighthearted joke, then it can occasionally be taken the wrong way because it's hard to see that someone is lightheartedly joking judging from just words on a screen. Most people who post comments can sometimes forget that, and that not everybody gets the 'joke' or sarcasm in their posts, but trust me it's just a bit of friendly banter and not aimed at you in any negative way.

Trust me everyone is friendly on this forum, iv'e only been here about 3 months now and it's a very friendly place full of helpful people. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom