Dave in camden

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
I was in Camden the other week to see a play and got there an hour early so before a nice pint me and the mrs popped into the market.

Dave's stall was closed but it looks as though someone has said to him "if you sort this all out properly you could make more sales"

He's now got two glass cabinets outside filled with all sorts of action figures and still expensive, what made me laugh was all the figures he has in them are in pretty poor condition, he had 3 loose incomplete discoloured lumats for £20 each and I also spotted a wwf nasty boy figure in really played with condition for £10.

he also has this sign up now "daves collectables"

the main stall I couldn't get into as he wasn't there but can clearly see in, still looks full to the brim inside but it did look like he had a lot more stock than usual so i'm guessing he's bought a fair amount over the past year since I last visited him

shame I didn't get to have a proper look in and have a chat as he's done me a couple of good deals a few years ago

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Yeh have known David for well over 20 years and back then I actually got some nice pieces from him reasonably priced. He used to make trips to the US and bring back some good stock. It was around $2-£1 back then so it was easier for him to make a good margine while selling reasonably :!:
Unfortunately his prices today r ridiculous for the condition of what he is selling :!: He seems too long in the tooth to get into reality and lower his prices! His right I suppose :?

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Is this the guy ?

Short video, hope I'm not transgressing any rules posting the link, if so please take it down mods :?

https://vimeo.com/23524843

You can clearly see that the guy is passionate about what he is doing, wish there were more places like this, heaven for me if I lived nearby I would be in there every chance I could!

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Ill be in London with a mate this coming Thursday.
I'd like to stop by.
Is it easy to find in the market?
We're going to try to get to monkeys emporium as well.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
fairly easy to find,

if you are coming from chalk farm walk into the stables market entrance and monkeys is up the hill on the right, for daves go back to the entrance and go further in on the left more indoors for his place

let us know how you get on :)

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Got to Monkeys Emporium.
Nice bloke with a couple of cases of vintage and some boxed vehicles.
Prices were on the high side but that's to be expected for a shop.
Leia Organa complete £125, pop up R2 complete £529.
Lots of loose, some in excellent condition.
Some bootlegs and carded figures.
Tri-logo Ben, Dengar, and Luke xwing. Plus lots of ROTJ Lobot, Landon, Chewie, jabbas goons, etc.
He also had a vinyl caped jawa with a split cape by the arm for roughly £695, can't remember exactly.
Definitely worth a visit.

Didn't actually get to Dave's after all that.

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Some photos:

Attachments

• IMG_20180315_121806.jpg
    IMG_20180315_121806.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 604
  • IMG_20180315_121811.jpg
    IMG_20180315_121811.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 605
  • IMG_20180315_124629.jpg
    IMG_20180315_124629.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 605
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom