Is this a Toy Toni?

subzero

Sith Lord
Just got this in the post and the first thing that caught my attention was how rigid the card is, I got a little suspect that it was a thicker fake card at first but it's not as iv'e compared it to my other ones I know are genuine and it seems exactly the same, texture when angled in the light, thickness, print etc all seems fine.

But now i'm paranoid it could be a Toy Toni, the card just seems too 'new like' and very rigid, it also feels smoother on the front almost like that laminated feel, which tells me this card is 'too new'?.. also there is no indenting on the rear side from where the bubble should have been pressed on by machine and formed to the card, I can't see any indent whatsoever to the naked eye and can only just about feel a slight 'indent line' along the top edge of the bubble. There's no waffle pattern seal, and I'm also not seeing any slight 'air gap' in the middle of the bottom of the seal at all, the only other bubbles iv'e seen a 100% full seal on is my square cut bubbles which I know is okay, but iv'e never seen that on this bubble style.

Am I wrong about any of this or am I right?... am I just paranoid? :?

Attachments

• DSCF7504.JPG
    DSCF7504.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 903
  • DSCF7505.JPG
    DSCF7505.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 907
  • DSCF7506.JPG
    DSCF7506.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 898
  • DSCF7507.JPG
    DSCF7507.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 902
  • DSCF7508.JPG
    DSCF7508.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 905

subzero

Sith Lord
Is that 100%?.. i'm almost sure I read in another forum that the baggie ones were done later on?

lejackal

Grand Master
I would say it's a definite yes but if you let me have a link to the other information I'll have a look

subzero

Sith Lord
Sorry iv'e just re-read the comment on the RebelScum forum and somebody said it was on later Kenner MOC's, not Palitoy. So yeah if all Palitoys have the baggie then mine is defo a Toy Toni.

Out of curiosity though if Toy Toni was replicating MOC's then wouldn't he have thought to put the sack in a baggie??

Cymonguk

Padawan
My understanding was that he didn't think people would notice, as at the time there was no record of exact variants like we have now. We had some, but not in a way that could be checked across thousands of items.

subzero

Sith Lord
Ah right I see what you mean, that makes sense I suppose being with things not being as catalogued back then.

Thanks lejackal and Cymonguk your input was very helpful. Looks like i'll be doing my very first MOC return... :cry:

subzero

Sith Lord
I didn't even notice that, just looked at my other Palitoy MOC figure ( 65d? ) which I know is genuine and it also doesn't have the number on it.

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Toni (may his balls wither), used genuine vintage cards, figures and for the most part bubbles. He acquired them legally when the factory shut and then purchased figures in the wild as he needed them. What the scroat then did was put them all together and sell them as factory sealed mocs. The cards are genuine - it's his morality that's out of whack.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom